Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: chlorpheniramine
SM2
Hazard to Others

Mood: Affect

[*] posted on 12-11-2012 at 07:52
chlorpheniramine

not really a bibliography but a clearing house of related articles. Very interesting.

http://bioinformatics.ualr.edu/dan/medrep/CC/Chlorpheni~Coca...
mycotheologist
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-11-2012 at 14:40

Related articles about what? Drug interactions between chlorphenamine and cocaine?
SM2
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-12-2012 at 17:41

MushroomGod: I wonder which is easier, just a click to see the articles, or asking me. Beyond absurd.
SM2
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-12-2012 at 08:12

I'm sorry. I was rude. My personal apologies to you, mycotheologist for my uncalled for, and anti-social behavior.

I believe the jist of many of the studies and articles is a demonstration that colorpheneramine substitutes for cocaine (type), but not for amphetamine (type), where (as) diphenhydramine has the same reaction, only visa verse. These are OTC anti-histamines in USA, and can be had cheaply on the the bay It's apparently much more complicated than antihistamines mimicking anti-cholegenerics (spelling?), producing delirium. And more complicated than anti-histamines having only similar profile to nightshade alkaloids. Some anti=histamines did NOT generalize for any of the above two stimulants. One thing which is interesting, is the distinction by the rats, between cocaine v/s amphetamine type. Another interesting point is the delirium which can be caused by large and repeated doses of any of those stimulants, especially coco.

I found the research to be intriguing, so I posted it.
smaerd
International Hazard

Mood: hmm...

[*] posted on 19-12-2012 at 11:13

Quote:
Another interesting point is the delirium which can be caused by large and repeated doses of any of those stimulants, especially coco.

Amphetamines and most recreational drugs can induce psychosis especially after repeated usage. If thats what you mean by "delirium". It's more common then it is discussed sadly. I'd really love to see a scientific full on discussion about psychosis. Whether it be drug induced, or chronic, genetic, etc. It's very poorly understood even by leading researchers in the field, and the current medications for it are pretty awful. In some cases the side-effects might even be considered inhumane but there aren't many options for sufferers. It's also filled with crack-pot theories and seemingly bizarre but slightly effective counter-measures. Really interesting from a scientific perspective, pharmacologically, biologically, psychiatrically, etc, and pretty critical to society on a grand scale(1% of all people). Hopefully that's where I end up professionally. Sorry for a derailment of your thread.

Nicodem
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
19-12-2012 at 12:12

Go To Top