Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: Climate Science for the Amateur
Varmint
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-7-2015 at 08:29

The cool part is, we don't need to refute bad science, they did that in their own words as they sought how best to mislead their fellow worshippers.

I know you'll all eventually get it, let's just say you're slow.

And that's OK to be slow, you just need to hang in there, I have faith in you.
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-7-2015 at 08:42

John Stuart Mill was godfather to Bertrand Russell. He argued that we could never be sure if a silenced opinion did not hold some portion of the truth. He argued that even false opinions have worth, that in refuting false opinions , ideas that are true are verified. Without having to defend one’s ideas, Mill argued, these would become devalued and we would forget why we held them at all. Every novel scientific idea is born in thought uninhabited by imagined popular conceptions that must be overcome and left behind.

" Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge "
— Charles Darwin

If an alleged scientific conclusion is settled , one must ask how is it that it is forbidden to attempt to show it false in order to verify it , which is the very basis of all we know in science. As for myself I remain confident in my doubts.

Varmint
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-7-2015 at 09:11

Here's the liberal progressive mindset in full bloom.

http://www.progressivestoday.com/shoot-republicans-says-form...

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 17-7-2015 at 14:19

I'm still confused.

Was Hutton wrong, being misled by the drumlins, or are we not in the middle bit of a series of ace-ages ?

If so, it follows that the World climate has increased and decreased in temperature rather a few times already, and that we are on the upslope of an Increase, which will be followed by a Decrease (again).

If not, then mammoths are still to be had !

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good mammoth safari company ?

annaandherdad
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-7-2015 at 21:31

This is more fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klgp_qDiRhQ

Any other SF Bay chemists?
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-7-2015 at 06:08

Quote: Originally posted by franklyn  
As for myself I remain confident in my doubts.[/font]

Forum Retard: STOP PRETENDING you're a sceptic. You're not: by your own admission you're a simpleton DENIER.

How could you be a sceptic when you clearly don't KNOW ANYTHING about science and probably couldn't solve x + 5 = 0, even if your life depended on it?

To be sceptical of something requires a good basic knowledge of that same thing.

You're a banal libertarian and Left-baiter, masquerading as a 'sceptic'. You are in a word a FRAUD. Hardly a surprise given the enthusiasm you embraced another CRIMINAL fraudster with, then told others they should 'keep an open mind' about his water-based perpetuum mobile.

You should really, really think about your fake claims of scepticism when the next time you start flailing your Down Syndrome arms about on some proto-fascist discussion forum, claiming ACC scientists are ‘morons’, ‘frauds’ and ‘hoaxers’, you dishonest piece of cow dung.

I just received a U2U from someone (who will remain unnamed) who believes you might be 'phdchemist'. Well, we all know you're not but what does it tell you that some believe you are, eh arsehole?

[Edited on 18-7-2015 by blogfast25]

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-7-2015 at 06:19

Quote: Originally posted by Varmint  
Here's the liberal progressive mindset in full bloom.

http://www.progressivestoday.com/shoot-republicans-says-form...

The idea that this sick nutcase represents anything but himself shows the sort of discourse that seems to shape your pea-sized brain.

It's as idiotic as believing Dylann Roof represents GOPers or Cons.

It's a sickness of the public US 'political discourse' that some on BOTH sides deploy that kind of gutter sniping pseudo-arguments.

Keep showing your true colours, Varmint: those of a third rate bloggie Left -baiter, detached from any semblance of reality. Not to mention those of a 12 year old...

Try and get out of your paranoid bubble and read this (Richard Hofstadter):

http://harpers.org/archive/1964/11/the-paranoid-style-in-ame...

[Edited on 18-7-2015 by blogfast25]

Varmint
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-7-2015 at 08:01

Boggie:

I read the emails, there is no need to even discuss the global warming subject ever again. It's settled. People set out to mislead millions (billions?) of people, and had great success. The only troublesome part at this point is there are so many that are still willing to believe, even after the disclosure.

I guess the type of people who continue to believe are the hardcore self-loathers, the type of people who discount an exceptional United Kingdom and United States as mere myths.

I wish you all the best in your life of discord, where on one hand you loathe yourself for being a part of man's destructive influence on the planet, while perplexingly loving your arrogant worship of self as the final voice for not only this forum, but I'm quite sure those in your entire realm of influence suffer it as well.

