Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  8
Author: Subject: New chemistry forum for Hive Bees
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 11-2-2005 at 16:40
New chemistry forum for Hive Bees

It's not the Hive but it's an old bee , trying to gather the the bee's in one place until..................

It's not a replacement of the hive but it's another place to rest the weary wings till our home is restored......solo/(aka) java

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
runlabrun
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-2-2005 at 16:53

YYYYYYIIIIIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

-rlr
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 11-2-2005 at 19:08

Does that mean all those clever bees are flying to another place for good? :(
I was getting used to the many organic chemistry wizards of late :(

Quote:
A serious deficiency of the Hive was the way information was controlled. None of the forums were open to indexing or archival by search engine spiders. Automatic retrieval of information was a bannable offense. Under no circumstances would the administrators provide backup files for the forum. Even now, months after the site passed into limbo, the precious user-provided content is tightly held. It would not be hard to provide a single-file torrent of all messages (excluding PMs) from the Hive, if anybody with access to the database cared to do so. But the Hive Powers have spoken with actions louder than words: "If we cannot control this information, nobody will have it."

I hope that Synthetika will not tread the same foollish path. I think that periodic websucking into a single-file archive that is then shared would be very useful for offline reading and for protecting the information shared here from vanishing Hive-style.

I'd like to second this.

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
UpNatom
Harmless

[*] posted on 13-2-2005 at 12:51

Quote:

It's not a replacement of the hive but it's another place to rest the weary wings till our home is restored.

Why do I get the feeling that if this continues, and by this I mean boards like WD, drugs-forum, lycaeum forum, and now synthetika all trying to be the new hive I won't be resting my weary wings much at all but rather permanently in flight?
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-2-2005 at 16:15
RE: "trying to be the HIve"

None of this boards are trying to be the "the hive", as you phrase it. Sciencemadness is not trying to be , nor is WD, nor any of them. Dreamers, Bee's and all the science interested members want more variety and can be found in any one board depending on the needs of the members. The more boards the better, more options, membership to any board is voluntary and members are not property of any board and are free will souls, looking and trying to find a place that they feel best doing what each one of us do...................solo

BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 21-2-2005 at 16:30

Quote:
The more boards the better
Makes me wish there was a unified search engine between all the chemistry discussion forums, like a little box on google that said "Search Chemistry Forums?"

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-2-2005 at 16:36
Re:"whish there was a unified search engine of all boards"

The Unified Clandestine Chemistry Search Engine(TUCCSE)...........hey that may have some potential.............just get all the forums to give a back up copy and index them all into the search engine, or something to that effect.

All ready this board has a back up so does WD and the old chemhead, synthetika ,the hive files have alrady been indexed, forget drug-forum they think they own their members. There just has to be somebody to get them index them all and find a server host......or one of the forum's can host it or all, as part of their service,...............great idea!..........solo

[Edited on 22-2-2005 by solo]

Quantum
Hazard to Others

Mood: Interested

smile.gif posted on 21-2-2005 at 18:33
Yaa!

It looks a lot better then Wet Dreams; I think Wet Dreams attracted to many lowly meth cooks and has a less then Bee atmosphere. The Shuriga(sp?) picture should remind people what its all about at this new forum.
Icarus
Harmless

Mood: getting warmer

[*] posted on 21-2-2005 at 20:03

lowly meth cooks and has a less then Bee atmosphere.

This is an interesting concept.

Why are "meth cooks" deemed "lowly"?

Do you have any particular reason for this thinking, other than being an intellectual elitist snob?

Also, can you define "bee atmosphere", so the less than privileged among us may gain from your inherent wisdom.

Tell me, how much of your time do you dedicate to helping those less privileged than yourself?

Or, do you while the idle hours away, gazing lovingly upon your Mensa certificate?
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

[*] posted on 21-2-2005 at 20:51
A Meta-searchengine

for all the chemistry related forums - now THAT would be a grande idea!

It'd need a lot of cooperation, a lot of 'setting aside old animosities', but it'd be the ultimate triumph of the internet over information censoring, of the rule of shared information over clingingly possessive information, of the law that collective information should not, and cannot be controlled by individuals!

Now that is a lofty goal to aspire to!

[Edited on 22-2-2005 by chemoleo]

MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 21-2-2005 at 23:35
The Hive

I'm not into the drug scene(I prefer to get drunk !) but in the past, The Hive always
had interesting organic synthesis methods. I welcome their return !

