Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: School Project
Solomon
Hazard to Self

Mood: FOR SCIENCE!

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 21:43
School Project

I have a school project I have done where I can pick a molecule and create a poster regarding it. I chose to report on cubic gauche nitrogen. I need my work to be verified to avoid and scientific errors so I am posting a PDF. You will be sited in the refrences if desired.

[Edited on 1-5-2014 by Solomon]

Attachment: Polymeric Nitrogen Poster.pdf (1.5MB)
This file has been downloaded 2296 times

[Edited on 1-5-2014 by Solomon]
Dany
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 22:10

you are saying that this is a school project. Do you expect that any one at school will understand the topic? (this is a critical question when writing a poster, i bet that many in your class still unable to perform basic chemical calculation...)

another thing: the poster look like a page from a news paper, full of word and details. do you expect that a person will stay an hour reading sciencemadness topics? (in a poster you should mention only the important findings from the studies and not copy-pasta line and paragraphs...trust me nobody will read this except me and few other...to many details!).

third: the citation is wrong. It is better to remove the websites from citation. For papers, remove word scientist for authors names. Example of citation:

Li J., Brill T., Kinetics of Solid Polymorphic Phase Transitions of CL-20, Propellants Explos. Pyrotech., 2007, 32(4), 326-330.

Dany.
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 22:14

Thank you Danny. I intentended this to be not only for school but provide lot's of useful information to scientists, I wanted to kill two birds with one stone. If someone wants a little information, they can read the summary or introduction.
Dany
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 22:26

put the killing of two bird aside right now, because you will kill yourself with this poster!

try to replace some paragraphs with photos. people tend to be familiar with drawings and photos. You are saying scientist...what scientist at school??? you are not a PhD student to tell scientist new informations about your work/studies...another thing, what do you mean by. Verification of accuracy: www.Sciencemadness.org??? accuracy of what?? i recommend to remove this sentence.

Dany.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 22:31

Poster ≠ Research Paper

You might be trying to kill two birds with one stone but most any instructor will dock you points for putting so much information on a poster as the medium itself necessitates only a high-level overview and not necessarily a detailed treatment. What size is the final printing going to be? There are many sites that will suggest font sizes based on your final poster size, stick to those. You might think you are doing the best but sometimes the expression holds true 'less is more'. You can always save your more detailed version for distribution on the internet.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-1-2014 at 00:10

Alright, is it a good research paper? I was wondering about inaccuracies (ex: you said that the electron affinity of nitrogen was 10 ev, but it was really ______) although these critiques have been helpful.

Go To Top