Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Microwave Assisted Chemical Reactions
Shehaab
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

shocked.gif posted on 30-9-2012 at 23:00
Microwave Assisted Chemical Reactions

I'm doing a year long research project on the chemistry of microwave irradiated reactions and I'd really appreciate it if people would help me out with web/ other resources for the more advanced aspects of the field.
I already have enough information on the basics.
I know there are thousands of research papers available but i have limited resources, I can't buy more than 1 or 2 papers.
hyfalcon
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-10-2012 at 02:35

There is a section on the board where you can request papers.
ElectroWin
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-10-2012 at 05:18

don't get them from Elsevier, then. (they charge insulting prices)
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 16:15

The folks here can help you, within limits. You really need access to a library that either has those journals, or has them available via internet.

Here in Portland, the Universities allow public access to most of what they have. Some of them have online access to most major journals. Free to the public, but only via computers located in their own libraries. University students can obtain passwords that allow them access via their home computers.

No one can do a research project, while paying $40.00 bucks a-pop to look at papers. Especially so, since most papers have little useful content.

I don't know where you are, but if schools are not nearby, I see travel in your future.

Bring a sleeping bag.
ItsAChitzen
Harmless

Mood: lulz

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 07:08

Quote: Originally posted by zed  

No one can do a research project, while paying $40.00 bucks a-pop to look at papers. Especially so, since most papers have little useful content.

Ain't that the truth... If you are handy with a computer, you can avoid some of the obstacles set by the companies. I would take a flash drive to the local university, the university-er the better, and take an afternoon downloading papers.

Pro-tip: You can bypass the download limit on many .pdf files by simply pressing the hotkey for "Save" (ctrl+shift+s)... lol
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
20-11-2023 at 12:36

Go To Top