Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8
Author: Subject: New chemistry forum for Hive Bees
Ephoton
Hazard to Others

Mood: trying to figure out why I need a dark room retreat when I live in a forest of wattle.

[*] posted on 22-7-2005 at 23:59
holly shit dudes :(

what the fuck weres rhodium im scared :(
hellman what the fuck what happened to everything I dont want to loose contact with everyone this sucks big time lets go peer 2 peer if I make the app will you guys use it if I realease it here
Primathon
Harmless

Mood: complacent

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 09:46
This just gets better and better...

I don't know how many of you guys read over at WD, but I browse around there from time to time. Boy have I found a few choice gems to share with y'all...

Quote:

Memoirs of Synthetikal
By Syn

Do not fear, all is not lost, for Synthetikal is not dead, it is merely sleeping.

I have a responsibility as “creator” of Synthetikal to express what is happening, what has happened, and what shall be…
I think the best way to do this will be to start from the beginning and work through to the end, thus disparaging all if any rumours, and laying out the critical truth evenly and carefully.

Synthetikal was begun by myself, with the aid of co-programmer Naz in Feb 2005.
It was created as a study guide primarily for myself for my University studies,.
Never in my wildest dreams did I hope the capture the attention of thousands of keen members, nor did I foresee my name and file being passed around amongst security and law enforcement bodies, only to appear as a “king Pin” in a network of so many in accuracies and unwanted attention.

We begun our site on Shroogle’s Free servers upon which we quickly out grew, leading us into our own server.
To fund our server, we employed the same tactics as Shroogle, and put adds on our site to pay for our server.
Controversy always shrouded the necessary ads, as people always complained, but little did they know that the ads barely covered costs.
Occasionally we were able to buy the odd stick of butter and loaf of bread, but to us, the ads were a way to remove the burden of having the server in the first place.

Surprisingly when the ads disappeared, nobody wanted to donate, as no funds were received in the last 2 months of Synthetikal stay.
Quite funny really, but it begs the question, why would any one want to work for free anyway,

A minority of members had trouble with this;
We always had a good chuckle about this
Anyway- 5 months down the track our site gained the attention of 1000’s of members, not to mention the drug force and most probably the security intelligence service- no doubt- My Bad

The site grew at a phenomenal rate, the community as a whole was in control of the site, and it was an amazing thing to watch evolve.
We had nay Sayers, but what organization doesn’t.
It was like serving 1000 customers in a fast food business, always trying to soothe the majority, and dispel the miss-truths that the minority may have.
Giving members absolute power and control over the site solve this very nicely.
As I am sure that this style of management is exactly what the world needs,
Let the people be the governments, but lets not get into to that
- Go NGO’s

Altruism powered the website, hundreds of passionate people dreaming always of a better place, and doing the work to make this so,

Self medication and synthesis is hundreds of years away for our cultural climate,
But we all dared to dream. An oasis for the intellect & independent thinkers, a pursuit not unlike Albert Hofmans island concept.

Synthetikal was also a gold mine for all law enforcement agencies across the world, as was the hive.
Simply by accessing all local internet providers log files, such groups could easily locate all those that visited the magical Synthetikal.com.
As this is what the police were and have been doing,.
I have no doubts that this is what happened to the hive, but this time I was able to witness it in progress with real proof.
Early June, my phone was tapped, along with many others, Ip addresses were collected and raids were maid, and are still commencing.
2 people that I know told me of the harrowing police experiences.
2 friendly cops(Oxymoron?), 30’ish in age, from the drug task force approached them on numerous occasions asking them what they were doing , and what there relationship to me, and the site were,
They were quite aware all there internet activities.
Fame has a price.

It probably wouldn’t be a good idea to invite me to dinner at your house over the next few months, unless you set two extra plates.
Regardless of all the things I said in the site, my beliefs against all things illegal, the scarce pieces of the puzzle they had, still shone like a neon light to them, saying” this is your man”
-Tens of thousands of taxpayers dollars were wasted, on such uneventful monitoring.

