Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Absolute Best Smoke Bomb?
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 4-11-2014 at 18:57

Quote: Originally posted by greenlight  
But isn't an organic coloured dye also required that when burnt by the oxidizer and fuel, creates the smoke by forming a fine mist of dye particles.

This is mostly correct (colored dyes are VAPORIZED, not "burnt"!) as far as colored signal smokes are concerned.

OP is apparently interested in a CONCEALING "smoke screen". Look to the military formulations such as the Zinc based HC smokes and Titanium chloride based white smokes mentioned by carysub (Carey Sublette?! PM me if you are...) and of course , white- Phosphorus smokes...

If someone cares to pull up and post links or basic information pertaining to THEORY of SCREENING smoke production (available in the works of Tenney Davis, J. H. McLain, Herbert Ellern, Alexander Hardt, A.A. Shidlovsky...)? I am just too busy right now, and my library is 80 miles away.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top