People don't like arguing with you not because you are right, but because you will fight tooth and nail to justify your stated position, yet when proven wrong, have a hard time admitting it. Without your blinding arrogance, the "thumper" thread would have been one page at best, but did you get down on bended knee and apologize straight-away? Of course not. Your blinding arrogance wouldn't allow it.

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-7-2015 at 08:39

Vermin:

I'm not wrong on ACC. People who invoke 'self loathingness' haven't got an argument but a ridiculous, non-empirical fantasy. Undoubtedly you're the kind of 'patriot' who claims to love his country but happens to hate about 50 % of people who live in it.

The notion that ACC science is a conspiracy is nuttier than trooferism and birtherism combined. And yet that notion lies at the heart of your denialism: 'ACC scientists are attacking my country! Help! COMMIE alert!' Conspiratorial, paranoid thinking is pervasive among the US far right, see also The John Birch Society who'd be your allies in this 'it's a HOAX!' attitude.

Re. thumpers, that's your self-serving interpretation but not that of those of who defended thumpers. My scepticism was justified (it always is, if done properly). The experiment conducted with aga proved the matter for once and for all. That's good science. More to come too on that front. I believe. Manichean twits like you won't get that, of course. Apologies aren't needed if one acts in good faith. Much was learned by all sides on that thread.

Your exceptionalist stance on the US and UK, combined with your rancid homophobia make me wonder what other abhorrent views you're not putting on display here. But your own assertion that Fox isn't right wing enough for you allows me to guesstimate...

You should really read that Hofstadter article and hold it up as a mirror.

[Edited on 19-7-2015 by blogfast25]

franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-7-2015 at 17:17

Meteorological measurements over the last ~ 130 years indicate mean global temperature has risen just under 1 ºC. Oh my we're all doomed we're going to be toast. :D Irreverently mocking alleged anthropomorphic causation , the premise promoted for this ' cataclysm ' is that people smoking cigarettes increases the CO2 content of the atmosphere which retains a greater portion of incident solar radiance warming everything up. The alarmist claim further proposes that an imaginary line will be crossed popularly named a ' tipping point ' beyond which any action to remedy this impending catastrophe will be ineffectual , urgently calling for inaction now to stop smoking cigarettes.

All of the tabulated data , studies, and modeling whether for or against the assertion that this trend can only increase , is in the overall scheme of things completely irrelevant to the issue. Climate science as it calls itself is about as significant as Paleontology is to human affairs. The problem as it is understood and accepted by all sides of the dialog is accumulation of latent heat from the sun. Expressed more accurately it is a matter of albedo , the amount of sunlight absorbed relative to the amount reflected. The means for very rapidly altering the earths albedo to counteract any assumed excess warming by dispersing aerosols into the upper atmosphere , has existed for well over 50 years and counting. The beauty of this turnkey technology is that it is entirely reversible as well as available on demand as circumstances warrant.

The prospect of global cooling however is not so readily addressed. There is no technology yet proposed which can deviate a trend toward colder climate. That is a problem that should be scientifically considered much the same way as the possibility of a meteor impact is considered , rare but devastating in scope. If you think global warming is bad you should try global freezing.

If it hasn't been grasped yet by the casual visitor , blogfast25 is an example of psychopathic personality disorder. You can look it up and see how many traits you can identify in this person replete with them. blogfast25 and other similarly afflicted persons demand it is imperative they Must be in control , for only they can save the world.

In this regard one should observe lessons from history. Here quoted from Political Ponerology ( the study of societal evil )
" Many thoughtful persons keep asking the same anxious question: how could the German nation have chosen for a Fuehrer a clownish psychopath who let no one doubt his pathological vision of superman rule ? Under his leadership , Germany then unleashed a second criminal and politically absurd war. In the last half of this war , very capable highly-trained army officers honorably performed inhuman orders , senseless from the political and military point of view , issued by a man whose psychological state corresponded to the routine criteria for being forcibly committed to a psychiatric hospital."

In light of the prosaic mundane nature and understanding of a supposed change in climate , it must be plainly obvious to even the most detached , that the far reaching messianic plans contrived to alter the structure of modern society are the ravings of disturbed people acting in concert for their own dark and twisted urges.