The police seemed hell-bent on gaining admin access to the site, so I ‘m sure there is a moral here somewhere, anyway I was furious, and felt completely violated.
All in all, as I have always said, I just love chemistry, like hoffman, Shulgin, the wacker Bros, you , me , we all share something in common.
A passion for chemistry, which must stay in the theoretical world until the laws catch up- Don’t hold your breath.

There are many ways to fight back, but I will leave them up to you,
In truth, we all have always had the power, it’s just that we are too busy usually or distracted by the house keeping duties of the collective primal mind,-work play sleep work, ant logic right?

Anyway backups were made of synthetikal, it is just a matter of time before it re-opens, next time it will truly be run by the community.
So stay tuned and watch Wetdreams and sciencemaddness for information of its return.

Thanks to all those that contributed, as I have had one of the best times in my life, getting to know all of you.
Peace and love
Synthetikal

p.s
Synthetikal became what it was by the many talented passionate people that gave their time, all is not lost and we all can play a part in the gradual acceptance of hobbyist chemistry, and the freedom of individual ideals.

I have played only a small part in the greater scheme of things, and this is not the end.
We can all in our own way lubricate the wheels of progress and acceptance.

We are the people, and eventually we shall get what we want, otherwise those who try so hard to govern, will have their followers look somewhere else for their pursuits of freedom,.

Stay safe Synthetikal

p.p.s A short poetic finale’
(trite poetic excrement has been edited out)

So, um... That's a bunch of bullshit. I'll leave it up to you to pick it apart; I'm too damn tired. I also learned a few fun things you can do with google. Run a search for "synth78" (synth's account on Google AdSense), and read what you can find under WebMasterWorld Forums. I'll give you a few juicy, choice exerpts:

Quote:
12:52 pm on Apr 25, 2005

Cheers everyone,
I will have a steak dinner and well, and celebrate these fine times, maybee a peppercorn sauce?

Ah, adsense is now screaming, I used to get 1US per day, a few weeks back,
now the steaks are sizzling anywhere from 5US upwards, with peaks of 10 and 12US,
I am just so bloody happy with this,
thanks everyone,
Just to see evermorning that nice 7US after 12 hours is a great start to my day,
I''ve just changed a few critical adplacements, and have got 7US after 3 hours,
This has never happened before, so I thought I would just spread the love, and affirm to everyone to enjoy the good days, and don't worry about the bad,

I know have enough money to eat a really good meal every day!

S

But wait! It gets better...

Quote:
2:17 pm on May 13, 2005

Yes, I have,
The past week everyting has been up at least 50%,

Rankings changed this time also, and I believe we recieved better seo listing, maybee due to a recent sweep,

I am seeing double my usual amount on most days,
Definately inspiring,

Bought so much god stuff today, with my new as money, feels great, bought a dvd burner, xbox 120gb hardrive, and a dedicated server,

s

It's getting harder and harder to believe this little shit's stories about funding troubles and server woes, is it not?

And since I've seen numerous posts across multiple forums asking "what happened to the data?", well, I have it. It's backed up in multiple spots, and it ain't goin' nowhere until I can find a damn good spot for it. Namely one that is accessible by everyone, easily searchable, etc. It will all return in good time, hopefully not too long from now.

Primathon out
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 11:26

This is the google link.

There are a coupla threads a bit more telling than the above posts; synthetika's hoping to use this as a sole source of income, hopes of $100 a day, the inability to smell the doom that others could. I wonder why/how the ads got pulled.

I don't have a problem with anyone making money from Google if they can. I don't recall that synthetikal/etc. forums were represented as a business venture, though.

