Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: NPED detonator
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 1-11-2015 at 09:26

You try anything, any aluminium, any tube. But is time something really try. Also, I don't know everything. Brass tube is expensive? Or copper tube is more thick and expensive also? And what your hands and classic primary. Hands is not expensive?
Dr. Liptakov
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 04:30

@Laboratory of Liptakov,
What does CHP stands for in your videos?
I hope not Copper hydrazine Perchlorate (way too unstable) ... maybe Cobalt Hydrazine Perchlorate?

You had troubles with pure NiHN detonator because you need a serious kick...
I usually use Silver acetylide nitrato complex for 1/4 to 1/3 of the mix: both NiHN and AgANC are compatible and clayish material.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 04:46

Copper hexamine perchlorate.
dangerous amateur
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 04:49

Quote:

You had troubles with pure NiHN detonator because you need a serious kick... I usually use Silver acetylide nitrato complex for 1/4 to 1/3 of the mix: both NiHN and AgANC are compatible and clayish material.

This is an NPED tread.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 12:02

Quote: Originally posted by dangerous amateur  

Quote:

You had troubles with pure NiHN detonator because you need a serious kick... I usually use Silver acetylide nitrato complex for 1/4 to 1/3 of the mix: both NiHN and AgANC are compatible and clayish material.

This is an NPED tread.

Yes, I forgot it, thank you for the reminder!

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 12:06

Quote: Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone  

@Laboratory of Liptakov,
What does CHP stands for in your videos?
I hope not Copper hydrazine Perchlorate (way too unstable) ... maybe Cobalt Hydrazine Perchlorate?

Found the info in exotic primaries tread :D

Laboratory of Liptakov wrote:
CHP.
It is the crystalline bridge, or clathrate Tetramine Copper II Perchlorate and hexamine.
Thus, TACP-HMTA.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 12:17
CHP

Sure. Below the video's link to the study of Indian University:
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/5816481_Preparation_...
CHP is indicative abbreviation. And it is also a topic for another thread. Example The new energy materials - search. Next. Well, I am know about mixture NiHN+Ag-xy. But this is even 2 primary together. AgCxy is total primary. It is not way for NPED. So much complicated produce, poisoned and etc. Why do a lot of work?
ETN-Al-NC3. 75-15-10. Ratio as black powder....:cool: No more primary, no more tears.
Liptakov
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 12:39

Just for those who wants to follow Laboratory of Liptakov process,
The pressure is applied and measured by a very smart OTC way.

Just in case here is the conversion factor in pressure per cm²:
Multiply all values for the 6 mm internal diameter by 3,53677651

Where does it come from?
pi*R²= 1 cm² = S
--> R= sqrt (1/pi) = 0,56418958 cm
and D = 2*R = 1,12837916 cm

But LL uses 6 mm diameter detonator (R=0,3 cm) in its system of pressing so the surface of pressing is much smaller:
0.3*0.3*pi = 0,28274333 cm²

And 1/0,28274333 = 3,53677651 is the conversion factor for pressure per cm²!

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 13:10

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
Sure. Below the video's link to the study of Indian University:
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/5816481_Preparation_...
CHP is indicative abbreviation. And it is also a topic for another thread. Example The new energy materials - search. Next. Well, I am know about mixture NiHN+Ag-xy. But this is even 2 primary together. AgCxy is total primary. It is not way for NPED. So much complicated produce, poisoned and etc. Why do a lot of work?
ETN-Al-NC3. 75-15-10. Ratio as black powder....:cool: No more primary, no more tears.
Liptakov

Thank you!

You had a good/smart idea to test copper perchlorate with HMTA: Cu(ClO4)2.C6H12N4 has better OB than
Zn(ClO4)2. 2 C6H12N4
Mn(ClO4)2. 2 C6H12N4
Ni(ClO4)2. 2 C6H12N4

Very nice article!

Investigation of other perchlorates complexes could be interesting:
Co(ClO4)2. 2 C6H12N4
Ni(ClO4)3. 2 C6H12N4 ... Ni(III) better OB than the Ni(II) one

But also tetraperchloratoaluminium [Al(ClO4)4](−) and hexaperchloratoaluminium [Al(ClO4)6]3(−) in admixture with HMTA diperchlorate or triperchlorate...