[Edited on 19-7-2015 by franklyn]

Techniques to Disrupt, Deviate and Seize Control of an Internet Forum In case you wonder W T F ! is going on here ?
www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-10-28/cointelpro-techniques-dilution-misdirection-and-control-internet-forum https://web.archive.org/web/20120814124000/www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/the-15-rules-of-internet-disinformation.html
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-7-2015 at 17:38

Quote:
Many thoughtful persons keep asking the same anxious question: how could the German nation have chosen for a Fuehrer a clownish psychopath who let no one doubt his pathological vision of superman rule ? Under his leadership , Germany then unleashed a second criminal and politically absurd war. In the last half of this war , very capable highly-trained army officers honorably performed inhuman orders , senseless from the political and military point of view , issued by a man whose psychological state corresponded to the routine criteria for being forcibly committed to a psychiatric hospital

Whoever wrote this hasn't got the foggiest idea about Nazism and how it finally came to power. You quoting this doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It's ahistorical tosh, balderdash and piffle. Try 'The Nazi Behemoth' for a decent and acclaimed analysis (book review and summary):

http://www.wbenjamin.org/Behemoth.html

Your first sentence shows also how little you understand of ACC. Nor have you written that yourself, it's cut and paste: too many long words for a near-illiterate like you.

Franklyn, your main problem is that you DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW ANYTHING. This you have in common with so many of your gutter 'libertarian' brethren.

It's perfectly possible to criticise ACC and I agree with some of these criticisms. But you don't do that: you claim it's a HOAX, then masquerade as a 'sceptic'. To believe that is as crazy as believing in trooferism and birtherism, two conspiracies I'm sure you buy into as well.

Still, you do make me laugh, so that's something, I guess! :D:D:D:D

[Edited on 19-7-2015 by blogfast25]

mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous (Euclid class)

[*] posted on 18-7-2015 at 18:27

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
I'm still confused.

Was Hutton wrong, being misled by the drumlins, or are we not in the middle bit of a series of ace-ages ?

If so, it follows that the World climate has increased and decreased in temperature rather a few times already, and that we are on the upslope of an Increase, which will be followed by a Decrease (again).

Ice-age dynamics are certainly an interesting topic; they are a regular, cyclic process which is driven by orbital forcing, in which small variations in the Earth's orbit, over long time scales, cause significant changes in solar radiation received. The last ice age ended about 10kyears ago, and the last geologic age, the Holocene, has been a warm, stable interglacial period. You are correct that all things begin equal, the planet would begin to cool sometime in the next several millenia, though it's been suggested that even that could be pushed back, given the long atmospheric lifetime of a CO2 pulse.

You're correct that the earth's climate has changed throughout geologic time, but remember that these changes are causal; some thing or group of things *happened* in order for them to occur. Our understanding of the underlying physical systems are a large part of how we can attribute certain current events to human actions, rather than typical natural cycles.

The size and speed of the current climatic event are also relevant, in distinguishing them from glacial/interglacial cycles. 4.5 deg C is the difference in global temperature between an ice age and an interglacial. franklyn can scoff about 1 deg C over 130 years, but that's more than 20% of that difference, occurring on top of warm interglacial temperatures, and over a century, rather than millenia.

Here's a figure from [1], showing radiative forcing (basically, how hard the Earth is being thermally pushed) over the last 20kyears, as well as rates of change of greenhouse gas concentrations (a major causal agent in radiative forcing)

joos.png - 60kB

[1] Joos, F., & Spahni, R. (2007). Rates of change in natural and anthropogenic radiative forcing over the past 20 , 000 years. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 105(5), 0–5.

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-7-2015 at 17:53

Quote: Originally posted by mayko  
from glacial/interglacial cycles. 4.5 deg C is the difference in global temperature between an ice age and an interglacial. franklyn can scoff about 1 deg C over 130 years, but that's more than 20% of that difference, occurring on top of warm interglacial temperatures, and over a century, rather than millenia.

Yes entirely true and devoid of demonstrated connection to human causation.

From here
http://joannenova.com.au/global-warming-2/ice-core-graph

In the 1990′s the classic Vostok ice core graph showed temperature and carbon in lock step moving at the same time. It made sense to worry that carbon dioxide did influence temperature. But by 2003 new data came in and it was clear that carbon lagged behind temperature. The link was back to front. Temperatures appear to control carbon, and while it’s possible that carbon also influences temperature these ice cores don’t show much evidence of that. After temperatures rise, on average it takes 800 years before carbon starts to move. The extraordinary thing is that the lag is well accepted by climatologists, yet virtually unknown outside these circles. The fact that temperature leads is not controversial. It’s relevance is debated.

800 year lag corresponds exactly with what is known
http://www.britannica.com/science/medieval-warm-period
http://www.britannica.com/science/medieval-warm-period/image...

