Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: TeACN
Quince
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-10-2005 at 04:29

Quote:
Originally posted by axehandle
..and for those of us here who don't know the cyrillic alphabet nor russian...?

LOL, he used cyrillic, but not Russian, he just phonetically spelled out the English (Disclaimer: I'm not Russian, I just know the Cyrillic alphabet).

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
Quince
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-10-2005 at 04:32

Quote:
Originally posted by quest
I found some picture in google with some metarial in the same color of the "green" I got:

click here

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by quest]

Er, you should know better than to do something like this and expect a valid reply. The chromatic responses of different monitors vary widely, unless all users have calibrated their systems with the correct color profiles (I have, but have you?).

[Edit: Fixed spelling error.]

[Edited on 8-10-2005 by Quince]

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-3-2009 at 12:39

Sorry for writing in a very old thread!

Yesterday i tried to make TACN by dissolving 2g pure copper and 5g ammonium nitrate in 10ml 10% ammonia sulution.
After 1 day the solution turned blue and bright blue crystals formed at the copper. I filtered the solution and ended up with 0.7g with crystals. I dried them well. Then i tried to detonate it. It got a very little "poof sound" and some smoke came.
Is this TACN? If so, it didn't impressed me!

I also tried to use CuO insted of pure copper. I ended up with some very dark blue\purble crystals after i filtrated it. When i heated them up, nothing happend. What is this? What did I do wrong?

Can somewhone give me a recipe with CuO and one with Cu to make TACN? It is so little info on these explosives on the internet! I have access to most of the chemicals and equipment used. And yes, i have read this thread and i have searched.

[Edited on 5-20-2011 by Polverone]
User
Hazard to Others

Mood: Passionate

[*] posted on 25-3-2009 at 17:22

Well maybe it's a useless comment but isnt TACN just a pointless pursuit.
It has no practical use what so ever.
It's a bitch to dry, i made it under absolute alcohol with dried gass and every possible way i could think of to eliminate water still the damn stuff remains wet, which ruins it's properties if it has any.
Except for educational purpose i can not imagine why one would want to make it.
Better look for other complex primaries.

Try bubbeling dried ammonia gas through the solution.

What a fine day for chemistry this is.
lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-3-2009 at 22:49

Thanks.

In the Copper, ammonium nitrate? Can i mix copper and ammonium nitrate in ethanol and bubble ammonia through?
Can i boil 10% ammonia to get ammonia gas or must i do it another way?
Taoiseach
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 00:27

"Well maybe it's a useless comment but isnt TACN just a pointless pursuit. It has no practical use what so ever."

I have to disagree. TACN is easily dehydrated in dry acetone, forming a stable dull-violett powder. This is the only useful form of TACN. The hydrated form cannot be stored because it readily draws CO2 from air. It is also very insensitive and weak. I observed the same effect with TACP: The hydrated form is useless. It can hardly be ignited with a match and is very insensitive to impact. Remove the water of crystalization and you get a much more sensitive and powerfull substance. Of course these materials must be stored in a well stoppered bottle to exclude moisture. Thats probably the reason none of these substances ever saw commercial application as primaries.

"It got a very little "poof sound" and some smoke came.
Is this TACN? If so, it didn't impressed me!"

Yes but its the hydrated form. From that you will hardly get anything more impressive than a pop sound and some smoke. Plus it decomposes in air. So you need to dehydrate it. Put the crystals in a beaker with dry acetone, crush them carefully then decant and press dry between filter paper. Let them dry in warm air until all acetone has evaporated. Then do a final drying over CaCl2.

During the acetone wash you will notice the chunky crystals change color from deep blue to a light violet and turn into a fine powder. This powder is stable in air and quite powerful. Its quite sensitive too - smack with a hammer and it goes boom.

"Can somewhone give me a recipe with CuO and one with Cu to make TACN?"

Both will work. NH4NO3 can oxidize copper metal, forming ammonium nitrite, ammonia and water. The nitrite is unstable @RT and decomposes to water and nitrogen:

Cu + 3NH4NO3 > Cu(NO3)2 + 2NH3 + 3H2O + N2

Only 2 moles of NH3 are formed per copper atom. Four NH3 will coordinate to Cu(II) forming the tetrammine complex:

Cu+2 + 4NH3 > [Cu(NH3)4]2+

The nitrate [Cu(NH3)4](NO3)2 can be precipated because it has a much lower solubility than copper nitrate.

As you can see, oxidation of Cu with NH4NO3 will only give 50% theoretical yield because too little NH3 is formed. You can remedy the situation by boiling Cu metal in NH4NO3 solution, then add ammonia. Work with hot concentrated solution, if possible use dry NH3 gas and lead into the still hot solution. Upon cooling you should get a nice crop of TACN.

Of course CuO works better because copper is already oxidized. No waste of the precious nitrate ion here. Put copper metal into ammoniacal NH4NO3 solution and bubble air through it. Copper is oxidized on contact with air, the oxide dissolving in water:

2Cu + O2 > 2CuO
CuO + H2O > Cu(OH)2

"It's a bitch to dry, i made it under absolute alcohol with dried gass and every possible way i could think of to eliminate water still the damn stuff remains wet, which ruins it's properties if it has any."

It cannot be made in anhydrous form, unless you have access to anhydrous copper nitrate :) This stuff is not easily available and quite impossible to make at home.
If you start from CuO or copper metal, the reactions forming the complex will always produce water so theres no point in using ethanol as medium.

User
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 04:02

I've made it under professional lab conditions as well as TANN with "every" possible material/chemicals within my reach .
And besides i used no water at all ( as far as that's possible with moisture in the air ).
The only contact it had with water was during vacuum filtering.
Well what I am actually trying to say is that its funny substance to make but it remains pointless.

