Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Son getting in to chemistry.. glassware or apparatus suggestions?
hafnium
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-4-2013 at 23:31

Quote: Originally posted by Mailinmypocket  
Quote: Originally posted by hafnium  
If you don't want to order from China, someone's selling a brand domestically (Synthware) on ebay that's pretty much the same quality as Laboy for exactly the same prices. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Organic-Chemistry-Lab-Glassware-...). In fact, the kits are so similar, it wouldn't surprise me if Laboy and Synthware were coming out of the same factory.

Laboy is Synthware! I realized a lot of my Laboy glass has an extremely faint shadow of a synthware logo beneath it. I never noticed until close inspection recently.

Wow, that's crazy! I wonder why they rebrand their stuff, both are pretty highly regarded, at least in my experience dealing with them.
Steve_hi
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-4-2013 at 03:14

Quote:

Wow, that's crazy! I wonder why they rebrand their stuff, both are pretty highly regarded, at least in my experience dealing with them.

Mybe it's like the small Honda engines which are made in a factory in China there are now engines identical to Honda sold as a generic and about 1/4 to 1/3 the price They probably just copy the original brand and sell it much cheaper.
Good buy to any hich tech patents once they move to China for production.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top