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-11-2015 at 07:34

Thank you.
Good design/reason- those compounds of cobalt, nickel III, and aluminum. This is a large number of undiscovered compounds. As you can see, not all of it is explored in the field of energetic materials. An example might be just the CHP. Since in the latter tests showed the following: When using the CHP in a detonator does not need this condition - large grain. This is a big advantage. Since recrystallisation (production CHP) formed crystals of 0.6 -1 mm. The crystals need only be dried.
Use of the binder to the formed agglomerates 2x2 mm is not needed. It is better for handling security. A shorter production process. Next, important notice: How write Philou, for hole - cavity 6mm is presented absolute pressing value in Kg. Not for Kg on cm2. It's important for attempt everybody. The same values is possible used for a lot energetic mixture. ETN / Al / NCxy, CHP, TACP and has mixtured. Cavity of 6mm (or 1/4 inch) is universal around the world. For detonators. Usualy......:cool:
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:20
hybride detonator

Here I introduce a new kind of mini detonator. Its construction is not pure NPED system, but the used materials are well known and understood. Transition DDT for clean NHN is difficult. Transition DDT for clean ETN is also difficult. However, their mixture (according to the scheme) has excellent properties of DDT. It works even 4 mm. Even better, it works mixture in the cavity 6mm, of course. I hope everything is clear from the picture.
Dr. Liptakov

ETN-NHN mini a classic.jpg - 1MB
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 12:36

I saw reference in the Indian article on metal/hexamine perchlorates to explosive sensitivities "between a primary and a secondary". And references to testing methods for heating to explosion- (deflagration? Detonation?!)

Is there anywhere published impact and friction sensitivities?

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 13:06
friction

Well. Information about metal hexamine perchlorates are incomplete. I have not better info. According last tests (Cu complex only) is friction - failed, no detonate, no deflagrate. But impact is similary as head from matches.
It is very no precise results, I know... :cool: Liptakov
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-1-2016 at 14:13
NPED Detonator

Hello All,

After much experimentation I have come up with a NPED detonator that is 100% reliable so far using ETN, the secret is micron sized magnesium powder.

I mix the following:
80% ETN
10% Potassium Perchlorate
3% Aluminum powder (400mesh)
7% Magnesium powder (1-3microns)

The truth is, I have never measured, but it has worked with this approximate mixture, even being different each time. When the magnesium powder is added, the ETN can be lit and will react like flash powder... not so with only aluminum.

There is a another small trick, it must be tightly wrapped in 2 sections of aluminum foil.

Put 70-100mg of this mixture in 1 square inch of aluminum foil, inset the fuse, and then wrap/with the fingers.

Then put 500mg-1000mg in 4 square inches of aluminum foil, insert the above into it, making sure the fuse does not contact this material (the idea is to have it hit the 100mg of ETN first. Wrap with electrical tape and there it is.

The magnesium really is the key. Also, I hate throwing this out there, but I am a blasting engineer by profession... but I still have some questions for the experts (Bert,Rosco, ect) who deal more with this stuff then tons of ANFO. This mixture still seems quite impact sensitive, I have done about 40 hammer tests on it... not really any worse than regular ETN... but I still don't like rolling it in my fingers to produce this detonator? thoughts?

I think the next step is to try it with PETN so it is less sensitive.

You know I am curious to hear everyones feed back and results!

nitro-genes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-1-2016 at 16:54

Interesting, regular potassium perc+aluminium or magnesium flash powders are somewhat sensitive to friction (although relatively low) and static electricity, so these would be factors to determine as well to estimate the relative danger in respect to primary explosives.

Wonder how well a nitrocellulose or PTFE matrix would do to both bind the mixture and help DDT, instead of the perchlorate. Although PTFE would probably be to dangerous regarding toxicity of decomposition products.

[Edited on 21-1-2016 by nitro-genes]
TheAlchemistPirate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Enigmatic

[*] posted on 20-1-2016 at 19:02

I have recently had success detonating ETN via heat shock and reaction with aluminum. Trying to make my ETN detonate in aluminum foil tests was incredibly frustrating for a while, until an incident at 11 pm one night with a pop can and the kitchen sink... My ears were ringing for a few hours after that. Long story short, aluminum foil doesn't seem sufficient for tests, and thicker aluminum sheeting is much more reliable.

