Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Maple Sci Hotplate
weeksie98
Harmless

Mood: Pretty protic

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 10:40
Maple Sci Hotplate

Ok, we're getting there with the lab. I'll have some Pyrex glass coming in soon, but the only question that remains is the heating element. I have done a search relating to it, but the only person who mentioned this hotplate got no answer. This is the item: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MAGNETIC-HOTPLATE-STIRRER-HIGH...

Certainly looks good, but does anyone actually have experience with this model, before I go and spend £180 on it?

Thanks

'If organic chemistry were easy, it would be known as "biology".'
sciman
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-2-2014 at 03:45

Hi , I have 3 purchased them about a year ago , great units and a great price !
jamit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-2-2014 at 08:32

I suppose if you live in the UK, the item seems ok. However, I think Corning hotplate/stirrer is the best, hands down! I've tried all the different brands and nothing can compare to Corning in terms of construction design and reliability and ease of use than Corning. I prefer Corning PC-420 and PC620 or even the old model PC-351. good luck.
zig
Harmless

Mood: Back and forth

[*] posted on 12-2-2014 at 09:46

Gotta give this a rah rah. Thick or thin, in the 3 years since its purchase (USED), my little Corning PC-320 has yet to disappoint.

Cheap is good I get that. But be patient and camp eBay for used Corning models- I routinely come across stupid good dealz that way.

You could be living some seriously dark days should your hot plate / stirrer decide to shit itself at an inopportune time. Freaks me out just thinking about it. Go with the reputable brand!

"The chemists are a strange class of mortals, impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasures amid smoke and vapor, soot and flame, poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that I may die if I were to change places with the Persian king."

-Johann Joachim Becher
sciman
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-2-2014 at 03:37

If you want to pay big boy cartel prices good luck !!! times they are a changing !!! I have had my units from Maple for just under a year , and used them hard .... no problem !!! :cool:

Go To Top