Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Aliexpress Synthware Store - Too Good to Be True?
malford
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-10-2013 at 09:31
Aliexpress Synthware Store - Too Good to Be True?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/223140

Aliexpress is an offshoot of Alibaba, a place where Chinese manufacturers connect to retailers abroad. Aliexpress seems to be aimed towards the Chinese selling directly to consumers abroad using very cheap shipping. By cutting out the multiple middlemen who are typically involved, one can save a large amount.

In this store, I've found, for example, a brand-new 500mm 24/40 Graham condenser for $29. A lot of these prices are far cheaper than even Laboy.

Does anyone have some feedback on this store or brand? It seems too good to be true.
BobD1001
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-10-2013 at 10:53

What a great find! I have used Aliexpress many times, and have never been let down. Everything I have ever bought through Aliexpress has been unbelievably under-priced, yet still great quality. Shipping can be slow, but its well worth the price. I know where I'm buying any future glassware! Also, as you probably know, synthware is excellent quality.
MichiganMadScientist
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-10-2013 at 15:24

A lot of Synthware glass on this website. My professor was big on using this stuff in his graduate research lab, since its fairly affordable. I'm still a big believer in the US made brands like Pyrex, Kimax, Wilmad, and even Roccoware.

But, I still own a few Synthware items that don't require heating (like a separatory funnel, etc.). Nice find. Thanks for sharing.... :)
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-10-2013 at 23:02

Some of these images aren't too focused, I've got a few catalog PDFs( incomplete apparently..) and a number of these glass pieces aren't listed. That being said, those jacketed coiled condensers are a fair bit cheaper that the reseller Chemglass ones.If thier quality is good enough it would help a lot.Good to see they have more options than Laboy on thermometers. If any of you have bought 10/18 thermometers from Laboy you'll know two things: the first being they are synthware and two Laboy does not sell the -20 to320 degree jointed thermometers on their site.Weather or not the metallic filling is actually mercury ( I much prefer real mercury) is up for debate. given the above; it looks like here will have to do. Shame none of these three neck RBFs are vertical either but hey not bad at all. US made stuff is amazing, no lie , but these guys are good, at least for our general needs.

[Edited on 5-10-2013 by Funkerman23]

" the Modern Chemist is inundated with literature"-Unknown
PeeWee2000
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-10-2013 at 18:15

Excellent find indeed they even have socketed mercury thermometers :o!

Almost all my glassware is synthware minus a few pyrex and chemglass ones, I've never noticed any quality issues with their glassware as long as I've had it either. Definitely ordering from here next time I need something!

“Everything is relative in this world, where change alone endures.”

― Leon Trotsky
malford
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-10-2013 at 17:37

I placed my order a little while ago and have been wondering why the tracking number was not retrieving any information. The sales rep responded to my inquiry and said that my 500mm graham condenser was over the 60cm limit for the cheap Chinese shipping service so he spent $40 to use FedEx. My whole order was $60 for the condenser, a long stem vacuum adapter and shipping. They won a few points for that. I'll post again when I receive it.
malford
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-11-2013 at 15:22

Received order today. 500mm graham condenser and long stem vacuum adapter. All looks legit and is in perfect condition. Help me keep these guys in business.
BobD1001
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-11-2013 at 17:45

Malford, how was the shipping time for your condenser?
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-11-2013 at 23:49

My mistake: the sell plenty of vertical necked RBFs and a lot more. This is good general use glass. Don't be afraid to buy.
Quote: Originally posted by Funkerman23  
Some of these images aren't too focused, I've got a few catalog PDFs( incomplete apparently..) and a number of these glass pieces aren't listed. That being said, those jacketed coiled condensers are a fair bit cheaper that the reseller Chemglass ones.If thier quality is good enough it would help a lot.Good to see they have more options than Laboy on thermometers. If any of you have bought 10/18 thermometers from Laboy you'll know two things: the first being they are synthware and two Laboy does not sell the -20 to320 degree jointed thermometers on their site.Weather or not the metallic filling is actually mercury ( I much prefer real mercury) is up for debate. given the above; it looks like here will have to do. Shame none of these three neck RBFs are vertical either but hey not bad at all. US made stuff is amazing, no lie , but these guys are good, at least for our general needs.

confused
Hazard to Others

Mood: tired

[*] posted on 23-11-2013 at 04:35

i bought some glassware from the aliexpress sythware store recently.

300mm vigruex condenser
3 way distillation adapter
vacuum takeoff adapter

all joints are 24/40

shipping took about a week after the order was processed
all items arrived safely, adequate padding was used during shipping.

scimad.jpg - 191kB
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 01:53

be forewarned: unless they update in a few hours I think they're sold out/ no longer stock 10/18 jointed thermometers. Not happy about this as the OP Aliexpress store was the only source that sold the 300 C ( I think) jointed thermometers that I know of but I thought you folks might want to know. On the plus side I found a few cannulas on their page.

confused
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 03:07

It really takes quite some time for them to update on orders, and didn't get any customer support from them
vmelkon
National Hazard

Mood: autoerotic asphyxiation

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 15:25

Quote: Originally posted by confused  
i bought some glassware from the aliexpress sythware store recently.

300mm vigruex condenser
3 way distillation adapter
vacuum takeoff adapter

all joints are 24/40

shipping took about a week after the order was processed
all items arrived safely, adequate padding was used during shipping.

