Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I2 ext. from 3% tinc.
udntnome
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

shocked.gif posted on 27-6-2004 at 19:42
I2 ext. from 3% tinc.

The following is a method of I2 extraction from 7% tincture... the question is, would there be any problems using this exact method for 3% tincture? Would ratios need re-sizing, or would anything else need adjusting due to it being a lesser percentage tincture?

* Aggitate in 1 gal. milk jug: 1pt 7% iod. tincture, 3pt hyd. per., 2oz hcl, 4oz dh20. Let sit w/cap loosened for 20min.
* Filter through pantyhose. Wash iod. through filter 4x w/dh20, using a fresh filter for the last wash.
* Dry in airtight/lightproof Tupperware w/calcium chloride (~1 week).

Thanks to anyone that replies.
thunderfvck
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-6-2004 at 21:53

The same will apply. The ratioes need changing to accomodate for the 3% rather than 7%.

This is a very poor way of doing it IMHO. I've always added the acid first, then dripped in the H2O2 SLOWLY, filtering it every now and then and then milking it for more. Once it goes tea colored (iced tea) it's done. Time is of the essence, I recall reading that the oxidation takes a long time, and if you have too much H2O2, you can overoxidize and that leaves you with shit.

Of course, this method WILL work, but yields will suffer most likely...

vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 28-6-2004 at 11:30

We already have enough threads about iodine isolation from tinctures and what not.

Closed.

SEARCH!

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.

Go To Top