Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Selling my lab
zenosx
Hazard to Others

Mood: Awaiting Results....

[*] posted on 6-10-2014 at 17:49

I'm sorry, but I take arkoma's view on this matter. I also dealt with a seller on here that I was purchasing around $50+shipping U.S. of TLC plates from. They were also being shipping from Within the US, no international mess. I paid for them in April. Come August of that year (2013), I still had Nothing. No contact, and when I would U2U or Email him, I would get either Nothing or Excuses. As a buyer that gets old Very Fast.

In this age of overnight shipping to any place on the globe, taking money + shipping from a buyer and then saying (It will be there within the month) is unacceptable. I get international shipping, and that should be taken into account, but the seller should relay that to the buyer, NOT the other way around.

All in all, it had me starting Paypal grievances against my seller before he finally shipped me product (which miraculously arrived within THREE days of shipping...) I waited 6 Months patiently, but in the end, he tried to make me feel like I was the asshole for starting litigation against my purchase price. He even threw in some sob story about how he "didn't have a car and had to walk 1/4 a mile to the post office in snow to ship it out to me".. Well.. If you aren't Capable to Ship Product, Don't Offer It for Sale! It's a pretty simple concept to master...

Just know who is bad and who is good. You've let us know what to expect. Don't deal with them again. I will also note that I had previously had a transaction with this individual that went off without a hitch and shipping was in the order of hours, not months...U2U if you want who it is, but I won't slander their name here as he (finally) owned up my purchase.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Albert Einstein
zenosx
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-10-2014 at 17:56

I'm sorry but I also agree with the undersigned. If you are selling something, you should be prepared to deliver it in a timely matter. The fact that it is "just a hobby" doesn't in any way correlate to "you should expect this"... That almost comes close to saying "well you do drugs so you should expect to be ripped off from time to time"... Just my two cents....

Quote: Originally posted by The Volatile Chemist  
Arkoma, you may have a right to be mad, but you aught to know better. You can say F+, and that would be sufficient to deter. You don't have to 'dis' the person. Unless your friend is asking you to complain, and I'm pretty sure I know who it is (And he aughtn't either, you both are MEN for crying out loud!), you shouldn't complain for lateness. You aught to know that chemistry is JUST a hobby for you, YOU yourself aren't even loosing money from the lateness. Also, you should contact him via U2U from now on, you've already rated him F+, so unless you want to change the rating, stick to PM-ing.

Don't get mad at me for this, either arkoma. This guys' just as likely to win the nobel in chem. as me, like you keep telling the young-folk. He may be a bad businessman, but that's not exactly his profession.

Albert Einstein
TheChemiKid
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-10-2014 at 18:01

Quote: Originally posted by plante1999  
Tank you all

plante1999
International Hazard

Mood: Mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 6-10-2014 at 18:19

Hmm, I'm not a good planifier, nor a good seller, but this thread is going nowhere. I got the point, money planning.

Even if it does not make it right, I got a few main reasons:

- Paying for college was/is way more expensive then planned.
- I am actually have much less time then I used to have
- International shipping is a fucking pain in the ass, won't do it again after the trades left, unless it is for bare metal or anything non-reactive.

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 14:11

The Mistake is simply Lack of Communication.

Talk to people.

Simply Talking can buy lots and lots of Time,and they don't get all nasty on you.

Obviously there are Limits, but Talking really really Helps.

Edit:

Work it out, and Learn.
The Lessons will Help you later on in life, for sure.

[Edited on 7-10-2014 by aga]

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 14:21

Quote: Originally posted by zenosx  
In this age of overnight shipping to any place on the globe

You're a USA dweller maybe ?

No, stuff does not get to some parts of the Globe as fast as you might assume.

Weeks is Good for where i am in the 3rd World.

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 06:11

Where are you aga??? Didn't know you were third-world...

zenosx
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-10-2014 at 17:34

And no, I made comment of that in fact. When I order from China or Thailand for example, I do not expect anything for at a minimum of 1 to 2 months. And I do order from there, and if I get it in 6 weeks I am happy...

