Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Just had cops show up
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 10:47

"back-in-the-day", when I was actively cooking/using/selling desoxyephedrine, I had enough taken to total up to about a pound over the course of five years. The only drug charge I've EVER had is "Possession of Concentrated Cannabis", which I did two years in state prison for in the early 90's. I'm pretty damned sure that I was never charged with possession, sales, or manufacturing of meth because the cops didn't want to turn it in. They'd take my shit and tell me to "get the fuck off the streets for the night, this is your freebie". Right. Was THEIR freebie. Not that I'm complaining, as it was an "occupational hazard", and was better than going to jail. LOL. This was in rural eastern San Bernardino county California.

I think I got charged for the hash because they were no longer catching me with top shelf product!

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 18:29

Quote: Originally posted by Rogeryermaw  
the u.s.? one of the most corrupt governments on earth? sell it, i'm sure...after using such items to secure greater amounts of drugs and/or other contraband.
Murica??? Hey... :P

Rogeryermaw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-6-2014 at 11:24

the u.s. may be corrupt and full of shit but it's my corrupt, full of shit home!!
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 12-6-2014 at 11:34

s'ok roger---it's volatiles, too I'm pretty sure. I'm a USMC veteran and the whole thing is too be able to SAY whatever ya want.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-6-2014 at 19:09

I second y'all. And believe whatever you want too! Tyndale's England would not have been a nice place to live!

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 22-6-2014 at 13:59

Jesus.
"Intent is assumed if you have 3 chemicals"

That is downright nasty, and seriously dangerous.

So if you manage to get a 100ml beaker into the State Governor's house, they probably already have whiskey or vodka, table salt and NaOH.

That puts them in violation of the statute, and must be presumed a meth mixer.
The unregistered glassware would be the clincher.
No possiblity of arguing 'someone put it there ! as they are already presumed guilty, by Law !

This is way too easy.
Forget the beaker.
Demand an inspection of all state legislators to see if they got ethanol, salt and soda.
If so ...

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 22-6-2014 at 14:12

Funniest thing i ever heard was a Thai operation in the 70s or 80s.

HUGE pile of captured heroin in a field.
Obviously surrounded by heavily armed guards.
Some shouting, press photos etc.
Then they set fire to it, to show it being destroyed.
Big fire. Really big.

The guards Downwind of the fire got mashed off their tits, whilst still being armed to the teeth ...

Brain&Force
Hazard to Lanthanides

Mood: Incommensurately modulated

[*] posted on 22-6-2014 at 14:52

Quote: Originally posted by aga  

"Intent is assumed if you have 3 chemicals"

I have water, gasoline, and a piece of terbium.

Cops, take me away.

At the end of the day, simulating atoms doesn't beat working with the real things...
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 22-6-2014 at 14:56

meanwhile, back at arkoma's ranch..............wandering through town deep off in my cups, I can't even get a NOD from the mofo's

franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-8-2014 at 21:04
No Where To Go

" If you say anything to the police, that can be used against you.
Now, if you don't say anything before you are warned of your rights,
that too can be used against you."
http://news.yahoo.com/court-silence-used-against-suspects-18...

As I had cited here _
www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=24336&pag...
http://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-decided-silence-used-aga...
http://news.yahoo.com/court-says-pre-miranda-silence-used-14...
Since the U.S. Supreme Court has already previously upheld this doctrine ,
expect it to be used more widely as legalized entrapment

arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 16-8-2014 at 06:23

California and Texas--two lovely bastions of liberty. Shows that your states supposed Liberal or Conservative bent means nothing, really.

So far I have the highest opinions of Nevada and Arizona when it comes to personal liberty but they have drawbacks, too (don't get caught with weed in either one)

Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 16-8-2014 at 07:07

Also Arizona isn't the best place to go if you're not straight and white.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 16-8-2014 at 07:45

Arizona IS the only state that this is legal though (Europeans prepare to be horrified)

Quote:
In a vehicle, any adult person who is not a prohibited possessor may openly carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle whether in a holster, case, compartment, or in plain view. Persons under 21 may openly carry a loaded or unloaded firearm in a vehicle only if it is in plain view, i.e. discernible from the ordinary observation of a person located outside and within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle.

edit

Quote:
Arizona residents at least 21 years old can carry a concealed weapon without a permit as of July 29, 2010.[5] Arizona is only the third state in modern U.S. history (after Vermont and Alaska) to allow the carrying of concealed weapons without a permit, and it is the first state with a large urban population to do so.

[Edited on 8-16-2014 by arkoma]

hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 16-8-2014 at 08:45

Quote:
(Europeans prepare to be horrified)

It's more puzzlement than horror, for me anyway, though recent events in MO are certainly horrific . . .

But how did you go from the "Land of the Free" to one that jails a higher number of citizens than any other country in history and the "Home of the Brave" to one in which a sizable proportion of the population actually seem to need loaded guns within reach at all times?

Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 16-8-2014 at 09:39

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  
Quote:

It's more puzzlement than horror, for me anyway, though recent events in MO are certainly horrific . . .

But how did you go from the "Land of the Free" to one that jails a higher number of citizens than any other country in history and the "Home of the Brave" to one in which a sizable proportion of the population actually seem to need loaded guns within reach at all times?

I think about that all the time. Once at school while sitting in class, I innocently mentioned that there aren't any guns in my house, and suddenly everyone else who was sitting around me looked at me, obviously appalled, including many of whom I would have never guessed to be the type to own guns.

