Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Public Apology From Me
APO
National Hazard

Mood: Refluxing

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 02:44
Public Apology From Me

I was just looking back at some of my very old posts, and seeing how damn immature I was in the sense of my overly defensive nature, only having interest in the typical kewl stuff, lying threw my teeth about certain things, makes me sad. Seeing how low I once was, I feel bad, so from the bottom of my soul, I am sorry for the way I once was.

"Damn it George! I told you not to drop me!"
papaya
National Hazard

Mood: reactive

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 03:26

Amen!
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 06:12

Quote: Originally posted by APO  
I was just looking back at some of my very old posts, and seeing how damn immature I was in the sense of my overly defensive nature, only having interest in the typical kewl stuff, lying threw my teeth about certain things, makes me sad. Seeing how low I once was, I feel bad, so from the bottom of my soul, I am sorry for the way I once was.

I haven't been around that long, but from where I am sitting, I have seen myself go through the same path. I think it is human nature, and we all grow up sooner or later.

Hackers and virus writers typically start out as pre/teen disassociated youths that grow up and get a job in the field; Pyrotechnics is filled with people that got into it for the kewl booms but stuck around long enough gain a legitimate interest, and the same goes for chemistry, etc.

It's life. :cool:
DrAldehyde
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 06:29

People today have to deal with a lack of privacy that was unimaginable even 10 years ago. It would be tough to go through your teens without posting something embarrasing or regretful. The fact that everything you ever posted could be recalled and spread over the entire world, makes it very tricky indeed. I am decades out of my teens and still find myself posting crap that I wouldn't want to be public knowledge. Well, I think things are going to get worse before they get better. Goodluck APO.
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 07:39

My first post was asking where I could buy powdered magnesium without hazmat charges. (facepalm)
And that was just 7 months ago. Really feels like longer.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 08:54

Wait til your 50 and drunk LOL. You think ya got poor judgement at times NOW? LMFAO

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 08:59

I think when I'm older I'll make a new SM account. (Also because I'd like to have a more creative username. :))

Brain&Force
Hazard to Lanthanides

Mood: Incommensurately modulated

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 09:15

I think you'll think twice about having another SM account. You already have 600+ posts...there's no reason to get rid of the record.

At the end of the day, simulating atoms doesn't beat working with the real things...
Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 09:39

Quote: Originally posted by Brain&Force  
I think you'll think twice about having another SM account. You already have 600+ posts...there's no reason to get rid of the record.
And I'd say at least 400 of them are probably fairly useless (like the ones in this thread). I don't feel like I'm contributing a heck of a lot despite my post count, so post count doesn't really mean that much to me. I wouldn't mind starting fresh when I'm more experienced and could be more helpful.

Random
International Hazard

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 12:58

Everybody is going through this it is a good thing that you realize it. I was 13 when I made this account.
Tdep
National Hazard

Mood: PhD is done! It isn't good but it's over lol

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 17:45

I like this account because I've solved some of the problems that past Tdep was asking on this forum. Feels good.
Brain&Force
Hazard to Lanthanides

Mood: Incommensurately modulated

[*] posted on 14-8-2014 at 19:13

Past Tdep? You had a different account?

I have two accounts just for hack-proofing. That was a really smart decision.

At the end of the day, simulating atoms doesn't beat working with the real things...
APO
National Hazard

Mood: Refluxing

[*] posted on 8-11-2014 at 21:51

Hey guys, I would just like to say, thanks for putting up with me, you all have taught me a lot. This was my first forum, and will always be my favorite. With that came a lot of fuss, but the learning experience and knowledge gained is truly invaluable. I really hope I can practice amateur chemistry again one day.

"Damn it George! I told you not to drop me!"
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 06:48

Hey guys, I would just like to say, thanks for putting up with me, you all have taught me a lot. This was my first forum, and will always be my favorite. With that came a lot of fuss, but the learning experience and knowledge gained is truly invaluable. I really hope I can practice amateur chemistry again one day.

What happened? Why can't you do it now?

Oh and Brain&Force, Tdep was referring to having solved some of his own personal issues that he used to have; I don't think he means two accounts.

Chemosynthesis
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 06:56

This is exactly the kind of story I love hearing. A lot of learning is difficult and everyone can remember some negativity associated with it at some point(s) in their lives, but I wonder how many can really look back and value where they went.

It's really nice to see inspirational stories like this, even if you aren't active in hobby chemistry at this point in your life. I often wonder where individuals I used to acquaint myself with on other forums ended up. This is also my favorite forum despite not being my first.
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 15:28

zts16, you can always change your username by asking prov. as he changed zyclonb to zyklonA. Speaking of him.... haven't seen him around recently... Hope he's ok.

On topic, Hah!
I didn't know the difference between a double salt and a coordination complex when I first got on here! I think I'm even approaching my 1 year of madness b-day! zts16 is too, and zyclonA just passed his, I think. Arkoma and aga will have theirs coming up soon :) The people you meet when you first start on SM :)

Go To Top