The bottom line is that rising temperatures cause carbon levels to rise. Carbon may still influence temperatures, but these ice cores are neutral on that. If both factors caused each other to rise significantly, positive feedback would become exponential. We’d see a runaway greenhouse effect. It hasn’t happened. Some other factor is more important than carbon dioxide, or carbon’s role is minor.

Anyway this is all academic. As I already said , climatology is as significant in human affairs as Paleontology. If the events so vigorously promoted entirely without a verifiable premise , should come to pass the technical fix is readily made. Only then perhaps would adjustment be warranted in the world's economy. But don't count on it , none of us will be alive to see this anyway.

Techniques to Disrupt, Deviate and Seize Control of an Internet Forum In case you wonder W T F ! is going on here ?
www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-10-28/cointelpro-techniques-dilution-misdirection-and-control-internet-forum https://web.archive.org/web/20120814124000/www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/the-15-rules-of-internet-disinformation.html
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-7-2015 at 18:28

Since as your claim ACC is a HOAX the onus is on you to PROVE this. Randomly quoting sceptics blogs doesn't do that.

Like troofers you need to prove there's a conspiracy going on, involving thousands of scientists, to deliberately mislead the public.

Undoubtedly in your diseased mind, these scientists are guilty of 'cultural Marxism' (or something like that), to try and destroy the 'Greatest Nation on Earth'. PROVE it, instead of quoting sources you don't understand, Mr 'fuck Conservation of Energy'!

Quote:
JoNova

A science presenter, writer, speaker & former TV host; author of The Skeptic's Handbook (over 200,000 copies distributed & available in 15 languages).

Not quite an ACC scientist then? Didn't think so, like her there are 13 in a dozen! I'm sure I could sell her a HHO scam too. Peas in a pod, you and her.

Her actual profile:

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Joanne_Nova

Pfff... that's all you've got????

A history of ACC denialism:

http://www.newstatesman.com/global-issues/2010/05/climate-sc...

US conservatives' obsessions: God, Gunz, Homos, Evilution and ACC (AGW). Thank the Lawd quantum stuff gets a free pass! :):D:cool:

[Edited on 22-7-2015 by blogfast25]

franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-7-2015 at 19:21

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  

Fond of Einstein quotes ( a man who would frankly laugh his socks off with regards to ' franklyn types ' )
here’s one that seems to have been uttered with ‘ franklyn's person ' in mind:

“ Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

Arguing for the supremacy of stupidity , he first cites me as singularly representative , in the minority , which syllogistically marks him a striking paragon of the majority.

I guess that is what is meant by ' 97 per cent ' of them.

Varmint
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 03:10

Franklyn:

You are wasting your time. Notice how bloggie has a problem with anyone who doesn't embrace homosexuality, unfettered invasion by "immigrants", and doesn't continue to believe in the hoax of global warming after the release of the now infamous emails? It's because he has bent over, resigned any semblance of right and wrong, and chosen to discount history as flawed, all because that's what the progressive told him he needed to do to become (not remain) a good human being.

If you don't embrace gays, you are a HOMOPHOBE. If you don't embrace the influx of people who want to ruin your country since they've already done such a good job ruining their own, you are a statist or their favorite, a RACIST!!! And lastly, if you take the liar's emails at face value (how best do we mislead the global warming devotees when the data doesn't support the conclusion we'd like), you are a DENIER!!!

A damned dirty rotten HOMOPHOBE, RACIST, DENIER!!! Apparently there are many people for whom the name-calling is simply too much for their fragile psyche to bear, and so they go along to get along in order that they not worry about hushed whispers behind their backs.

His protestation that the US has finally joined the world on these issues isn't really a cause for concern on those issues, really he's just glad that the US is well along the way to becoming just as fucked up as his once enviable nation. He's even been instructed to believe the "west" is a failure. Nevermind we've lead the world in every single area, technology, science, healthcare, industry, and quality of life, but since every one of those flies in the face of the crowd that considers justice is only achieved when everyone is suffering equally, he just can't bring himself to continue to embrace the now frowned upon concepts of UK and USA exceptionalism.

They are a "myth" in his world, because if he doesn't parrot the progressive line, they stand ready to call him HOMOPHOBE, RACIST, and DENIER!!!, again, he just can't handle it. This of course is directly supported by his own propensity to call people names, He's been hurt so badly by it, he expects it will have the same impact on others as it has had on him.

