Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Miele G7783 laboratory glasswasher
katcod
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-1-2014 at 09:34
Miele G7783 laboratory glasswasher

Hi

I work for a school in England and we have recently purchased a second hand Miele G7783 laboratory glass washer. We are having problems identifying all the pipes and inlets on the back of the machine which is obviously causing us problems with plumbing in the machine. I have attached a picture of the back of the machine with labels and was wondering if anyone can help identify the unidentified pipe and inlet.

Additionally we do not need to use the R.O/deionised water feed here at the school but would like to use the programmes witch incorporate this rinse (as they are more comprehensive cycles) so does anyone know if we can attach the R.O. feed to the cold water so the rinse happens but just with normal water.

If you are wondering why we have bought this type of washer with no need for the R.O. rinse it is because we need the injection spray insert to clean test tubes which you can't get in anything other than a professional laboratory glass washer.

Any help greatly appreciated, Miele will not help they just want to send an engineer at a very large cost.

Attachment: Glass washer pics with labels.docx (353kB)
This file has been downloaded 435 times

Attachment: Glass washer pics.docx (569kB)
This file has been downloaded 408 times
Muffn Man
Harmless

[*] posted on 13-1-2014 at 13:14

I don't have any experience with these devices but I had a look at a manual online.

The short corrugated pipe I am guessing is a siphon tube for neutraliser. The 2 page manual states: Neutralizer Liquid dispenser is standard. Neutralizer is dispensed directly from 5L container.

As for connecting cold water to the R.O. feed, you can get an adapter that converts from (3/4"?) laundry/garden hose size down to the size for the R.O. feed. I installed my R.O. filter with an adapter similar to the one pictured but I can't find the exact one. My friendly Home Depot (hardware store) plumbing department associate helped me to find the right one.

Manuals:
http://richmondscientific.com/manuals/was075manual.pdf
http://www.labequip.com/stock/pictures/31495.pdf

[file]28612[/file]

RO feed.PNG - 988kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-1-2014 at 14:48

You may want to put a pressure regulator on the regular water feed before going into the RO water inlet on the washer, as it may not be expecting high pressures there, most RO systems are low pressure. Sounds like a good idea, as washing test tubes is a real pain.

Go To Top