[*] posted on 5-6-2013 at 14:28
Light Saber?!

I want one!

http://www.pyrocreations.com/inc/sdetail/624/227378
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 5-6-2013 at 23:14

Is this legal? I never would try to get such a through customs. You're asking for BIG trouble if you try this. I certainly expect a knock on the door of some official instead of a parcel with this device in it.

[Edited on 6-6-13 by woelen]

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
hyfalcon
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-6-2013 at 00:09

US made shipped in the US.
Endimion17
International Hazard

Mood: speeding through time at the rate of 1 second per second

[*] posted on 6-6-2013 at 01:49

A friend of mine went through tedious online search before he found something less powerful that's not a ripoff. I'm planning to obtain one myself, too.
Lasers with powers slightly above 1 watt cost more than this thing here. Yes, they are legal in most of the world, at the moment. (Sorry, Australia, LOL.)
There are no 3 watt handheld lasers available, unless you're a laser enthusiast that builds them from various parts, and then they're usually not really portable, looking like a radiac...

Do you have any idea what 3 watts of coherent light is? The mere act of pointing it to a white painted wall would create such dangerous half-diffused reflection that it would be a huge eye hazard.

Don't fall for this crap. It's a scam policy intended to suck away money from the gullible.

If you want to see reasonably true prices of certain laser monsters, go here.

[Edited on 6-6-2013 by Endimion17]

dontasker
Harmless

Mood: Plopping

[*] posted on 6-6-2013 at 12:38

3W blue with safety glasses, housing, batteries and at <$300... I don't know. My knee jerk reaction is that you will get a powerful laser, but it will be outputting tons of infrared, a little blue, and the glasses won't help protect your eyes enough.

You could probably piece-part a 1-2W for about that price. I've been considering it for a few months ever since the sudden emergence of cheap, true blue, high power diodes.

I've been periodically lurking on laserpointerforums.com for a couple years. I usually go there first if I want to check current trends, prices, or specs for various lasers. They don't seem to mention pyrocreations outside of threads where people want pyro chemicals for making smoke and stuff... I'm sure someone will ask about or buy one and do a write-up. Some really smart cookies on there that seem to have far too much spare cash.

If someone else takes the plunge and it turns out to be legit or even >1.5W I would probably have to get one, start some fires, blind myself, make enemies of the local FAA agents, etc...

hyfalcon
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-6-2013 at 16:45

Even better pricing and selection.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/rick-trent-laser-kits-3w-c...

-----------

I'm reading another thread on the above website where one of the builders on the site just got in some 5W red diodes. Everyone is drooling over those. I'll wait till the price drops, at $400 bare diode.

[Edited on 11-6-2013 by hyfalcon]

Go To Top