Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Helsinki mall blast
Juusto
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

sad.gif posted on 15-10-2002 at 10:55
Helsinki mall blast

As you may allready know a man named Petri Gerdt (aka RC) killed himself, seven others and injured over 70 peoples on the Helsinki Finland mall blast. Petri Gerdt (nickname RC) used to observe pyrotechics and science -boards like this one.

BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/2322275.stm
Juusto
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-10-2002 at 10:56

Correction: Shopping mall Myyrmanni locates at Vantaa city near capital city of Finland, Helsinki.
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 15-10-2002 at 12:22

I don't think that "RC" knew about this forum. This forum has remained fairly obscure, and there is no "RC" registered here.

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
-Moleman-
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-10-2002 at 12:56

sorry to disappoint you, but the bomber did link to this forum on a Finnish chemistry/pyrotechnics forum. he also referred to information about explosives he got from this place -- perhaps he used different user name here...
madscientist
National Hazard

sad.gif posted on 15-10-2002 at 13:20

Could you please provide me with some more information on this? I'm startled that he payed attention to this forum; that he even knew it existed! We're entirely devoted to pursuit of amateur chemistry (mad science), and not devoted to explosives - strange that he would visit this place in his vile quest.

-Moleman-
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-10-2002 at 13:40

Here's archived forum message in which he links to this forum:link

here's his profile: link

BTW today it was announced that several of the people who had been discussing with him on web bbs/forum were taking to the questioning by the police, and one of them was eventually arrested for assisting the bombing (he had given advice to "RC" on web forum)... more info
-Moleman-
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-10-2002 at 13:43

eh, messed up with the links, and now I'm not being able to edit the message (for some reason?).

Anyways, here's the second link that don't work in my previous message: http://www.roi24.com/kotikemia/profile.php@u=rc
raistlin
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-10-2002 at 14:10

You cannt edit because there is something wrong with the board software.

\"To ignite, or not to ignite, that is the question.\"
Hoffmann-LaRoche
Hazard to Self

thumbdown.gif posted on 15-10-2002 at 15:45
forum threat?

frightening......i cant speak finnish, but he started a topic about DPPP and inserted a part of blast_x´s posts, where a "preparation" of DPPP is explained(this was actually a quickshot cause this one will lead to a mix of different peroxides, mainly AP and whith low yield....

Reading todays news, i discovered he made this shitty mess with ammonium nitrate and not with a "supposedtobeDPPP"-peroxide mixture made with experimenting logs taken from our forum.....this makes me feel a bit more comfortable.....but a bad bad feeling about this all remains....:(

I think this fatal event will have some bad impact on the reputation of all chemistry forums.

I remember there was also an E&W-member named rc, but as i cant access this forum as a guest any more, i am not able to say wether THIS rc also stopped posting....

HLR

10 fingers present.
madscientist
National Hazard

sad.gif posted on 15-10-2002 at 15:58

It saddens me to see that we've been visited by rc. Does anyone know what any other internet aliases of his were?

I sure hope there isn't any repercussions that hurt this site, and I sincerely believe that there won't be any.

trinitrotoluene
Hazard to Others

Mood: paranoid

mad.gif posted on 17-10-2002 at 22:30

Arite I know that he was a member of roguesci.org. It is run by meglomania. In that site that person used the name RC. I was a member of that site but its shut down now thanks to him.It angers me the fact that he uses science to harm other people.
BoMBERMAN
Harmless

shocked.gif posted on 21-10-2002 at 00:47
Shocking

I was going to buy headset from the mall but then my dear friend said that you get better from helsinki so I must thank my friend that I didnt get injured or something much more... :(

Life kills.. ;)
Anarchist
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-12-2002 at 18:05

he didn't necessarily have to be registered here to get information on explosives from this forum. He could have just read as a guest, and if he really wanted to disguise himself he could have gone through a few proxies or done some TCP spoofing. Also, I don't think E&W is shut down.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DeusExMachina
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-1-2003 at 19:25

maybe he was under a different username? and trinitrotoluene, roguesci.org is not closed down.
Iv4
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-6-2003 at 06:52

Friend of mine knew RC personally(well through ICQ I think).Suposedly he said he was going to kil himself before he went and did it.Weird how people hurtthemselves I mean if I'm mad at society I'd take it out on society not myself...
jubrail
Harmless

Mood: Just Dandy

[*] posted on 28-7-2003 at 00:27
Other forums

This forum is definitely fine. Anything he got here for info on explosives, is general chemistry knowledge which should never be restricted. There are so many screwed up forums out there like roguesci (full of dangerous wierdos, if I may say so myself) and even forums for people into cannibalism. Here, sources are divulged and information is shared openly and safely. Why? Because intent to break the law with the information available here, is not the norm. So, as long as that is kept up, I feel that gov'ts will respect the innocence of this site.

And thanks for having me here, I like it here.

Rainbows & Butterflies Forever
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 28-7-2003 at 03:53

There are so many screwed up forums out there like roguesci (full of dangerous wierdos, if I may say so myself)

Please refrain from bashing Roguesci here.
Many members here (including myself) are members there also.

This forum is NOT intended for people who have been banned at roguesci and try to start their quest for vengeance from here.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Basement Chemist
Hazard to Self

Mood: underground

[*] posted on 28-7-2003 at 04:21

vulture, are you saying im in the wrong place? i was once banned, thanks to my brother. now i am in jail because i killed him. :mad::mad:

I am curently hiding from the DEA...
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 28-7-2003 at 08:38

I am not saying you are in the wrong place. Madscience uses very different policies than Rogue science, so you will not be banned or spit upon if you have been banned on Roguesci.

What bothers me is that somemembers who have been banned on Roguesci (mostly due to their own fault) abuse this forum to ventilate their frustration and/or try to create a hostile atmosphere between the two.

I will not tolerate such actions.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Basement Chemist
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-7-2003 at 08:51

oh, I was just kidding. But before I say anymore, are you one of those forum gods known as moderators who may have power to ban people from here?

vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 28-7-2003 at 09:48

I am a moderator.

Further information about my powers requires security clearance alpha sentinel A/01.

Basement Chemist
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-7-2003 at 14:01

DAMN IT! Alpha sentinel A/01 always shoots at me. I prepared some acetone peroxide to sell to him as cocaine though... But little does he know it has a detonator in it.... hahaha

Iv4
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-8-2003 at 22:35

Was that refereing to me?If so I have no such intention(when I could just smurf RS,which I'm not).

http://www.bombshock.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=7ddf5280... check the projects

Go To Top