Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: advice: Seller snafu 500ml 70% HNO3 ACS Reagent shipped to residence not my llc.
spukhafte Fernwirkung
Harmless

Mood: Yugen

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 12:54
advice: Seller snafu 500ml 70% HNO3 ACS Reagent shipped to residence not my llc.

Hi, been lurking for a while this is my first post. I have an LLC, am a external collaborator/particle physicist with CERN. Like most of you: anything related to the "higher 'purity'" sciences.

Chemistry being a facet of physics is of large interest to me , while not my concentrated field of study persay. I have no doubt on my credibility to have legitimate reason to procure even some 'eye brow raising' chems. Still: there are ways to do things properly and ways that can make you the target of audit level scrutiny and defending your intentions. So: when I ordered HNO3 I Requested it be shipped to my llc name and brick and mortar commercial address.

unfortunatley: the seller sent it to my billing address/residence. There was no one there to sign for it, and they couldn't find the 'apartment number' of the residence. My residence is the top two stories of a metropolitan 3 floor storefront. My question: its held for pickup. Adressed to me, not my busiNess, at my residence not my commercial location. Is it more trouble than it's worth to pick it up? Or am I over conservative in my perception of the regulations? I know we're a far cry from the freedom we had just 80 years ago to tinker with the matter around us: do I refuse shipment? Do I just explain myself? Also: is there a list of std. Regulated chem and what's needed to procure them without persecution? Something smaller than the litanous ACS web list? Thanks in advance for your advice and anecdotal experiences.
Vargouille
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 14:03

70% isn't not that big of a deal. I would just go down there and pick it up. If they ask anything, you could tell them your story, but it probably isn't necessary. Even if it is, you should be fine, since the seller messed up. The list of regulated chemicals depends on what country you live in.

P.S. There's no need to post this sort of this twice in two different forums, it'll just get one deleted.

P.P.S. Calling chemistry a facet of physics amounts to fighting words, I reckon.
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 22:24

The same question is asked here:

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=24167

This thread is closed, please continue in the other thread.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
woelen
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
7-5-2013 at 22:25

Go To Top