Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Brisance of Ammonium Perchlorate mixtures compared to ANNM/ANNMAL
nehorlavazapalka
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-4-2014 at 08:19
Brisance of Ammonium Perchlorate mixtures compared to ANNM/ANNMAL

I have searched the internet for comparisons of various ammonium perchlorate mixtures and ANNM. I would like to know, if you have personal experince with these mixtures and their brisance. I can find the detonation velocities for these mixtures (even though they vary wildly based on diameter, density..etc.).

What is the real life brisance difference between, let's say 90:10 AP:Al mixture (optimized for VOD of about 4 km/s) and OB ANNM? What are it's effects on stone and steel?
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 5-4-2014 at 09:15

Hi-

I just looked at your posting history here. You've NEVER asked a question related to chemistry- Never post a link to chemistry articles, patents or theoretical information, just a few YouTube videos of "applications".

Allways ask a question directly related to an application- Usually applications that can be easily connected to IED construction or use. Drums of Sodium chlorate/fuel laced with det cord? Fuel air explosives, how to achieve true detonation with a common liquid fuel? Can you achieve a thermobaric effect with a solid fuel laced 100kg sized ANFO explosion?

Now you want an ammonium perchlorate mixture that can cut steel/shatter concrete... Sure is hard to get ammonium nitrate some places lately, eh?

You have never contributed by answering anyone else's questions either? There ARE people here who bear the hallmarks of illicit weaponeers and/or clandestine pharmaceutical manufacturers- But will share their expertise and add something to the knowledge base. I'm OK with them, short of brazen actions that will get this site shut down. They sometimes give a unique point of view on improvised stuff along with "can do!" attitude.

I'm locking this thread until you can convince me you're an asset, not a liability. PM me if you want to discuss further. Reading This could help you do an adequate job of convincing (or conning!) me into re-opening.

[Edited on 5-4-2014 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
5-4-2014 at 09:16

Go To Top