Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6
Author: Subject: Suspicious company
Reverend Necroticus Rex
Hazard to Others

Mood: Poisonous

[*] posted on 16-12-2004 at 15:59

From the UK actually, I'm not sure if it is watched, but simple possession of RP isn't illegal here yet...

The sun is shining on a brand new day
Blackened corpses burn where they were slain
Self-flagellation prompts him to confess, Bless me father, for I made this mess.
UpNatom
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-12-2004 at 13:06
legal....but suspicious

Of course it is watched.
Quote:

but simple possesion of RP isn't illegal here yet

'Reasonable suspicion' [a deliberately ambiguous definition] means a police officer can kick your door in because he suspects you might be breaking the law. He isn't particularly bothered that the RP in itself isn't illegal...it's what you might be doing with it that he's gambling on. If he does enter your home [with his 7 or so colleagues] he will probably confiscate the beautiful quickfit you keep under your bed (for immediate pulverisation and forensic analysis) and anything else that looks slightly chem/science related since you are now suspected of running a drug lab by the mere presence of the labglass.

Our friend at KNO3 had/has another website which had lots of references to the cumbrian police force. I haven't checked it in a while so it may or may not still be up but it appeared to be some kind of sarcastic joke at their expense. Funny maybe...but definetly not smart!

On the other hand you could order the item and have it sent to you 'Post Restante' which is a little like having a PO box but doesn't cost you a penny. You can have any item delivered to a post office where you pick it up in person instead of having it sent to your home address.
Read about it here:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400040&me...
Reverend Necroticus Rex
Hazard to Others

Mood: Poisonous

[*] posted on 17-12-2004 at 19:20

Thank you. I didn't know of the service, but as it turns out thats what happened anyway, as the package of phosphorus was too big to fit through my letterbox.

As it happened, I send my father to pick it up from the sorting office for me:D

Oh well...he's going to have another package to pick up fairly soon...at least he is good for something! (I don't like him)

Have you the address for that other site you made mention of by the way?

[Edited on 18-12-2004 by Reverend Necroticus Rex]

The sun is shining on a brand new day
Blackened corpses burn where they were slain
Self-flagellation prompts him to confess, Bless me father, for I made this mess.
UpNatom
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-12-2004 at 13:01
thats not quite what happened

Your mail was addressed to you at your home but was held at the royal mail sorting office I would guess, because of non-delivery. Poste restante must be clearly marked as such by the sender and should be addressed to you @ the address of your favourite post office eg:

Poste Restante
Rev. Necroticus Rex,
Main St. Post Office,
Herby City

Your don't put your home address on it (and that is the beauty) and you just go along and pick it up in person (ID may be required but usually anything else with your name printed on it seems to count as ID in my experience) If you have it sent in a friends name....well you get the picture.

F.T.P.I.G [For The Protection of Innocent Glassware.] :D

Edit: The page has been removed but the link to it still exists here:
http://www.chemicalsman.com/kno3urls/home.html

[Edited on 18-12-2004 by UpNatom]
Kerry-AnnShanks
Harmless

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 23-8-2005 at 15:15
CHEMICALSMAN.COM

Hello,

Just in case anybody would like to know chemicalsman.com is part of www.kno3.com who do supply chemicals worldwide as i have bought several times.
Kerry-AnnShanks
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-8-2005 at 15:21
www.kno3.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Limpet Chicken
Have a look at their (crappy) website, they don't seem to HAVE anything even remotely innocent, I suppose if I don't hear any bad experiences from other members, I might take the risk of ordering some magnesium ribbon or turnings, as far as I know there isn't too much suspicion attatched to magnesium, I'm pretty much certain I can't be busted for it anyway :)

:mad: Sorry the site is not perfect but we have sold more than $500,000 of chemicals to the US and europe in the last 12 Months. We must be doing something right!
Kerry-AnnShanks
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-8-2005 at 15:25

This site www.kno3.com does deliver or your money back.
Kerry-AnnShanks
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-8-2005 at 15:30

I work for www.kno3.com and can clearly state the cumbrian police force have nothing to do with this company and have never been in touch.

Please if you are truthfull tell me were the links are?
Kerry-AnnShanks
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-8-2005 at 15:39
www.kno3.com Good Company

Quote:
Originally posted by UpNatom
Your mail was addressed to you at your home but was held at the royal mail sorting office I would guess, because of non-delivery. Poste restante must be clearly marked as such by the sender and should be addressed to you @ the address of your favourite post office eg:

Poste Restante
Rev. Necroticus Rex,
Main St. Post Office,
Herby City

Your don't put your home address on it (and that is the beauty) and you just go along and pick it up in person (ID may be required but usually anything else with your name printed on it seems to count as ID in my experience) If you have it sent in a friends name....well you get the picture.