I don't care much about the shipping time.
How much is the shipping?
Because I bought a couple of things on eBay and shipping cost has become ridiculous (USA to Canada). The shipping cost is always higher than the item. I bought 1000 mL separatory funnel Kimax and a 500 mL RBF Pyrex separately.
Shipping was 30$ and 19$.
confused
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-1-2014 at 01:21

vmelkon , you can add to cart the items that you want and when u visit the shoppig cart, you can select the country and shipping options, and they will calculate the shipping based on your information
vmelkon
National Hazard

Mood: autoerotic asphyxiation

[*] posted on 10-1-2014 at 06:10

Quote: Originally posted by confused  
vmelkon , you can add to cart the items that you want and when u visit the shoppig cart, you can select the country and shipping options, and they will calculate the shipping based on your information

Wow, it is cheap. A 40 mm liebeg for 15$ and 18$ shipping. The USA equivalent shipping is 30$ for shipping.
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 20-4-2015 at 12:55

I have several items from Synthware and am very happy with them. The only kicker is the shipping, which for me, is typically around $90 compared to a mid $400 subtotal. The shipping could be worse, I guess.

The glassware is very good quality. Their items on the Aliexpress site seem to come and go sometimes, which I attribute to possibly the listing expiring, or something, but they always come right back up.

I am actually waiting on shipment of an order currently. Here are the items from my current order.

1 x Distillation receiver, Dean stark, capacity:10ml, Joints:19/22, Stopcock:2mm PTFE, Approx Height* Width:205*75mm
1 x Distillation Apparatus, Microscale, Thermometer Joint:10/18, Joints:19/22 (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Distillation-Apparatus-Micros...)
1 x synthware, Adapter Connecting, Joints:19/22, Length between Joints:90mm
1 x Funnel, Pressure Equalizing, Teflon Metering, Stopcock, Capacity:250ml, Joints:19/22, Stopcock bore:2mm
1 x synthware,Chromatography Column, Column O.D.:26mm, Column I.D.:20.0, Effective Length inch:203mm, Joint:24/40, Stopcock Bore:2mm
1 x synthware,Adapter, Drying tube, straight, Joints:14/20
1 x Distilling receiver, Joints:19/22 (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Distilling-receiver-Joints-19...)
2 x synthware,Bubbler, Mineral Oil, Body O.D.:26mm, Overall Height*Width:185*80mm
1 x Filter Funnel. Buchner, Inner Joint, Capacity:350ml, Joint:24/40, Frit O.D:80mm, Porosity:G3
2 x SYNTHWARE, Adapter, Vacuum or Agron, Joint: 19/22, Hose O.D.:8mm
1 x Flask Erlenmeyer, Joint:24/40, Capacity:1000ml
1 x synthware,Adapter, Vacuum Filtrarion, Lower Joint:19/22, Fits funnel Capacity:2 to 30ml
1 x synthware,Condenser, Liebig, Jacket Length:300mm, Joints:19/22, O.D.hose connection:8mm
5 x Metal clamp for standard taper joint, joint:19/22
1 x Synthware,Condenser, Internal coil, Jacketed, Jacket Length:250mm, Joints:19/22, Hose connection:10mm
1 x synthware, Adapter, Distilling,105, Joint:19/22, Height*Width:90*60
1 x Pressure Vessel, Heavy wall, Capacity:350ml, O.D.*Overall.:80*115mm, GL thread Size:15

All of this is definitely cheaper if you were to purchase from any of the Synthware resellers, or even their US-facing company, Kemtech.

[Edited on 20-4-2015 by Loptr]

[Edited on 21-4-2015 by Loptr]
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 21-4-2015 at 10:26

That does look like some really nice stuff actually. Once I have some money to burn I think I'll order the pieces for a little 14/20 distillation kit, something I've been wanting for a while. Perhaps a chromatography column too.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Hellafunt
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 11:04

most of my glass is kemtech synthware from ebay , and i am very happy with the quality. no bubbles, everything perfect. good stuff
Molecular Manipulations
Hazard to Others

Mood: High on forbidden fruit

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 11:45

Just saw this post. I've bought almost my entire lab from this source. There're the best I've found.

-The manipulator
We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know. -W. H. Auden
DFliyerz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 12:28

You guys, making me drool all over my keyboard...
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 21-5-2015 at 13:00

be forewarned: unless they update in a few hours I think they're sold out/ no longer stock 10/18 jointed thermometers. Not happy about this as the OP Aliexpress store was the only source that sold the 300 C ( I think) jointed thermometers that I know of but I thought you folks might want to know. On the plus side I found a few cannulas on their page.

10/18 joint, 25,50,75 mm immersion thermometers ground glass joint
http://www.fengtecex-laborglas.de/english/distillation/

FengTecEx Co. Ltd. is the sales representative of Synthware Glass Co. Ltd. in Europe. :D

Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-5-2015 at 18:55

I'm gonna see if they ship to the US.. the shipping might be hideous though..

Molecular Manipulations
Hazard to Others

Mood: High on forbidden fruit

[*] posted on 22-5-2015 at 10:54

Another warning about their thermometers. In the two distillation rigs I've bought from them, both had two thermometers, one mercury and the other alcohol. The mercury ones work well, but the others were off by over 10 degrees.

-The manipulator
We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know. -W. H. Auden
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-5-2015 at 12:56

Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-5-2015 at 12:58

I'm gonna see if they ship to the US.. the shipping might be hideous though..

They only ship to Germany. I tried to place an order but Germany is the only available country in their listed countries.:(

Quote:

Another warning about their thermometers. In the two distillation rigs I've bought from them, both had two thermometers, one mercury and the other alcohol. The mercury ones work well, but the others were off by over 10 degrees.

Which company are you refering to? Synthware Glass Co. Ltd.?

Pages:  1  

Go To Top