Ps. is not there a topic about this like 20 pages long?

lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 05:27

I really appreciate your post Taoiseach!
One thing I did not understand was how to dehydrate it in acetone? Can you describe the dehydrate procedure a little clearer, I'm not so good in English.
Taoiseach
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 07:03

Dump it into a beaker filled with acetone, stirr and let it sit for a short time. The acetone will take up the water of crystalization. Pour off the acetone (which now contains water) and wash with another portion. Repeat until the color of the crystals no longer changes.

Of course this works best with dry reagent grade acetone, but I tried it with the crappy comercial stuff (which contains a considerable amount of water) and even that worked fine.
lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 08:34

Can i just heat up some 10% ammonia sulution to get ammonia gas?
User
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 10:08

Yes its possible thou not very economical.
You can also use an ammonium salt e.g ammonium nitrate.
Just pour some acid over it and you will have ammonia gas.
The only problem is that the gas might be wet so it has to be dried over a desiccating salt/fluid.

lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 10:59

NH4NO3 + HCl --> NH4Cl + HNO3
HCl is the strongest acid i have, so how can i make ammonia gas the?
Can I use acetic or citric acid?
Taoiseach
Hazard to Others

mad.gif posted on 28-3-2009 at 01:19

Fuck I wasted my time on u retard. U dont know shit about chemistry but ask questions on how to make explosives. FU :mad:
lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-3-2009 at 01:40

I have not taught me everything in the chemistry yet, but I know a lot about it. My father worked on it, so he can very much. He helps me too!
So you don't need not be angry.

I have dehydrated the crystals in acetone and dried them with Potassium Chloride (10h). I testet them, but they didn't detonate! The acetone was 60-100% and the container i dried them in with potassium chloride is airtight. What did i do wrong?

User
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-3-2009 at 10:09

Are kidding me?
How do you dry stuff over KCl, its not like that hygrospopic.
Wow and btw that would be an awsome way to make HNO3 :o

lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-3-2009 at 10:20

I buyed KCl on a hardware store as a stuff to dry things, so I thought I could use it.
NH4NO3 + HCl --> NH4Cl + HNO3, i copy and paste it from another site. I thought it was too easy to make HNO3 that way too, however, it could be that NH4NO3 + HCl --> NH4Cl + HNO3 was right, but it was impossible to make HNO3 that way for some wierd reason.
Don't look at me like I'm stupid!

how can i dry the crystals then?
Formatik
National Hazard

Mood: equilibrium

[*] posted on 28-3-2009 at 10:37

Go pick up a basic chemistry text book and learn some things. Then read some literature.
lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-3-2009 at 10:49

I can just ask my dad instead. I have a chemistry book, also a book about explosives.
User
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-3-2009 at 06:43

Damn I hate flaming like this.
But I dont want to make myself look stupid.
No if course its not possible to make nitric acid that way... OMG.
Please go play with lego or something.

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 31-3-2009 at 04:31

Quote: Originally posted by User  
Damn I hate flaming like this.
But I dont want to make myself look stupid.
No if course its not possible to make nitric acid that way... OMG.
Please go play with lego or something.

It is possible and HNO3 is in the mix of NH4NO3 + HCl aside with NH4Cl; but to get HNO3 out in appreciable amount is another story because HCl is more volatile and because by concentration of the watery solution HNO3+HCl will make ON-Cl and O2N-Cl and oxydise the NH4(+) into N2, NH2Cl and NCl3 (+ some Cl2)...

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-6-2009 at 05:47

There you see :P

I have got some calciumchloride to dehydrate my TACN. How long does this take?
It has stood for three days, however, nothing has happened. Another person from another forum has let it sit for over a week and the TACN has turned brownish? He has not yet testet it, though.
lopos123
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-6-2009 at 06:55

I've tried to detonate it now, however, nothing happened.
Etanol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-3-2013 at 11:54

It worked!
Cu(NO3)2 + 10% NH3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOd4NTnolTA&list=UUd1EjH...
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 7-9-2014 at 11:09

Laboratory of Liptakov developed a easy preparation TACN.

This converter is patent protected by March 12, 2014. The owner of patent rights: Laboratory of Liptákov. You do not ask me any permission. Asking for permission to be in the industrial and commercial use.

TACN the hemihydrate. OB -6.3. Reagents for the portion of the base:
NH4NO3 clean 100 g
Cu wire diameter 1.5 mm 40 g
NH3 25% in aq. 140 g
Glass is placed 350 ml clean grease-free Cu wire according to the diagram. The cap hole with a diameter of 12mm. AN embankment and pour NH3.
Glass coated foam insert into a suitable mixing apparatus. For example, a ball mill. Set the speed to 60 to 120rpm. The reaction takes 2-4 hours. According to the ambient temperature. Last hour to dissolve all the copper and glass full of raw TACN about 1-2 mm grain size. Caution: the reaction is exothermic. Reaction temperature 30-40 ° C. Do not exceed. After the reaction cooled to 5 ° C. Crystals TACN put into the separator. That is the figure. Vent domestic vacuum cleaner. Dry at 40 ° C. Yield: 120-140 grams of dry hemihydrate. For the production of explosives not need recrystallization. Recrystallization: from 8% aqueous solution of NH3.
LL...........:cool:

tacn_mchaka_161.jpg - 120kB

[Edited on 8-9-2014 by Laboratory of Liptakov]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 28-1-2015 at 09:49
TeACP

For TeACP procedure is almost the same as for TeACN. In the clip, the only difference in the ratios. The clip is also an attempt to what can be cut only with youtube editor. But this is off topic EM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDPa0Od3jws
...Dr.Liptakov...:cool:
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top