Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Selling my lab
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 13-9-2014 at 22:08

HMMM, still have NOT received my stuff. Was supposed to be here mid-august. My friend dropped (I think) 200euro in payment.................

Feeling a bit fucked over.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

HeYBrO
Hazard to Others

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 14-9-2014 at 02:28

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  
HMMM, still have NOT received my stuff. Was supposed to be here mid-august. My friend dropped (I think) 200euro in payment.................

Feeling a bit fucked over.

I think plante was hacked in manifest's k3wl @ack, so i think you may not hear back from plante on scimad. Perhaps email him?

plante1999
International Hazard

Mood: Mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 14-9-2014 at 05:53

Arkoma, I'm sorry for delayed processing time, and I assure you you WILL receive product, I have been slow on shipping due to many reasons in many orders, but eventually all the customers get their package.

Sorry for the delay, and be sure you will get your stuff.

There is some logistic in shipping 100 pounds of equipment, of which some are quite hard to pack for shipping, and the costs of such shipping.

I'm much sorry for the delay.

[Edited on 14-9-2014 by plante1999]
JefferyH
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-9-2014 at 06:33

plante1999,

Is there a reason you wanted to sell everything instead of just shipping it over in one big box at sea/boat? Seems like an enormous hassle to go through the effort of packaging individual packages, unless you really needed the money. Unless chemistry is Illegal in alberta, I would have only gotten rid of the question compounds before sending it there. Everything else seems like unneeded work?
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 14-9-2014 at 19:27

thing is, you were PAID in July.....

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Muffn Man
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-9-2014 at 05:26

When I bought his two micro kits and some other stuff, he took a long time to get the order together and sent to me. He even asked if he could delay a few weeks because of exams. Being a nice person, I said OK. But I thought that it was weird and slightly annoying.

But really, how long does it take to find a box big enough?? Pack several items, not a whole house, a couple of hours at most? Find an international carrier. Shall I Google that for you? Its not like he is in a third world country where he would have to manufacture all of his own bubble wrap from scrap plastic bags he found at the garbage dump!?!?!

This seller would get a lot of negative feedback if he was on eBay.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-9-2014 at 07:17

I will say that shipping things internationally is a giant challenge, and most people underestimate it. At least in the US, anything over 4 pounds becomes a major pain, as you have to fill out customs papers in quadruliplicate, have them stamped by the post office and then pay a fortune for postage. I shipped a large order to Australia a while back, and vastly underestimated the costs, time, and the amount of damage that can be inflicted on a well packed package in international shipping.

That is why I try to limit international packages to 4 pounds. The limit is set by the outgoing country, so it may be different in each place, but I would try to stay under it if possible. It may be that China allows bigger packages without customs to help their exports, as they seem to send nearly anything with little cost or paperwork. So I can feel plante's pain, but also I would try to hold off on taking payment until the package is ready to ship, which is what I try to do now. But that requires faith that the buyer will then pay after the box is packed. Not a fun situation either.
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 15-9-2014 at 13:51

Muffin Man, and arkoma, sure, there's some trouble, but give it some time. Chemistry is JUST a hobby. I'd probably give him negative feedback too, but he's not an unreliable person.

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 15-9-2014 at 15:03

True Voltatile.

BUT, when you Sell something, and get Paid, you Must ship the goods.

Failure to do so certainly prevents any future sales.

Edit:

Communication helps Enormously if there is any problem.
No Comms just makes things many times worse, as people invent Reasons for themselves.

[Edited on 15-9-2014 by aga]

plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-9-2014 at 15:32

Be sure I do my best, and arkomas will get his stuff soon.

Customer service is quite horrible, but I hope people like the product shipped.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 24-9-2014 at 10:23

Glassware came today. Was quite pleased at how fast shipping from Canada was; posted in Montreal on Saturday, arrived in Mesa, Arizona at 8:30AM today.

The 14/20 stuff is "cute". I'm seeing perhaps a small scale phenol synth per Unintentional chaos as a 50ml RBF is small enough to get the "byproducts" cleaned out of.

edit--where's the buchner funnel?

[Edited on 9-24-2014 by arkoma]

plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-9-2014 at 10:52

You will get the reagents soon. As for the Buchner, I may have put it with the other lot.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 24-9-2014 at 11:12

I want them ALL per the list, except the ammonium nitrate and benzyl chloride.

My buyer satisfaction level is at about a D-

plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-9-2014 at 11:15

Sadly I have to remove all the liquids, but everything will be there else then that (end the obviously not so legit material)
zenosx
Hazard to Others

Mood: Awaiting Results....