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
guaguanco
Hazard to Others

Mood: heterocyclic

[*] posted on 22-2-2005 at 11:40

Quote:
Originally posted by Icarus

Perhaps because so many of them are greedy scumbags who have no concern for anyone or anything other than their profits? The number of meth labs in Washington state (for instance) that turn into HazMat sites kind of tells the story...

Oh, I'm sure their are some meth cooks who are great, responsible people who love the beauty of chemistry, but you could probably count them on one hand with fingers to spare.
UpNatom
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-2-2005 at 11:53

Quote:

I welcome their return !

They haven't returned yet.....synthetika is not the hive as solo said already. In fact the admin synthetika seems to be a little coy about what he is called at the hive, so really its hard to say who's running it which is one of my main problems with it...that and the lack of SSL. SSL is only of use if the admins are trustworthy however.

Quote:

Meth cooks are deemed lowly by many members of the hive and apparently now at synthetika too. Synthetika (the admin) has posted recently that he doesn't want that substance discussed at his board.

Personally though its only the pill-extracting meth cooks that I deem lowly.:P
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2005 at 12:10
Re: Getting down on other up coming chemists

I'm sure our streams and our air is polluted by environment thinking capitalist, who put out a new model of gas guzzler out every year , and those factories that dump their waste in our landfills are so much better.

The focus is on meth cooks is amplified by the media to point the finger at the small guys trying to make the product of his choice, and the guy trying to make it the best way he can. This country's wealth was made through chemistry , and is still being made today.

We all have to learn to recyle our by-product , re-use our solvents, wash the vapors from our reactions and assist each other on how to do it. Pointing fingers is not the way, WD is a good place to refine the methods for many starting chemists. Nothing motivates more than wanting something , for some it's meth others mda, mescaline, and a barage of others, for other explosives exotic chemicals and so what's your poison?

I think before any unity of anything can happen we must learn to support each other with either positive , "here's how to" , or "have you consider this method"....etc., feed back. This is productive and as many can verify, the teacher always learns more because it becomes a review and a reminder of how things work.............solo

guaguanco
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-2-2005 at 14:30

Quote:
Originally posted by solo
The focus is on meth cooks is amplified by the media to point the finger at the small guys trying to make the product of his choice, and the guy trying to make it the best way he can. This country's wealth was made through chemistry , and is still being made today.

Yes, well, I think you have a rosier view of the average methamphetamine producer than I do. From what I see, the average meth cook:
1) Couldn't give a flying f**k about cleaning up after himself, and has zero interest in recycling anything.
2) Is not just some humble businessman trying to fulfill some sort of entrepreneurial American Dream.
3) Is not someone you would want to know, and would not want working within a 100 mile radius of you.

The people who are discussing chemistry here are a *completely different* type of person that your average meth cook. All they have in common is the desire for a high yield. The fact that there are corporations out there that pollute the environment doesn't give the average meth cook some sort of ethical free-pass.
Again, this is what I see from researching the subject. The would-be amateur chemist should shun these people like the plague, if they have any hope of maintaining their hobby in the long run.

I will climb off my soapbox now.

[Edited on 22-2-2005 by guaguanco]
Icarus
Harmless

Mood: getting warmer

[*] posted on 22-2-2005 at 22:59
????

Perhaps because so many of them are greedy scumbags who have no concern for anyone or anything other than their profits? The number of meth labs in Washington state (for instance) that turn into HazMat sites kind of tells the story...

"no concern for anyone or anything other than their profits".................how unamerican.

Oh, I'm sure their are some meth cooks who are great, responsible people who love the beauty of chemistry, but you could probably count them on one hand with fingers to spare.

.........and I bet you know them personally.

1) Couldn't give a flying f**k about cleaning up after himself, and has zero interest in recycling anything.

Then why don't you go over to WD and do a complete write up on the costs to the environment of their hobby, and techniques to clean up and recycle chemicals?

Exactly how sincere are you?

2) Is not just some humble businessman trying to fulfill some sort of entrepreneurial American Dream.

As opposed to Dow chemical and Monsanto?

3) Is not someone you would want to know, and would not want working within a 100 mile radius of you.

There are plenty of people I don't want "living within a 100 mile radius" of me, beginning with narrow minded bigots.

The people who are discussing chemistry here are a *completely different* type of person that your average meth cook. All they have in common is the desire for a high yield.

OOOHHH PPLLEEASE.........do you really want me to UTFSE?

