Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FIAT, BIOS & CIOS Archives
gsd
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-1-2014 at 05:24
FIAT, BIOS & CIOS Archives

As many of you must be aware, after the defeat of Germany in WWII, the western allies constituted several technical committees to go thru' the entire gamut of technological progress made by Nazi Germany. These committees were headed by several American and British scientists and technologists. They visited almost all German factories (or what was left of them), interviewed/interrogated every captured German scientist of any standing, sifted thru' whatever surviving documentation and operational and R & D records.

The study went on for about 2-3 years and it was crystallized in the form of reports.

These committees were named as:

FIAT - Field Intelligence Agency, Technical
BIOS - British Intelligence Objectives Sub-committee
CIOS - Combined Intelligence Objectives Sub-committee

They submitted their reports to their respective masters and they were numbered serially such as FIAT - 21, BIOS - 29 etc. Needless to say these reports are goldmines of the contemporary technical information. Many of them were pertaining to applied chemistry, chemical technology and engineering.

To the best of my knowledge, the entire collection is not yet digitized but several university libraries are having print copies of most of them.The reports pertaining to the petroleum and coal technologies are available on the site :
http://www.fischer-tropsch.org/
(BTW this is one of the best archival site for a specific chemistry related topic I have ever come across on the net.)

Can any one of you throw light on the availability of these reports in digital format?

gsd

[Edited on 20-1-2014 by gsd]
morganism
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-1-2014 at 17:49

Only thing i see to try is emailing the National archives and ask if they are posted

email to : Archives2reference@nara.gov

http://research.archives.gov/description/573950

Go To Top