The use of the Shulgin picture and later Strike's bee in the logo rubbed me the wrong way worse, along with a certain jackass mod with obvious mental problems.
hAzzBEEn
Harmless

Mood: FAIR

shocked.gif posted on 23-7-2005 at 11:58
...but, but... the poem

I can't believe you edited out the touching poem (sarcasm). It was a true work of art, and literally brought a tear to my eye (SARCASM).

--hAzzBEEn--
Ephoton
Hazard to Others

Mood: trying to figure out why I need a dark room retreat when I live in a forest of wattle.

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 17:31
archive mirrors

where can I get a copy of the archives
the hive rhodium and synthetikal.
my machine dumped and I lost the lot.
as for the pigs on the web well I never posted any direct drug synth probably
becouse I dont make drugs.
makes a funny kind of sence ha I just like
learning about chemisrty.
have messaged for ftp access no reply yet
Ephoton
Hazard to Others

shocked.gif posted on 23-7-2005 at 17:34
is it me

is it me if I hang here will this place disapear too
Ephoton
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 17:41
primathon your a marvel

god knows were you find half of this shit.
ive been looking for three days straight and
never thought of looking in archives of a webmaster forum
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 21:57

Quote:

primathon your a marvel

No. Absolutely no. Primathon you have been an idiot for having been an ADMIN on the board in question without asking the right questions or using GOOGLE.

Sorry for being rude.
Never trust a junkie, just my 2 cents (US or Euro as you like them)

Btw: By now i have no idea if primathon is not just another incarnation of hellman aka Synthetika. For all good words I miss any hard facts. I miss even any word of trust.

Not thats anythings up to me.
I just ask and I don´t mind.
Bitching is easy.
I do.

HA!
/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 22:01

As I know Hellmans ways I suppose that:
Ephoton
primathon
and some others here

are:

HELLMAN!

Oha!

/ORG

PS: Hellman you can go and fuck around where you want but not here. Try and die.
On my red running blood.

Irgendwas is ja immer
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 22:12

Or for all those who are not so fast:

- Have old database
- Make new board
- cash in new Adsense until lockdown
- complain about LE
- Make new board....

etc.

The cow is alive.

HA!

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
Ephoton
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 22:49
i see said the blind man

rather dry I must say org so your saying
its all a load of shit anyway.
Lambda
National Hazard

Mood: Euforic Online

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 23:04
Rhodium interactive HTML available for download via RAPID SHARE

Quote:
Originally posted by Ephoton
where can I get a copy of the archives.....rhodium.....

Rhodium interactive HTML available for download via RAPID SHARE posted by Lambda on 12-6-2005:
https://sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=3964

You did not even have this one at Synthetikal (size 244 mb), for the real good stuff you have to be at the Sciencemadness forum. :P

[Edited on 24-7-2005 by Lambda]
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 24-7-2005 at 04:26

It´s obvious as it can be:
Somebody has discovered how to make money from the work of others and rarely there is something more seducing.
ephoton. primathon, synthetika, hellman - all the same. The only funny thing is that your mishabit of praising yourself set you up. Uh! :P :P
Weak personalities always fuck up.
Thats as sure as sunshine in the summertime - not every summer but enough to bet on it.

Now let´s have some real fun. I put up 200 $ for a server to host everything what was on Synthetikal - Rhosium, Hive files and all WITHOUT the "no robot" tag and to push it into the wayback machine. With Google-Adsense. Then lets propagate this and from the profit pay the costs of a non-profit replacement of the lost boards.
Any takers?

I will post a picture of the steak with peppersauce I am going to eat later.
Just to show off. :D :D

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 24-7-2005 at 07:43

As promised:

Peppersteak!

Hmmm! Good!

And now lets talk business.

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 24-7-2005 at 08:21

My suggestion is to create a portal like slashdot whats dedicated to the gathering of information and making it available by an backend of dedicated servers.

Freedom of information is the keywors here.

The portal gets Google-Adsense and should nicely finance the shit over time. If it works I want my 200 bucks back of course. But not more. If not - sellerie...