As far as the posts you make, I will concur, you are doing yourself no good linking to quackery. You simply do not need to, the global warming "science establishment" was caught actively colluding on how best to mislead the global warming flock. We don't NEED sources. We don't need scientists that can read the liars emails for us and parrot the obvious to give our side the means to argue "our 500 scientists think your 500 scientists smell like poopy diapers!!", all need for that was negated when their "scientists" were caught red-handed.

Simply: Don't bother. If the liars emails weren't enough, then there is literally NOTHING IN THE WORLD you can do to change their minds. Even if their America ruining sweetheart -0-bama were to announce "of course global warming is man-made, not the heat of course, not changing weather patterns, but the religion of global warming is absolutely man-made, we can all thank Al gore for that bit of wisdom, and thank him we must because it has become one of our most cherished weapons against the evils of capitalism, patriotism, and the blight known as exceptionalism." Yep, powerful tool for the weak of mind, and that's what they want, weak minds.

mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous (Euclid class)

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 03:41

Quote:
... people smoking cigarettes increases the CO2 content of the atmosphere which retains a greater portion of incident solar radiance warming everything up. The alarmist claim further proposes that an imaginary line will be crossed popularly named a ' tipping point ' beyond which any action to remedy this impending catastrophe will be ineffectual , urgently calling for inaction now to stop smoking cigarettes.

I know you're being 'irreverent', but this remark reveals deep (though popular) misunderstandings about the relevant processes.

Surface carbon is stored in several broad reservoirs, typically divided into the ocean, the landmass, and the atmosphere. When a tobacco plant grows, it shifts carbon from the atmosphere to the land. When it is smoked, the carbon is pushed back into the atmosphere. This is a small loop in the carbon cycle.

So, if you cut down and burn a ton of tobacco, all things being equal, a ton of tobacco plants will grow in their place - no net increase in the amount of carbon being cycled. By contrast, if you dig up and burn a ton of coal, no burial process steps up to compensate. A ton of carbon is added to the cycle, where it did not previously exist.

(In the real world, all things are NOT equal, of course. Suppose we paved over the tobacco field with asphalt - now tha ton of carbon can't cycle out of the atmosphere! This is called land-use change, and it has a small, but important impact on global trends, and can be a regional climatic driver. )

Quote:
The problem as it is understood and accepted by all sides of the dialog is accumulation of latent heat from the sun. Expressed more accurately it is a matter of albedo , the amount of sunlight absorbed relative to the amount reflected.

Albedo refers to the reflectivity of the earth's surface, which does impact how much of the sun's energy remains on the surface as heat. But this is NOT an 'accurate expression' of 'the problem as it is understood and accepted'. The greenhouse effect does not operate on visible light; it acts on the rate at which infrared light leaves.

Quote:
The means for very rapidly altering the earths albedo to counteract any assumed excess warming by dispersing aerosols into the upper atmosphere , has existed for well over 50 years and counting. The beauty of this turnkey technology is that it is entirely reversible as well as available on demand as circumstances warrant.

It isn't actually that simple; solar radiation management has definite downsides, such as global dimming (and a consequent reduction in photosynthesis as availiable sunlight decreases) and large, serious uncertainties (which can only be explored ahead of time via the much-maligned global circulation model). Most importantly, it is NOT 'entirely reversible', since it doesn't address the change in greenhouse effect. That means that, should the aerosol spraying ever stop, the forestalled warming will snap into place, not over the course of a century, but over years.
And what assurance can you give that such a scheme *could* be implemented on an international scale, when even modest emissions cuts haven't been.

You have been informed of these complications and criticisms, more than once. You have repeated these claims multiple times without addressing any of the issues raised, and it rather undercuts your credibility. It's almost as embarassing as this nugget. Please shitpost elsewhere; I'm trying tho have a decent thread here.

Further reading:
Robock, A. (2008). 20 Reasons Why Geoengineering May Be a Bad Idea. Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, 64(2), 14–18. doi:10.2968/064002006

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 04:28

"Undoubtedly you're the kind of 'patriot' who claims to love his country but happens to hate about 50 % of people who live in it."

Twisted thought heard so often from libs it becomes nauseating. If that 50 percent is working to destroy America then hatred is all they deserve. America is about far more than merely being born here. Those who work to destroy the work and dreams of generations have no place in the land.

