Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nickle coated silicon cathodes hydrolosis
morganism
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-11-2013 at 12:02
Nickle coated silicon cathodes hydrolosis

And add a bit of lithium to the electrolyte to increase efficiency.

http://m.phys.org/news/2013-11-low-cost-long-lasting-splitte...

I wonder if the titanium dioxide particles in sunlight was tested for increasing the efficiency also.

Both gold and tio nano particles can drive hydrolysis in direct sunlight....
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 14-11-2013 at 23:04

Thanks for the info. I have a few other papers on the TiO2, Au and Au/Ag nano particles. I don't have a use for such things but good reading for sure. I'd also have to say I like the trend these days of doing more with cheaper/more available materials. just put in novel arrangements, ccombinations or particle size makes all the difference.

In regards to your statement about lithium, would not cesium be even better. As I recall it increases efficientcy in solar cells and decreases work load on the terminals. I don't know that an aqueous sol here would perform comparable to annealed oxide(carbonate?) layer on a solar cell. But I'm fairly certain I have seen Cs salts in patents for batteries. And Mixed Cs/Li versions.

I hate being away from my home computer for references, this iTouch can't even download papers if I find em. Bookmark, sure but not good enough. If I remember I will try and post a few links when I get back home.

Go To Top