Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Hope I didn't waste my money
PainKilla
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 16:06

I don't think mercury or its salts are that bad.... i have no small amount of it and I love poking and prodding it every once in a while....of course I dont where gloves :o. Just be sure to keep the container closed securely, and preferably wrapped in an air tight baggie.

Also, it is important to remember that mercury is really a pain in the ass on anything solid.... If you drop a drop (:p) on a desk, it WILL fall off into w/e direction the desk is leaning towards. I managed to drop a few grams and cleanup was a bitch, but I made it like new. Be careful that it doesn't roll off and all that, but otherwise mercury is pretty!

It's salts I would be more wary of but in general, I don't feel too much risk with them. For me its gases that "scare" me. The tought of not being able to control them if they get loose is the big thing. For solids and liquids....just get good thick resistant gloves.
enima
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 10:33

Wear gloves. I have worked with HgCl2 many times in the past, never have I touched it, nor do I ever intend to. Wear gloves and make sure that the glassware you use post reaction is solid. No leaks..etc..etc..
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top