F.T.P.I.G [For The Protection of Innocent Glassware.] :D

Edit: The page has been removed but the link to it still exists here:
http://www.chemicalsman.com/kno3urls/home.html

[Edited on 18-12-2004 by UpNatom]

Hello, UpNatom,

Can you tell me were you have seen cumbrian police force posts about www.kno3.com as i can't find any and i work for kno3.com and have not had any dealings with police? Or on the other hand you maybe a competitor?
Lambda
National Hazard

Mood: Euforic Online

[*] posted on 23-8-2005 at 18:37
In the state of, Greater Manchester

Hello Kerry-AnnShanks,

I will appreciate it, if you would be so kind as to explaine this "typo" for a UK run firm:
Quote:

About Us

RAW CHEMICALS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED is located , in the state of, Greater Manchester.

We specialize in hard to find chemicals and have shipped more than 5,000 orders worldwide in the last year.

Whether you’re an individual or a business we can supply what you need. All orders are automatically taken via the shopping cart and orders leave the same day when possible.

Thanks for shopping at RAW CHEMICALS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED

Kno3 website:
http://www.kno3.com/infopage.asp?page=7

This seems rather American, or dose the UK also have "states" nowadays ?
Bomb making chemicals on the front page, plus "ignitor cord" ?

You can read more about this here:
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=4166

I am not accusing you or your firm of anything, but just presenting the facts as I know it from what I have read, that's all. And I am not a competitor, nor a terrorist.

[Edited on 24-8-2005 by Lambda]
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 24-8-2005 at 00:33

Quote:

Bomb making chemicals on the front page, plus "ignitor cord" ?

There is no such thing as "bomb making chemicals". There are chemicals that can be used to make, in this case, crude bombs.

Don't be a hypocrit and complain about fearmongering media one day and use their warp tactics the other day, please.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Lambda
National Hazard

[*] posted on 24-8-2005 at 00:54

Vulture, I was not trying to be a hypocrit, but the issue here was, the point of this company being legitimate (not a trap). The combination just seems odd, as can be read in the thread that I had quoted. I was just presenting things as I have read them. My personal opinion aside.

[Edited on 24-8-2005 by Lambda]
UpNatom
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-8-2005 at 10:28

Kerry-AnnShanks,
A webpage referring to the cleveland police was published on the chemicalsman site. The link I provided above no longer illustrates that fact because the page has been changed.

However you clearly didn't take into account the google cache which holds an original copy of the page here and you can clearly see 2 references to the cleveland police.
One link points to another page called cleveland_police_coruption.html, again also removed.

And no I'm not a competitor, but I can see why you might be worried. You prices are outrageous and that leaves a lot of room for others to undercut you I suppose......hmmm I wonder....
Kerry-AnnShanks
Harmless

thumbdown.gif posted on 25-8-2005 at 12:31
CHEMICALSMAN.COM

The fact that chemicalsman.com posted on it's website that it has information of corruption inside cleveland police, What part of this means that CHEMICALSMAN.COM and legitimate chemical sales has anything to do with that?

Also we are not based in cleveland and have not broken any laws selling chemicals. As far as prices go and judging only bye the amount of sales daily we must be priced right.

I don't know when you posted your posting but some of our prices just cannot be beaten or item can't be found anywere else.

If after more than 5,000 sales this feedback is worst against www.kno3.com then we have done a very good job. but you can't keep all people happy all the time, But can keep most people happy most of the time! Enough said.
lemuralia
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-8-2005 at 15:21
RP source

The thing I find suspicious about kno3.Is that the place you sourced the RP tubs from is notorious for working with the police.

[Edited on 25-8-2005 by lemuralia]
DP
Harmless

Mood: Cranky ;)

[*] posted on 26-8-2005 at 12:30

I highly recommend that nobody order from this company. I know someone that is about to do a long prison term for ordering RP from them. :o Also, they never respond to e-mails and I've heard a lot of bad things from other people after they placed an order. It seems like this company has people in the US working for it that's just trying to get people busted so watch the hell out! :o :o
Taaie-Neuskoek
Hazard to Others

Mood: Botanical!

