Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: conformation of ds DNA
ahlok2002
Hazard to Self

Mood: peace

[*] posted on 25-5-2004 at 10:20
conformation of ds DNA

A ds DNA can exhibits various forms depend on the location/position. so, what will be the criteria we need to consider for this appearance of different 'conformation' (A,B,Z form) in ds DNA ?

Learning is not state of being; is a process, is not a destination; is a direction
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 25-5-2004 at 14:39

Hmm, I am not sure what you mean with your question. The different conformations of double-stranded (ds) DNA is a result of different conditions (i.e. dehydrating) the DNA resides in.
Is that what you mean? Which conditions produce different conformations?

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
ahlok2002
Hazard to Self

Mood: peace

[*] posted on 26-5-2004 at 01:30

Maybe i elaborate more..... What are the causes of different conformations exit in ds DNA? The B form of ds DNA is the most stable form in most of the condition. But in certain condition the ds DNA may exits as A form or Z form.
So, besides what you said the dehydration condition, i would like to know more about the causes lead to conformation change in DNA. Can the ads DNA existing of different forms during different stages in the cell (different stages of development)?

Some people suggest that the conformation changes depend to the protein interact to form the DNA-protein complex.
so what i would like to ask is the existing of different conformations in same ds DNA can occur?(that means one ds DNA can have B and A form at the same time due to the DNA interact with different proteins at different location ):)

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by ahlok2002]

Learning is not state of being; is a process, is not a destination; is a direction
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top