In addition to spice the soup up I suggest to add some blogs:

For example:
- Organikums insensitive ramblings
- "Why I loath the internet" by Polverone
- "Teh truth and only teh truth" by Moonmonster
- Daily depressions by Vitus Verdegast
- etc & pipapo....

On top to the entry to the whole realm we put a nice entry page which tells everybody that he has to check for the laws of his own country if it is legal for him to access this information. If *not* then he may kindly go home, overthrow his goverment and then come back.

comments?
;)

PS: Somebody told me that primathon is not synthetika and no idiot. The first has to be proven and the second may be true, but excessive naivety is hard to discern. It is not that nothing has happened before. And sorry to say: I am still convinced that all IPs are stored at Synthetikal - hashsum and deleted? No, I don´t buy this. Sorry.

But to make this clear: I am not interested in washing dirty laundry or mourning the infamity of hellman. I have here outlined a concept and it is a good one I would like to say. So I have a plan and I am willing to put up some money. Ands thats two things more than anybody else did bring into this discussion.
Not to forget the peppersteak of course.

[Edited on 24-7-2005 by Organikum]

Irgendwas is ja immer
Primathon
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-7-2005 at 10:34
Look at what happens when I leave...

I go ahead and calmly pass out drunk, and I get to wake up to THIS?

Quote:
No. Absolutely no. Primathon you have been an idiot for having been an ADMIN on the board in question without asking the right questions or using GOOGLE.

Sorry for being rude.

Excuse me? What questions? And what was I supposed to use google for again? Good job being rude, by the way. In the future, please get some reliable information before you start making accusations toward me.

Quote:
As I know Hellmans ways I suppose that:
Ephoton
primathon
and some others here
are:
HELLMAN!

ephoton. primathon, synthetika, hellman - all the same

BZZZZZZ!!!! Wrong! Ooooh, I'm sorry, tough luck. I guess we'll pass on the chance to win this seven-day cruise for two along to someone else. Anyone care to guess what was wrong with the above quote? (hint: I am what I am, and that's all that I am)

Listen. I don't know what you have against me, as I haven't done a god damn thing to you, but you appear pretty set in your ways - what with the making accusations without any, you know, proof. But don't let me stop you, do whatever it is that you do, I guess.

Sorry for cluttering the board with this nonsense. I hope we get past this reasonably quickly, for everyone's sake, as I don't think that anyone really wants to sit in and listen to this shit.

Primathon (the one and only) out
hAzzBEEn
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-7-2005 at 04:54
my two cents

After following the drama a bit, I am certain primathon and synthetika are NOT the same entity. I get the impression that they are not even from the same part of the world (from their expressions, use of words, ect.).

No bitching/nonsense expressed or implied.

--hAzzBEEn--
resonance
Harmless

Mood: tired

[*] posted on 25-7-2005 at 17:31

Quote:
Originally posted by hAzzBEEn
After following the drama a bit, I am certain primathon and synthetika are NOT the same entity. I get the impression that they are not even from the same part of the world (from their expressions, use of words, ect.).

No bitching/nonsense expressed or implied.

i feel that too, people can be quick to fuel the fire's flame...
Chris The Great
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-7-2005 at 21:45

If this idea of Organikum's, happens, perhaps we could also make a search engine for all chemistry forums to go with it. This was discussed in another thread here, and it would definatly be a great idea. In this case we could do it like google, and have a backup cache of the page in case said forum is down or no longer exists! Toss in the rhodium archives and all sorts of informational files, pdfs, usenet logs, chemistry websites, and suddenly we have a search engine for all the chemistry information on the net.....

I would LOVE to see something like that happen, and I'm sure everyone else here would as well. Sure, maybe it's a little, um, huger than what Organikum was thinking of, but I'm sure we could do it over time. Let's just start and see where things go, eh?