[Edited on 8-16-2014 by zts16]

arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 16-8-2014 at 10:05

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  
Quote:

But how did you go from the "Land of the Free" to one that jails a higher number of citizens than any other country in history

Indeed. It is VERY disturbing to me. My sister, a Jehovah's Witness no less, and an alleged pacifist/conscientious objector thinks Gitmo obviously must just be terrs that don't deserve a trial, believes in the death penalty, and thinks we ought to nuke ISIS. Not sure really how she feels about gun ownership.

As for me, Guantanamo Bay is scar (one of many) on the American soul and against our founding principles.

Quote:
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences

From The Declaration of Independence^^^

As for the fact that we imprison a larger portion of our population than the most ruthless authoritarian regimes.......where do I start? It really irks me when I see how many of the young bright kids on here are AFRAID of being automatically assumed to be making illegal grugs and keep moot about their scientific endeavors. The worst part is that their fear is actually justified.

Here is an example of another very common crime perpetrated against us by our own authorities (from PBS Frontline website)

Quote:
Rudy Ramirez never expected to become a statistic in the War on Drugs when he set off to buy a used car, $7300 in cash at the ready, in January 2000. Ramirez, who lives in Edinburg, Texas near the border with Mexico, had spotted a listing for the used Corvette in a magazine and wanted it badly enough that he talked his brother-in-law into accompanying him on a thousand mile road trip to Missouri to make the purchase. When Ramirez was pulled over by police in Kansas City, however, the tenor of the trip changed.

"They asked if I had any money with me, and I said yes," recalls Ramirez. "I didn't think they would take it away. I had nothing to hide." But the trajectory of the rental car, and the piles of cash, suggested otherwise to police--who suspected him of trafficking drugs from the Mexican border. As Ramirez tells it, he was detained at the side of the road for hours while his car was thoroughly searched and inspected by a drug dog. "They kept asking me, `Where are the drugs?'" he recalls. "I told them they had the wrong guy."

The Drug Enforcement Agency's file on the case indicates that Ramirez gave officers confused statements about both the money and his destination, and that his extremely brief stay in a Missouri motel looked suspicious. What's more, the drug dog "alerted" on parts of the car, indicating that drugs could have been there at one time--which, since it was a rental car, may or may not have anything to do with Rudy Ramirez.

Still, the search turned up no drugs of any kind, and the officers finally told Ramirez that he was free to go--but not before confiscating $6,000 of his money in the name of the federal war on drugs in a process known as "forfeiture." Despite check stubs that he says prove that the money came from a car accident settlement reached several months before, and bank records showing that it was withdrawn from his account just prior to the Missouri trip, Ramirez has, to this day, been unable to get his money returned. He shakes his head as he describes it. "All I want is my money back," he says.

forgottenpassword
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-8-2014 at 12:38

When was America the land of the free, exactly? Before communism was outlawed? Before prohibition? What time period are you thinking of?
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-8-2014 at 15:29

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  
Arizona IS the only state that this is legal though (Europeans prepare to be horrified)

Quote:
In a vehicle, any adult person who is not a prohibited possessor may openly carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle whether in a holster, case, compartment, or in plain view. Persons under 21 may openly carry a loaded or unloaded firearm in a vehicle only if it is in plain view, i.e. discernible from the ordinary observation of a person located outside and within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle.

[Edited on 8-16-2014 by arkoma]

That's great! :P "I call shotgun" has more meaning...

arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 16-8-2014 at 15:57

Arizona was the last of the lower 48 to attain statehood, in 1912. Gun rights are codified in the state constitution. It can be a little un-nerving to see people with pistols shopping for groceries.....

That said, Phoenix is the only US "big city" that does not terrify me. You can't DRAG me to Los Angeles.

Phoenix also still has a Chem-Lab Supply

kt5000
Hazard to Others

Mood: Final exams

[*] posted on 17-8-2014 at 10:43

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  

I am a 50 year old "Ex-Felon", been down that road. I went to prison in 1993 for CA H & S 11359(a) "Possession of Concentrated Cannabis"

Truly sad how 20 years later, with a doctor's blessing, you'd be in the clear. Give it another 2.5 yrs and I doubt it will require a medicinal reason either.
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-8-2014 at 11:08

I've said elsewhere don't confuse your rights with the law
www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=15031&pag...

While entirely lawful to do so , open carry is like waving a cape at a bull ( law enforcement officer )

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbers/map-where-is-open-carry-legal-1...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30TagPCNE4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNOk4_QH21g

I would like to see open carry flash mobs respond to the scene whenever someone is harassed in this way.

Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 24-8-2014 at 11:17

And at the same time, that brings up the point of "just because it is legal, it doesn't mean you should do it." Open-carrying for the sole purpose of gaining attention and causing a reaction is immature and inappropriate.

franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-8-2014 at 11:28
@ zts16

You are sooo wrong it's not worth responding to.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 24-8-2014 at 21:00

Franklyn, these kids are ALREADY police state conditioned. People in Arizona open carry because they CAN, not to "attract attention". I imagine they attract less attention from robbers and thieves.

Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 28-8-2014 at 14:10

Well, the problem with letting people walk around proudly displaying their guns is that although they may be perfectly aware in their own heads that they don't plan on shooting anybody, anyone else who sees them will have no idea whether they're just an innocent freedom lovin' 'murrican or someone who's about to start shooting people. I'd certainly feel very uncomfortable seeing someone in a restaurant with an assault rifle, and would probably leave.

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top