My point is that Wareami, Wizard X, Geezemeister etc., are quality people.

They would be a QUALITY addition to ANY forum on the internet, INCLUDING this one.

They do not deserve your narrow minded crap.

I think before any unity of anything can happen we must learn to support each other with either positive , "here's how to" , or "have you consider this method"....etc., feed back. This is productive and as many can verify, the teacher always learns more because it becomes a review and a reminder of how things work.............solo

Solo, you appear to have wisdom and the qualities of a leader. Maybe you could help guaguanco out with his/her writeup?
Sandmeyer
National Hazard

Mood: abbastanza bene

[*] posted on 23-2-2005 at 19:05

i'd settle for sciencemadness. it is a great forum for people from all backgrounds interested in chemistry. Maybe it is a wise idea for the interested in psychedelic chemistry to avoid apperant drug-forums as they tend to be a magnet for all sorts of morons.

[Edited on 24-2-2005 by Sandmeyer]

guaguanco
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-2-2005 at 21:25

If there are enlightened, ethical, considerate, scientifically-motivated meth manufacturers at the Hive, that's great, I guess. But methamphetamine isn't a chemical worth defending too hard, in my opinion, since its seems to do far more harm than good. And fear of meth manufacturers is doing a lot to poison the climate the would-be home experimenter.
All IMHO, which I will stick to.

And the offer to help edit my posts is not required, thank you.

[Edited on 24-2-2005 by guaguanco]
runlabrun
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-2-2005 at 22:15

ill put in my few cents:

As a person of previous direction to what we are arguing about i do have an idea of what its like...
Unfortunatly guaguanco is for the most part correct... most cooks dont care for recycling due to the profit they make, they can afford to waste stuff, and for the sake of invisibility they dont activly take part in safe disposal of chemical waste... I SAY THIS IS FOR THE MOST PART, NOT ALL.
As for myself i did dispose chemicals safely, in my work we had the systems to do this so i just took it to work and dealt with it there with all the work waste.
As for chemical recycling i did recycle solvents and regeneratable reagents as there is only so much you can steal from the workplace without it being noticed...

-rlr
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 19:51
Re: synthetikal

They have a new server and moved to....https://synthetikal.com/ were the rhodium archives are with a search function and the Hive files with all the pdf's with a search engine for assistance to the bee's while the Hive returns, and return it will as there is an engine collecting donations found at the WD https://www.wetdreams.ws/forum/donate/donate.html

chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

[*] posted on 11-3-2005 at 15:55

Hmm. I notice synthetical.com still requires registration to view contents.

Hmm. I wonder whether synthetika is trying to revive the old Hive policies (see quote 3rd post from the top) :(

solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-3-2005 at 17:52
Re: need to register to view threads at synthetikal

I just went there without registering and viewed the threads....you might want to check again......solo

Note:edited by solo

........ stimulants and opiods bits are hidden for non members,

[Edited on 12-3-2005 by solo]

Quantum
Hazard to Others

Mood: Interested

[*] posted on 12-3-2005 at 06:17

Quote:

lowly meth cooks and has a less then Bee atmosphere.

This is an interesting concept.

Do you have any particular reason for this thinking, other than being an intellectual elitist snob?

Also, can you define "bee atmosphere", so the less than privileged among us may gain from your inherent wisdom.

Tell me, how much of your time do you dedicate to helping those less privileged than yourself?

Or, do you while the idle hours away, gazing lovingly upon your Mensa certificate?

As shown by other members(thanks guys) Im not alone in my thoughts.

The sort of meth cook Im talking about has no interest in chemistry and is always messing with matches and pills. A good drug forum(Like the Hive) has advanced meth makers and people making MDA/MDMA, opiates, GHB, and other drugs.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 12-3-2005 at 06:48

Quote:
I just went there without registering and viewed the threads....you might want to check again......solo
Just going to synthetical.com it tells you for each main section if registration is required, it appears it is only not required to view 'General Chat' and 'News', I attempted to view the General Chemistry area and was dissapointed to see that it required registration :(

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-3-2005 at 08:50
Re: registration required.....

I see what you mean, I don't know why boards do that, as if by getting the viewer to register will keep them there......many boards adopt that policy, which I think is dumb as members can't be duped by those tactics.

If the board can't make it on it's merits, that it forces the viewers to register before signing up then that board needs to re-think its reason for being........solo

Pages:  1    3  ..  8

Go To Top