The endless personal attacks and insults is equally nauseating. So does the hypocrisy of those whining about coal while they spend endless hours online burning electricity. If the cause is true then go home. Shut off all power, park your cars. Never drive again and do not even burn candles at night. Stop using any form of power, stop all activity adding carbon to the cycle. Gore is a prime example of this hypocrisy, flying endlessly adding more to the destruction of life each year than most will in a lifetime. Gaining hundreds of millions from his fly by ministry of GW while building lavish living places for his personal use. Many others like him do the same, all burning more coal through electricity demands than most small towns. Spewing out more jet exhaust each year than most will in a lifetime. Instead of adding to the problem spending endless time using resources hysterically battling so called 'deniers' who in reality merely see through the hypocrisy why don't you live by example instead of adding to the problems. Go invent a new clean source of power with all the time, energy, and resources you waste in endless battles on the plains of futility.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
Varmint
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 04:56

IrC:
Particularly rewarding was having several "global warming" conventions either snowed out, or attendance in jeopardy from extreme low temperatures.

Of course just like they ignore the disclosed emails, the "faithful" have no problem changing the name of their "cause" to reflect any and all conditions.

About the only one they haven't tried to adopt (give them time) is ACAWC (Anthropagenic Completely Average Weather Conditions).

Too hot? Global warming.

Too cold? Climate change.

Too average? Weather stagnation.

All of course caused by man, and the kicker is, the faithful lap it up because it just feels so damn good to loathe yourself for having been born.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 05:54

Quote:
Particularly rewarding was having several "global warming" conventions either snowed out, or attendance in jeopardy from extreme low temperatures.

So Vermin, what exactly do you find particularly rewarding about being so dirt-stupid as to be unable to understand the difference between "weather" and "climate"?

IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 06:04

I am sure man has some effect on climate but reacting with hysterical immediate gloom and doom is counterproductive and wrong. Devoting all the time and effort into a war of mindset instead of working on new energy sources is insanity. Those claiming they have more right to exist than those they think inferior for any reason is even more insane. Demanding the immediate destruction of the quality of life for billions to satisfy their cause is right up there with the last two points. Life as we know it cannot function without energy and nothing is going to change this. Therefore the sane approach is to put all effort into inventing clean sources of the energy required without sacrificing the immediate quality of life for the masses. This is not where their efforts are being directed and if one was to do the bookwork, follow the money, if they had all the carbon taxes they dream of robbing from the people I have no doubt less than a penny of every dollar of it will go to the cause of fixing the problems. More than 99 cents of it will go to enriching the elites who claim they have more rights than others. They will spend it on their Gore mansions, on jetting around to meetings, on lavish parties while laughing all the way to the banks they control while at the same time dictating to humanity every aspect of the lives they are 'allowed' to live. What the left blinds themselves to is the fact conservatives see the hypocrisy and this is the true source of the war on beliefs.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 06:13

Have a nice day wanker. Now go kiss your boyfriend in public, progressivism has made it not only your right, but something to be celebrated. Enjoy that too, use some tongue.

No one's asking you to embrace gays. But outbursts like that? What are they, huh?

All of course caused by man, and the kicker is, the faithful lap it up because it just feels so damn good to loathe yourself for having been born.

How anyone can believe such an utterly stupid notion is truly beyond me.

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 06:19

Quote: Originally posted by IrC  
I am sure man has some effect on climate but reacting with hysterical immediate gloom and doom is counterproductive and wrong.

That is not how that science evolved, not even remotely.

Your whole approach as a Cons is to maintain the existing order, in which the elites will indeed further enrich themselves at the expense of the working class, yet you come and accuse AGW science of doing that! It's bizarre beyond words... :o:(

Varmint
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 06:28

pissingnoise:

If the climate is changing, tending towards warmer temperature as is insisted by you self-loathers, then the conferences wouldn't have been impacted by anything but balmy weather. You do of course recognize the connection between climate and weather, do you not? Or is that connection only established or acceptable when it supports your religious attachment to self-loathing?

I know, you guys are grasping at straws, what else can you do when the priests of your religion were caught lying to the flock?

Don't take it personally dear chap, there is a certain subset of mankind that is pre-programmed to believe man is to blame for all the universe's ills. Not only are we threatening the habitat of crickets as we seek to build our disgusting symbols of our wanton arrogance (building in California), but we even littered the moon with our throw-away mentality by leaving stuff behind from the Apollo missions. Not to be outdone, the EU smashed a space probe into an asteroid in the penultimate example of littering space "because we can".

hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 22-7-2015 at 06:35

Blogfast, I suppose the grudging admission that man's activities have "some effect" on climate counts as progress!

Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top