Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Help synthesizing icilin
nanobot-dnp
Harmless

Mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbvEmjHdeqQ

[*] posted on 5-1-2014 at 16:09
Help synthesizing icilin

I've looked for years... at least four... To see if something has popped up but it seems that this damn chemical is being tightly grasped by some unknown entity who is intending never to make it easily available. I once experienced wet dog shakes as a child when i went camping one day. This is what led me to this chemical. I want to experiment with it to determine if it has any other uses besides making you shake for around an hour with no way to feel warm. I literally was up against the heater for like 20 minutes on full blast it had no effect.

I've read a few ACS patent descriptions and there are a few that sound like they might contain a method of producing it along with many other chemicals that do the same thing from different classes of chemicals.

What I'm looking for or hoping for is for someone to get the right article and share it. I don't have chemistry knowledge so I dont know how to figure out how to do it on my own.

evil twists what is already there
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

Mood: Dogs are pets but cats are little furry humans with four feet and self determination! :(

[*] posted on 5-1-2014 at 16:31

Looking at the summary on this paper it looks pretty easy if you have access to the starting materials.
https://ncurdb.cur.org/ncur/archive/Display_NCUR.aspx?id=501...
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 5-1-2014 at 16:43

Quote: Originally posted by nanobot-dnp  
I don't have chemistry knowledge so I dont know how to figure out how to do it on my own.

Add "I have aquired a large volume of allyl amine", have you understood the MSDS on this?

I hate to be the bad guy picking on a fairly new member here but you are in need of intervention by someone in your family before you do yourself and/or others great harm. You never buy any chemical before investigating all aspects including safe storage, and you do not experiment in chemistry without knowledge. Not merely knowledge of what is expected in a reaction, also knowledge of the unexpected, runaways, side reactions, the list is long. Also you do not experiment with chemicals in attempts to alter your biological functions without great understanding of both the chemistry and the biology.

SCM lost a good very bright kid not that many years ago to runaway phosgene, and unlike you he at least understood the chemistry. You by your own admission do not understand. I do not wish to put down your interest in learning nor dissuade you from pursuing study along these lines. However from your posts, some of which lead one to question your sanity, I believe you are a walking disaster looking for a place to happen. If you are in school go talk to your science teacher, ask them to help you safely follow your interests. Many teachers love to help students like this since it makes them happy to find those not merely sitting in class waiting for the bell to ring.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

Mood: Dogs are pets but cats are little furry humans with four feet and self determination! :(

[*] posted on 5-1-2014 at 17:46

This is pretty serious stuff from a physiological angle.
Milligrams per kilo affect rats, I guess 100 mg would have a noticeable affect on an adult human?
eidolonicaurum
Hazard to Self

Mood: Hydric

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 01:06

Looking at the structure, it does not look toooo difficult from dihydropyrimidin-2-one. But how to get this?...

UnintentionalChaos
International Hazard

Mood: Nucleophilic

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 02:58

I have read considerably into this as the compound interests me (along with capsaicin...).

1) Nitrate acetophenone http://www.orgsyn.org/Content/pdfs/procedures/cv2p0434.pdf
2) Perform a Mannich reaction on the 3-nitroacetophenone using formaldehyde and dimethylamine/piperidine/morpholine
3) Mannich bases readily swap amines when treated with an aniline (2-aminophenol in this case)
4) Refluxing alkali cyanate salt closes the center ring to furnish icilin.

See US Patent 3,821,221 for details on steps 3 and 4. AFAIK this is the original patent covering icilin and is quite detailed.

[Edited on 1-9-14 by UnintentionalChaos]

Department of Redundancy Department - Now with paperwork!

'In organic synthesis, we call decomposition products "crap", however this is not a IUPAC approved nomenclature.' -Nicodem

Go To Top