[*] posted on 26-8-2005 at 14:12

In The Netherlands the use of those kinds of sugertraps is forbidden by law, provoking is not a legimate way for the police to handle. I think this is also the case for other EU countries, except for maybe Great Brittain.

Never argue with idiots, they drag you down their level and beat you with experience.
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 26-8-2005 at 15:24

@Kerry Ann Shanks

Is this also you? Very similar style of writing.

http://www.zen9251.zen.co.uk/

Some other interesting thing:

The domain kno3.com indeed is in Texas, but that does not necessarily mean that the company itself is in Texas, but I would be pleased to read an explanation from Kerry-Ann

Domain Registry Trace:

Record For
kno3.com

Registrant:
Shanks, Kerry-Ann

ATTN: KNO3.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447

Domain Name: KNO3.COM

Administrative Contact :
Shanks, Kerry-Ann
z62z75482ry@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Technical Contact :
Shanks, Kerry-Ann
z62z75482ry@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Record expires on 20-May-2008
Record created on 16-Feb-2005
Database last updated on 04-Jun-2005

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

DNS1.SECURE-SHOPS5.COM 69.44.61.169
DNS2.SECURE-SHOPS5.COM 69.44.61.169

This listing is a Network Solutions Private Registration. Mail correspondence to this address must be sent via USPS Express Mail™ or USPS Certified Mail®; all other mail will not be processed. Be sure to include the registrant?s domain name in the address.

Current Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
IP Address: 69.44.61.169 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-TEXAS-SAN ANTONIO
Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: IIS 6
Lock Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
Web Site Status: Active
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Web Site Title: Welcome to RAW CHEMICALS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED - We Accept All Credit And Debit Cards, Fast Worldwide Shipping, USA & Canada In 3 Days, Insured Postage, Free Shipping In The UK.
Secure: No
E-commerce: Yes
Traffic Ranking: 3
Data as of: 02-Jul-2005

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
chloric1
International Hazard

Mood: Stoichiometrically Balanced

[*] posted on 26-8-2005 at 19:57
Heck

You do not need to worry about me ordering. Even if it where not a sting, online orders with a nonsecure site is financial suicide! Listen, what is that sucking sound....it is hackers tapping off what remains of your debit/credit card balance:cool::P

Fellow molecular manipulator
Lambda
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-8-2005 at 20:11

Quote:
Originally posted by vulture
Quote:
.....Don't be a hypocrit and complain about fearmongering media one day and use their warp tactics the other day, please.....
If giving examples of "fishy" advertising tactics that smells of "trap", ultimatly ends up in being called a "hypocrit", then so be it. I perferre to be called a hypocrite who tries to prevent a snake from biting, than to just to sit idle and let the inevitible happen. This company stinks !, and the more I read about it, the stronger the stench becomes. Oh, and this is now my personal opinion.

[Edited on 27-8-2005 by Lambda]
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 27-8-2005 at 07:19

I was merely referring to the fact that you are labeling certain chemicals as "bomb making chemicals". Ofcourse it's a good thing that you try to bust suspicious companies.

Quote:

I know someone that is about to do a long prison term for ordering RP from them.

You mean buying RP is illegal in the states? :o

[Edited on 27-8-2005 by vulture]

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Lambda
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-8-2005 at 07:49

As a chemist, I should know better than to use the words "bomb making chemicals". You are right about this. However, I am surprised that nobody has kicked my ass yet for all my typo's. You are all just to polite here at Sciencemadness:). I will as from today install a spell checker on this computer, which I bought today.:D
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 27-8-2005 at 07:51

I'm guessing that he's talking about someone who was busted by a tip-off from this company.
Fleaker
International Hazard

Mood: nucleophilic

[*] posted on 27-8-2005 at 07:52

IIRC, it [RP] is illegal if you're not affiliated with an institution or a company with legitimate use.

If that is the case (as I think it is) then the company in question shouldn't be allowed to sell RP to consumers in the U.S. without the proper paperwork. That would, in turn, explain the warnings of several of our board members because I suspect that red phosphorus going to a residential address would arouse suspicion/investigation.
DP
Harmless

Mood: Cranky ;)

[*] posted on 27-8-2005 at 09:01

"You mean buying RP is illegal in the states?"

Yep, the DEA threshold for RP is 0, so that means being in possession of any amount (lets say... even 1mg) without a DEA license is against the law. The person I spoke about was visited the day after delivery and they found other things basically in plain view, which made the charges stick. This person is rather dull imo so that didn't help either. I bet customs checks every order that ships to the US from this company or they are working with LE.
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6

Go To Top