I'll gladly support that with some cash. Not as much as organikum because I am an unemployed teenager, and money doesn't come very easily to me and chems are expensive, but $30 would be no problem for startup costs and I'm sure I could help out with the actual site.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Primathon
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-7-2005 at 22:12
I agree

I've been speaking with a few other members from Synthetikal about exactly this, and it sounds like the next logical step. On a basic level, the search functions on each site act as sort of an API, which could pretty easily be tied together with some powerful scripting, and it's far from impossible. As for the remainder of the suggestions, I think these would be rather nicely tied in with a Wiki, which again wouldn't be altogether too difficult to set up. I'm sure that with at least a little cooperation from the various board admins, I could create a search page that spanned all the sites, and would return and parse the results in a nice, easy-to-read format. As for the Wiki, they're easy to do, and require only minimal setup with MySQL or a related DB. I don't currently have any funds to contribute, but I can contribute my time and skill, if anyone's interested.
daeron
Hazard to Self

Mood: cancerogenic

[*] posted on 26-7-2005 at 01:44
a bit off topic

WD gone WTF?

Wet Dreams is currently closed.

The Administrator has chosen to close
this forum with the following reason:
Due to the current timeout error situation, WD maintenence crew needs to close the board temporarily in order to set up the new board... The latest word from the Host is they refuse to reset the timeout value and we cannot continue to operate at 25% uptime. We apologize for the inconvenience and will have the new board up ASAP... We cannot transfer accounts/passwords to the new board...so be prepared to re-register... Same applies to the Temp Meeting Board http://216.117.165.51/maxwebportal/forum/default.asp
hAzzBEEn
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-7-2005 at 04:56
...many were willing to contribute

BTW, many synthetikal members were willing to contribute money. A secure private mechanism for doing so was never presented, and AFAIK there is still no remedy for this problem. Primathon, correct me if I'm wrong.

About WD, there was an announcement informing members that the site would be shut down as of 5:00 Easter time, yesterday. The temp board can be accessed here. I think that message board (WD) has potential, but desperately needs some QC on posting... no offense meant.
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 26-7-2005 at 06:26

Quote:

solo

posted on 21-2-2005 at 06:36 PM
Re:"wish there was a unified search engine of all boards"

The Unified Clandestine Chemistry Search Engine(TUCCSE)...........hey that may have some potential.............just get all the forums to give a back up copy and index them all into the search engine, or something to that effect.

All ready this board has a back up so does WD and the old chemhead, synthetika ,the hive files have alrady been indexed, forget drug-forum they think they own their members. There just has to be somebody to get them index them all and find a server host......or one of the forum's can host it or all, as part of their service,...............great idea!..........solo

All the back up's now exist of all the forum's and I've asked Drugs-forum for doing the same , maybe they too will provide a back up. Now this is possible and perhaps including an ftp that will house all the important data books journal citations.....of course each board will have methods of awarding its members the right to access the ftp .....but there would have to be more cooperations from each individual board in supporting such a venture.

Periodic back up updates can be used to keep the data base of the search engine up to date and much more work can be acomplished if reasearch isn't so fragmented and spread out. We can perhaps start with a mirrored site of all the forum back up 's in one place until the merging of all the data is finished........again idea's are only as good as the wings that make them fly........solo

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
Sandmeyer
National Hazard

Mood: abbastanza bene

[*] posted on 26-7-2005 at 07:38

can someone with hive archive saved on HD help me out?

I'm in need of Chimimanie's digest named "On 2C-T-x precursors" and more importantly catastrophes follow up thread on the same subject, referenced from the mentioned digest.

Thanks a lot!
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 26-7-2005 at 08:07

A portal which only links to archived information will circumvent most of the legal questions AND will provide enough $$ through advertisement to pay for the costs of hosting the archives.
A search engine working on indexes and granulated packed files should keep bandwidth usage in limits and more important allows granulated hosting of the information on different servers. Flexibility so to say. My suggestion never referred to boards as this is another story.

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8

Go To Top