Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Broken files on the FTP #2
axehandle
Free Radical

Mood: horny

[*] posted on 29-8-2004 at 16:21
Broken files on the FTP #2

It would be a good idea for broken files, be they failed uploads or otherwise broken files, to be reported here. It gives me a focal point to watch and delete files as necessary.

My PGP key, Fingerprint 5D96 E09E 365D 1867 2DF5 C2FE 4269 9C19 E079 CD35

\"Verbing nouns weirds the language!\"
sarcosuchus
Harmless

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 20-9-2004 at 22:50

I just uploaded 50+ files to the ftp,useing a new ftp program and im not sure if its working right. so if you run across any bad files just let me know and i will resend them.there is some thing for everybody.to tired to type any more.. 180+ megs in 2 sessions is anof for one day:P good reading

famous last words\"hold my beer and watch this\"
Reverend Necroticus Rex
Hazard to Others

Mood: Poisonous

[*] posted on 21-9-2004 at 20:25

Just downoloaded "the war gases" and a PDF: toxic phosphorus and fluorine compounds from chemoleo's uploads, the war gases PDF is broken, message: could not repair file whilst the first page
of the phosphorus fluorines is functional but the rest of the PDF is broken and will not load.

The sun is shining on a brand new day
Blackened corpses burn where they were slain
Self-flagellation prompts him to confess, Bless me father, for I made this mess.
axehandle
Free Radical

Mood: horny

[*] posted on 21-9-2004 at 20:34

Both those files are fine, at least with the reader I used (Adobe Reader 6.0.2)

My PGP key, Fingerprint 5D96 E09E 365D 1867 2DF5 C2FE 4269 9C19 E079 CD35

\"Verbing nouns weirds the language!\"
Mephisto
Chemicus Diabolicus

Mood: swinging

[*] posted on 24-9-2004 at 06:58

I can't open the file "Organic Synthesis Archive.pdf" in the upload-folder. I've downloaded it twice, but Adobe Acrobat 6 says, the file is damaged and could not be repaired. Since it is a pretty new file (23.09), I don't know, if it's really damaged or just need to be completed by resuming the upload?

Visit the German synthesis collection LambdaSyn and our new LambdaForum!
sarcosuchus
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-9-2004 at 11:05
org synth file

ok its my fault. after much work i find out that my server is less than crap:mad: i cant send more than 55+- megs at once ive tryed 3 differnt pc's thinking that it was something to do with my pc.....if axehandle will kindly trash the files,ham radio software,org synth archive i would be in his debt...im very very sorry for any problems i might have caused..im realy starting to think that i just need to copy my collection and snail mail it to someone so they can upload it using a better server..ps the file you tryed to load should be 135megs/9000+ pages again im very sorry...:(:(:(

Mephisto
Chemicus Diabolicus

[*] posted on 24-9-2004 at 12:58

No problem. If you want, I can upload the files for you. For this you can send them to my gmail-account (I think it should store 1 GB; check your PM for the adress). But do you think the files won't get corrupted by sending them via email? Normally they also shouldn't get corrupted via ftp.

Edit:
Sorry I didn't read your post very careful. I thought about email and not real mail:)

[Edited on 24-9-2004 by Mephisto]

Mephisto
Chemicus Diabolicus

[*] posted on 25-9-2004 at 07:43

Sarcosuchus: The file "Organic Synthesis Archive.pdf" is as you said 135 MB large. You uploaded only 68 MB. Even if your server cuts the connection, you can resume the upload on the point, where it stopped. Most ftp-client can do this (SmartFTP, FlashFXP; By uploading the file again, the program asks you, if you want to resume the upload.) So you should be able to complete the other files.

I've found a complete version of "Organic Synthesis Archive.pdf" and uploaded it myself, although this file isn't very interesting, as the information there are just copied from orgsyn.org. [color=darkgreen]/upload/Mephisto/Organic Synthesis Archive.pdf[/color] is the right file and [color=darkred]/upload/Organic Synthesis Archive.pdf[/color] could be deleted.

sarcosuchus
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-9-2004 at 14:10
happy day

meckdesk is being uploaded one folder at a time#3..done#2done..#1on the way later this week,ive found a ftp program thats working fine ...for now. with this little problem out of the way, you should start seeing lots of new stuff in the ftp vary soon..and i might regret this but in terms of ebooks is there any thing/subject you guys might be looking for??? i cant promise much but i can try...

Ium
Harmless

Mood: Cleaved

[*] posted on 1-5-2005 at 21:19
Corrupt journal aricles

While in search of JACS and JOPEP journal articles i found the following to be corrupt. All were in the upload directory on axehandle's FTP.

If anybody has info as where these files and the other journal articles originated from, could they please post. Also info on where others might be found would be appreciated.

Attachment: Corrupt Articles.txt (9kB)
This file has been downloaded 1024 times

sarcosuchus
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-6-2005 at 17:55

well its been a long while,but for what its worth ive tryed to upload some more to the ftp not to sure how it went....so if axehandle you could check the upload file for any broken(sigh!)files when you get around to it . the date for this download was 6/27/05 sorry for any problems

Ium
Harmless

Mood: Cleaved

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 04:16

Thankyou for your efforts sarcosuchus.

At least the winzip archive of edonkey links is corrupt which you recently uploaded to axehandle's FTP. I also tried "Van Der Woude--Catalysis Of Diels-Alder Reactions In Water.pdf", and it was seemingly fine.

Go To Top