Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Modafinil (smart drug) synthesis
Solomon
Hazard to Self

Mood: FOR SCIENCE!

biggrin.gif posted on 25-6-2013 at 19:08
Modafinil (smart drug) synthesis

Modafinil is a "smart drug". Modafinil can keep you awake for over 20 hours and increase brain power (although it has been reported to be less effective in people with higher IQs). Modafinil is only available by prescription but I have learned a method by which it can be synthesized. For modafinil synthesis instructions visit: http://www.drugfuture.com/synth/syndata.aspx?ID=129674
Variscite
Hazard to Self

Mood: diffusing

[*] posted on 25-6-2013 at 19:32

Detritus? Seems like a k3wl/cook.

Find me on Youtube at - Variscites-lab!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Varisciteslab
no videos yet, be some soon.
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 25-6-2013 at 22:19

I am not saying to synthesize and use it like a conventional drug! It can be used in an emergency for a boost in overall performance (ex: if you are driving in the night and need to stay wake). I would wish any drug lord failure for abusing this substance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 25-6-2013 at 22:29

If you are interested in the "super power" like qualities of modafinil then see this video (for the part about modafinil skip to 2:20): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_oBXhtUsTM
gravityzero
Hazard to Self

Mood: forgetful

[*] posted on 26-6-2013 at 05:42

That appears to be an interesting and refreshing compound. Wikipedia says that it is anything but a classic stimulant and works on the brain chemistry from a totally different perspective to acheive the results.

Comes from a family known as Eugeroics:
Adrafinil
Armodafinil
Modafinil

Thanks for sharing.
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 26-6-2013 at 09:48

I am perscibed armodafinil . I only notice a slight stimulant effect for 6hrs, nervous jitters, and some insomnia that night. No super boosted cognitive abilities though. As far as stimulants go, I find it to be so so. A coworker of mine is perscribed adderal, .and he prefers it over nuvigal, of course, for both stimulation and "hightened brain power."

[Edited on 26-6-2013 by Bot0nist]

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-6-2013 at 10:08

I will learn more about those others gravityzero mentioned. By the way, if anyone is interested in the syntheses of medical supplies, you should download the encyclopedia of pharmaceutical substances. I uploaded the file to a file sharing website located here: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/i4cebSb7S9/ . Make sure you click slow download. The encyclopedia of pharmaceutical substances is 2388 pages of fun, teaching how to synthesise over 3,000 different drugs (Allantoin is a good one located on page 63;)). I would say that this book is better than the golden book of chemistry experiments. If you could try modafinil, I think it would be an interesting experiment to take some and then take an IQ test, then wait for it to wear off and then take another IQ test and compare the results to see if modafinil really does significantly increase brain power.
Random
International Hazard

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 26-6-2013 at 11:32

Quote: Originally posted by Solomon  
If you could try modafinil, I think it would be an interesting experiment to take some and then take an IQ test, then wait for it to wear off and then take another IQ test and compare the results to see if modafinil really does significantly increase brain power.

Maybe only alertness or speed of learning/decisions.
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-6-2013 at 11:40

A test was conducted and the abstract of the results are available here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16140369
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 26-6-2013 at 21:36

At least now I know why it never worked for me LOL

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-6-2013 at 22:52

Oh I think I get it... you mean you have a high IQ:)? Not insulting you... just thinking about what you mean:).
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-6-2013 at 23:04

I got an IQ score (on WISC for age 15) of:
Verbal reasoning: 128
Perceptual reasoning: 121
Memory: 116
Processing speed: 85
By the way if anyone else has taken an IQ test could you please post your results. I believe that it is statistically unusual in an average population to find people with a high score in both verbal and perceptual reasoning. I hypothesize however that people on the sciencemadness are among the very few who do have a high score in bot verbal and perceptual reasoning categories. I was concerned over posting this as IQ has always been a... sensitive topic. I hope others would post their IQ result categoies on here (if you have taken an IQ test). I took one because the cops found chemicals at my house and nosy freedom destroying robotic people that they are did their governments bidding. They just had me mentally tested. Dirt bags took all my chemicals away :mad:. Anyway although we are getting off the subject, just post your IQ results and I will make a data chart and post the results on here if I get enough scores;).

[Edited on 27-6-2013 by Solomon]

Mildronate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Ruido sintetico

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 03:30

This smart drugs is easier to buy.
Number 9
Harmless

Mood: ingin tahu semua

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 04:22

I made trace amounts of modafinil. It don't work the same as amphetamine or methylphenidate. It's a pharmaceutical compound that is used to treat narcolepsy. You simply don't feel tired anymore but it isn't suited as recreational drug. Also the dose is high and nasty side effects might be possible, like the Stevens-Johnson syndrome.