-Back on topic-
My method involved forming a tube with the aluminum wall of a pop can, filling it with 3 parts KNO3 2 parts magnesium powder, and placing it inside another tube with 4 grams of ETN around it. I figured the high temperatures generated by the magnesium/KNO3 (1500+ oC!) would be enough to melt the explosive charge and cause it to react with the aluminum, causing detonation. It was a success! Now I must miniaturize this system to the size of a conventional blasting cap, which I have already put together and plan to test tomorrow. I'm still unsure of how much power this cap will generate, other than being able to detonate other ETN.

"Is this even science anymore?!"
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 21-1-2016 at 02:29

Small quantities of Al or Mg powder mixed with confined, loose ETN, MHN or PETN detonate on ignition.

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-1-2016 at 04:30
Dr. Liptakov

Hmm.. Hissing, you read patent on end? You was try this type a construction ? Results? How much attempts? On end author writing: For test was used system NONEL. Thus, shock wave with speed 2000m/s. (6500 ft.) If you everybody have the NONEL cable tube, OK. Good information. But I say, that PETN with 5% Al will be not working from hot wire od some deflagration mixture. I am lot attempts was do it. Allways failed with PETN.
Dr. Liptakov
Edit: Mine Man is on good way. Perchlorate, AP, PP, Al, Mg. But produce NPED on PETN based is more difficult. My recommended is added 20% NHN to PETN. But is not pure NPED, of course.
Doc.

[Edited on 25-1-2016 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

[Edited on 25-1-2016 by Laboratory of Liptakov]
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 29-7-2016 at 10:56

Dr. Liptakov,

Do you have any updated sensitivity information/tests for both TACP and CHP? After watching several of your videos, and the way you prepare these mixtures they seem at least less sensitive than ETN..? Would you compare them to PETN, RDX, or am I completely missing something?

NHN looks really promising, but as you said it's preparation is toxic...
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-7-2016 at 01:58
sensitivity ETN RDX PETN

Perhaps accurately I do not understand all questions. Precise testing I am not tried. On friction and impact. Mainly properties for safety filling, is behavior of material, during pressing and especially, when you remove out remove the pressing rod. This operation is critical. Because small amount materal is get between rod and wall of cavity. At this operation is mainly this thing. Filling (press) EM, must be in a big grain. Usually 2 x 2 mm. If you use only big grain without fine powder, nothing material is get between rod and wall. The rod is possible remove out very easy and safety, of course. For example: Pure Lead azide and pure NiHN do it a big problem. Big amount is always between (after pressing) rod and wall of cavity. Very fine EM is a like a liquid. However for example grain 2x2 mm from NiHN + 7% nitrocelulose ( or 2% dextrine) is possible pressed on high press. And remove the rod is easy. Without scrunch. Same conditions and behavior pays for others filled materials. For example ETN 75 + Al 15 + NC3 10. Conditions is always use only bigger grain.
After this explanation, is not necessary putting a question, how material is sensitive. At this recommended operation, is less sensitive all. Maybe 10x less. Who spend a 1000 hours with manipulation with ETN, CHP, PETN, know what say.
....LL....:cool:
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-7-2016 at 11:10

OK for the safety concern, but the other big question is what is practically better...
1°) big grains pressed -implies-> big bubbles --> few big voids.
2°) tiny grains pressed -implies-> tiny bubbles --> many tiny voids.
3°) mixed grain -implies-> optimal packing...in theory from beton and cement technology they use different diameter particles to acheive best packing, density and resistance towards breaking/cohesion. --> fewer tiny bubbles --> few tiny voids.

Maybe big and tiny bubbles helps into the D2D process just like microballoons to generate hot spots when the detonation waves passes through compressing the air gap adiabatically...for certain explosives it may sensitize them towards shock (for example MN, EGDN, NG... maybe ETN because of the same familly...).

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

specialactivitieSK
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 8-11-2016 at 07:31

Which organic perchlorate would be usable in the system DDT BERTA instead TACN ?

[Edited on 8-11-2016 by specialactivitieSK]
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 8-11-2016 at 09:36

Organic perchlorates and "DarwinAwards" are synonymous?

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-11-2016 at 12:09

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  
Organic perchlorates and "DarwinAwards" are synonymous?

Not from organic amines but wel from esterification of primary and secondary alcohols ;):P:)

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

specialactivitieSK
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 8-11-2016 at 12:12

organic perchlorates

1.PNG - 52kB 2.PNG - 44kB
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top