Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dichloro Methylphosphine CH3PCl2
whupharm_xu
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

smile.gif posted on 28-7-2004 at 18:35
Dichloro Methylphosphine CH3PCl2

Anyone has the specifics for this synthesis?
thanks!:o
whupharm_xu
Harmless

sad.gif posted on 28-7-2004 at 18:44
CH3P(OEt)2

anyone can help me for this synthesis.
thanks!:P
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 28-7-2004 at 18:48

Specifics for what synthesis? There is no synthesis listed. Ideally methylphosphorus dichloride is made by the following reaction:

PCl3 + CH3P(OCH3)2 ----> CH3PCl2 + ClP(OCH3)2

One specific I would recommend is to keep it anhydrous, but that's no-brainer. Are not methyl phosphorus derivatives precursors to some chemical weapons or am I crossing my information somewhere.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
BromicAcid
International Hazard

mad.gif posted on 28-7-2004 at 18:54

Would this have something to do with your other topic on methylphosphorus dichloride, hummmm...

MePCl2 + 2EtOH + 2Et3N ----> MeP(OEt)2 + 2Et3N*HCl

Please, give more information when asking a question. This is not a forum for post a question get an answer. At least show you put some effort into finding an answer first for your question. Or at least pretend like you did. :( If that were the case I might be privy with more reaction details. Put more effort into future posts if at all possible.

P.S. Information like this should be gathered from a good library, just one book should have all the information on phosphorus chemistry you could want! :)

Edit : Equation unbalanced and added rant.

[Edited on 7/29/2004 by BromicAcid]

vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 29-7-2004 at 04:03

I merged the thread which caused some disruptions in the timeline...but I'll guess you figure it out.

whupharm_xu, STOP asking oneline questions and making unnecessary new topics!! :mad:

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

smile.gif posted on 30-7-2004 at 17:51

Quote:
to BromicAcid

you gave a good suggestion for how to find the information about this synthesis.actually i tried a lot and i knew the mehod you provided.i did the synthesis by this method,but the result was not promising.for example,the product was not stable .
can you offer a better method for it,or give more details for this synthesis?!:P

Next time it would be good to mention methods you already know, and since you've tried this, the kind of results you got. There may be a problem with your method that could be fixed. But which reaction did you know and how did it not work well?

Also, you say the product was not stable? Was it the intended product that you got that was not stable? If that was the case it may be impurities but it might just be that it is not a stable product, heat, light, air, can decompose some phosphorus compounds.

Never think that you are giving too much information, we have no clue exactly where you are in these procedures and giving us a clue as to how far you are can help us to better help you.

Sarevok
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-8-2004 at 12:15

The synthesis of dichlor, from phosphorus trichloride, aluminum chloride, methylene chloride, water, and methyl chloride, can be found at http://gb.espacenet.com/. Search for the patent GB707961. Read the example 3.

[Edited on 15/8/2004 by Sarevok]

JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-8-2004 at 13:06

Be careful how you handle the [expletive deleted] stuff, though. Volatile compounds of trivalent P, e.g. CH3-PCl2 are extremely toxic, especially by inhalation, like the corresponding As compounds, and like H2S. They form highly-colored, tightly-bonded complexes with Fe compounds, like the Fe in hemoglobin.

John W.
mick
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-8-2004 at 13:32
dichloromethylphosphone

I think any alkylated phosphorous with two good leaving groups is classed as a nerve agent preccusor these days. Their synthysis is getting easier because they are used in DNA synthesis, but only in very small amounts, whether this is good or bad, who knows.
Mick
mick
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-8-2004 at 13:55
dichloromethylphosphone

I think any alkylated phosphorous with two good leaving groups is classed as a nerve agent preccusor these days. Their synthysis is getting easier because they are used in DNA synthesis, but only in very small amounts, whether this is good or bad, who knows.
Mick

Go To Top