I think the biggest point to be made from this entire thread is...If you are going to sell on here... just stay in contact with your buyers.. Let them know what you are going through,, college tuition.. etc... however, if someone does purchase something from you + shipping,,, you can't use shipping cost as an excuse... they paid for it, you should have charged more...

All the same, the seller here is a well known and respected member of the community so this could have been handled better...

The end all of this entire thread is to just Communicate with your Buyers and the Sellers!

Using Dr. Bob as an example, he always lets me know whats' going on, what to expect, etc. I always shoot him a message that I got what he sent, he tells me that it's sent, etc.

Communication is Key,, that is all...

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
Quote: Originally posted by zenosx  
In this age of overnight shipping to any place on the globe

You're a USA dweller maybe ?

No, stuff does not get to some parts of the Globe as fast as you might assume.

Weeks is Good for where i am in the 3rd World.

Albert Einstein
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 21-10-2014 at 03:17

still nothing...................

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-10-2014 at 03:32

Ouch.
OK Plante!!!!! Now's a good time!!!
Sorry for supporting plante arkoma. You really need to pull through plante... We all have school to deal with (Well, not arkoma, but), You'd best send him his stuff. At worst, at least give the paperwork to someone so they can fill it out.

plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-10-2014 at 04:35

Arkoma, I said you will get the things within the month, and you will.
Chemosynthesis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-10-2014 at 09:41

Have you kept Arkoma apprised of when specifically you were intending to/did ship? Is payijg for shipping really the rate limiting step here? You keep mentioning international shipping, but is it just the additional costs you didn't anticipate and can't pay at the moment (a potentially unrelated issue)? That might be part of the communication. I know that planning things, much less working during school can be difficult (been there), but these are essentially universal problems people deal with in first world countries. You should try to keep six months cash in savings for unemployment or issues such as this. It doesn't make any less important or impactful for you, but you should try to keep in mind that others have had to solve the problems you are dealing with, and you can learn from their problems to avoid some of your own.

I don't intend to keep making light of the situation, but Arkoma could have invested the money for three months and made some pittance off it, but instead this is like an interest free loan for you to get paid in advance, and deliver along the way. That is the financial opportunity cost assessment.

edit: and since you mentioned money a few times, you might stock up on college classics like ramen and peanut butter and jelly. Lots of carbs for a low price

[Edited on 21-10-2014 by Chemosynthesis]
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-10-2014 at 06:49

I get your points chemo, but:
Quote:
keep six months cash

In college????? Yeah right, did you do that? That's pretty darn optimistic, to keep that much money in store, especially since he's starting out.
Regardless, hopefully he get's it. If not...

plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-10-2014 at 07:18

Hey, I'm shipping the last batch tonight at 8h00 (-5 GTM).
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 23-10-2014 at 10:31

I'd say "Thank You", but that is generally reserved for good service in the business world. And you'd still be trying to piece it off if I had known how long the wait was going to be. *sigh* But all BS aside, I am glad no longer have to be "mad" at you. It's work being upset.

Hope you do well in school, and I don't bear grudges kid.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

jock88
National Hazard

[*] posted on 23-10-2014 at 10:38

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  

Hope you do well in school, and I don't bear grudges kid.

Spoil sport
Chemosynthesis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-10-2014 at 22:30

Quote: Originally posted by The Volatile Chemist  
I get your points chemo, but:
Quote:
keep six months cash

In college????? Yeah right, did you do that? That's pretty darn optimistic, to keep that much money in store, especially since he's starting out.
Regardless, hopefully he get's it. If not...

I sure did. Saved since highschool, ate mostly ramen, stayed off the overpriced school meal plans, got a scholarship, etc. The biggest issue in college is keeping expenses down, since income will likely be limited with time spent in classes.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top