During the synthesis it is pretty hard to deal with that sulfur atom, you can't do it unless you get rid off a vacuumdestillation. Not recommended to make it, to be honest.
Intergalactic_Captain
Hazard to Others

Mood: frabjous

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 05:35

Mean of 115? If this study is true, I'm not sure how interested I am in modafinil - Would be interesting just to see if it would do anything for me...

Never had a standard IQ test, so as such when I was 15 or 16 I took the MENSA test - And was accepted, or passed, or however that all works - You don't get a score, it's based on whether or not you are at or above the 98th percentile average at the time the test is administered - So going by that, ten years or so ago I was at or at least 135...

...Long story short, I never joined - They want something like $65 a year, all I want is the genius card - Pretty sure my intelligence is proven by the fact that I still refuse to pay for it :) . . .

If you see me running, try to keep up.
Number 9
Harmless

Mood: ingin tahu semua

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 08:13

API's that make you smarter don't exist. There is medication for Alzheimer disease to slow down the breakdown of certain proteins in your brain. But like It's already discussed, it's just a commercial joke to use it as a healthy person.

Modafinil don't make you smarter. Unless you can prove it with a serious, independent peer-reviewed article. Don't believe that YouTube video's, it's mostly faked.
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 11:16

Number 9 how much modafinil did you synthesize? And to anyone viewing this thread... you should really download the Encyclopedia of pharmaceutical substances. http://www.fileswap.com/dl/i4cebSb7S9/ ;).

blogfast25
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 13:17

I was concerned over posting this as IQ has always been a... sensitive topic.[Edited on 27-6-2013 by Solomon]

You mean it's a culturally biased test, used mainly to clobber the 'less intelligent' over the head with?

We can't even define it [intelligence], let alone measure it. Like most old myths it doesn't just want to die quietly though... I suppose it gives a certain type of lab coat donned pseudoscientists something to do, errm... like almost look 'intelligent'.

Manifest
Script Kiddie Asshole

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 15:02

Can you guys understand that formula?

How could I go about understanding it?
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 17:42

sonogashira do you mean that you were 33 points above the average IQ?
DeadHead
Harmless

Mood: Sublimating

[*] posted on 28-6-2013 at 06:59

In a psych class I took, we were administered 3 different shortened IQ tests. These tests were taken from different regions and times. They vary so wildly, it was proof of the point that IQ mean almost nothing, because there is no true way to standardize knowledge. Living in the north, the only person who have a non-embarassing score for the "Southern Region" test was our out of state student from Mississippi. I didn't even understand half of the questions because it incorporated some local slang definitions and such. On the other hand, that student bombed the "Nothern region" test, while the rest of us did fairly well.
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-6-2013 at 08:07

Allantoin is another drug that can be synthesized using the encyclopedia of pharmaceutical substances. Allantoin causes faster cell division, and it may be able to induce division in cells that do not naturally divide. Page 64 states that urea and glyoxylic acid react with hydrochloric acid to form allantoin.
sargent1015
Hazard to Others

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 28-6-2013 at 08:23

Allantoin causes faster cell division, and it may be able to induce division in cells that do not naturally divide.

Sounds carcinogenic, I'm gonna pass on this one :o

The Home Chemist Book web page and PDF. Help if you want to make Home Chemist history! http://www.bromicacid.com/bookprogress.htm
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-6-2013 at 08:34

A little bit carcinogenic towards your kidney but maybe not if it's handled correctly. Let's say you needed to regrow a tooth cavity. You could surround the tooth with a small "cup" of some safe clay-like material and add allantoin into it. You could then vacuum it out after the tooth cells absorbed a small quantity. After that, you could remove the "cup" around the tooth and blend egg shells with a smoothie to provide an ultra calcium and mineral containing diet necessary to regrow tooth cells. Any courageous attempts at this would be applauded.
AndersHoveland
Hazard to Other Members, due to repeated speculation and posting of untested highly dangerous procedures!

[*] posted on 29-6-2013 at 00:19

For modafinil synthesis instructions visit: http://www.drugfuture.com/synth/syndata.aspx?ID=129674

Interesting pathway.

What if one were to attach the acetyl group by using acetic acid in acetic anhydride? Under such conditions, acetic acid can be oxidized on the 2- position.

probably here is why the acetic acid can be oxidized under these conditions

CH2=C(OH)-OC(O)CH3

[Edited on 29-6-2013 by AndersHoveland]
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top