[*] posted on 24-9-2014 at 17:57

While this seller is not the one in mention, I have purchased from others here that took inordinate amounts of time to ship. Who knows why, but as of yet, I have not been ripped off on this forum by any member. Although, my last order from an un-named member resulted in no further contact from extended shipping times, I did receive my product. Just remember this isn't Amazon, give it time and if you don't receive items, report it to the top so that no one else looses money. I personally, while having experienced aggravation, haven't been ripped off yet in the few years I have lurked around here :)

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Albert Einstein
zenosx
Hazard to Others

Mood: Awaiting Results....

[*] posted on 24-9-2014 at 17:59

And again, Dr. Bob is #1 for prompt service, shipping and bonuses.. he is Highly recommended while his stock is probably almost depleted by now....

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Albert Einstein
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-9-2014 at 12:33

Right.
Unfortunately, it isn't his job selling that sort of stuff, wish it was :) We'd have a wonderful supplier then :)

arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 30-9-2014 at 14:30

umm, when might I expect the rest of the stuff that was paid for two and a half months ago?

plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 07:05

Within the month it will be at your home.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 17:06

*expletive*

My friend bought your SCRAPS as much to HELP you as me,and you spend the money w/o saving a measly 30US out of 200 euro, so therefore you can't ship. I would not be livid if you had emailed me and just said, "Look, yaddayadda, have your stuff, just scraping up for shipping." You MIGHT have even gotten money for shipping. But NOOO--soon soon soon you say.

Seller Rating F+

And I checked the list of what you had left,and I'm going to be checking for the small lots of EXPENSIVE stuff--no liquids AN, or BeCN-but I'll be checking for the rest

EDit again--AND you were paid FULL priceand money to ship (I just added it up). Remember crying about "50% off in large lot, wahh i need the money?"

[Edited on 10-4-2014 by arkoma]

[Edited on 10-4-2014 by arkoma]

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 13:49

Arkoma, you may have a right to be mad, but you aught to know better. You can say F+, and that would be sufficient to deter. You don't have to 'dis' the person. Unless your friend is asking you to complain, and I'm pretty sure I know who it is (And he aughtn't either, you both are MEN for crying out loud!), you shouldn't complain for lateness. You aught to know that chemistry is JUST a hobby for you, YOU yourself aren't even loosing money from the lateness. Also, you should contact him via U2U from now on, you've already rated him F+, so unless you want to change the rating, stick to PM-ing.

Don't get mad at me for this, either arkoma. This guys' just as likely to win the nobel in chem. as me, like you keep telling the young-folk. He may be a bad businessman, but that's not exactly his profession.

Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 15:37

All this aside, it should go without saying that if you are selling something/service that you are not prepared/able to send or provide, you should absolutely not take a persons money and then go for months giving nothing in return regardless of if chemistry is just your hobby. Especially if you don't tell the person "by the way, I will accept payment now but shipment will happen over the next 3 months"
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 23:33

I am irked by the fact that I've had to keep asking wheres my stuff. Don't give me the "hobby. young blah blah blah". You younguns get treated as men because you ACT like it. PM's TO me instead of silence would have precluded all this

Chemosynthesis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-10-2014 at 00:36

I think business is a valuable skill even in professional science. The basics of business help run labs, and I keep hearing hiring scientists push for some kind of business, accounting, or finance acumen. With the economy and funding the way it is, one often has to argue for a return on investment even in grants. Not to mention communication seems difficult with the moving, which is understandable, but not ideal in any relationship or transaction.

My perspective is that this situation should be a lesson, since plante is of age and is apt to be looking into property, loans, or other adult financial situations soon. Communication is also going to be important because you may be living with new people, taking years of coursework together, and possibly even marrying someone from school. Hopefully we hear a prompt resolution and all this can be left in the past. Since it appears Arkoma bought essentially all available, and Dr. Bob is running low, I would like to mention to anyone interested that the user J2xP is still selling items, and was very good to work with. http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=29405#...
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 6-10-2014 at 10:40

Business & Finance are basic precepts that everyone should be taught in primary school.

The Key Concept that most people never learn is that Time and Money are inextricably linked.

If you have $100 in your wallet Now, that doesn't exist as a solitary $100 all on it's own.
It has a hidden Background of the $20 of gas you got to buy tomorrow, and $50 of groceries on Friday, so really it is isn't $100, it's $30 (in the context of Now till next Friday).

Once the Money/Time relationship is Grasped, all the rest follows.

Spend all the cash today, and there will be none tomorrow.

Make a Great Deal today, and make a bundle, yet piss people off, then there will be no Great Deal tomorrow.

The thing is, all of those Bills are already all lined up and waiting for you from the day you're born to the day you die.

The more advanced of the Financial Illuminati realise that their own funeral is a Bill too, so arrange for it to be paid Before they die.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top