Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8
Author: Subject: New chemistry forum for Hive Bees
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 16:42

I've monitored the site along with synthetikal and both are dead,.....an occasional post and at total-synthesis all I see is moderators and administrators posting ....synth's plan isn't working but when your premise is less tha honorable the outcome is no surprise........solo

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
Sandmeyer
National Hazard

Mood: abbastanza bene

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 16:58

I mean even if we put the profit motiv aside, the forum is complaty ilogicall, you must be in a meth psychosis in order to understand it. Funny you mention it, it seems there are more moderators than posts... LOL!

[Edited on 1-5-2006 by Sandmeyer]

Quantum
Hazard to Others

Mood: Interested

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 19:19

Well I understand the "between the lines" part just fine and I have never used meth in my life.

But the rule when they ban annon IPs.. That is a deal breaker. What if I want to use Tor or something like that?

Instead of all this idiotic bushbeating they(and some of us) should just use Freenet to make a little forum that is clear while still being scientific.

I mean at some point you make a forum so straightlaced that you might as well just read journal articles and if you do that then why do you need a forum?(For their purposes I mean) Here we like to share and chat where they want the $

What if, what is isn\'t true?
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 6-6-2006 at 18:04
Total Synthesis

More like TOTAL BULLSHIT ! I just went over there to check on the lunatics. They must be in
a member banning spree or decided to clean the slate. I couldn't even get in with my login
information. Got by the molecule ID check easy enough. It's 2-methyl-propane, but can't login.
Last time it was toluene. Oh, well, another Hellman attempt likely to end up in failure.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-6-2006 at 18:11

MadHatter.....use 2methylpropane for the name and the password......sort of dumb what goes on there.....but that's Helllman or whomever he claims to be these days as he now denies being Hellman.....you figure.....solo

Vitus_Verdegast
Hazard to Others

Mood: tea time

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 09:55

I figure a good deal of the members there are actually alter egos of Heilmann.

Oh well, don't expect anything better from the hands of a degenerate opiate abuser.

[Edited on 10-6-2006 by Vitus_Verdegast]

Sic transit gloria mundi
MadHatter
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 11:42
Lack Of Information

Solo, that worked. Thanks ! That site doesn't contain enough information to warrant
serious consideration. Given the amount of time it's been up, if there were enough
people interested, it should have grown by now. More people contributed to my
FTP in less time. Sounds like, Hellman, or whatever he is, has alienated most of the
community. He wants to charge money at the same time he's editing out so-called
"banned" websites. Now how are we supposed to know which sites are banned ?
I don't see a list anywhere.

I'll never charge for the FTP - information is meant to be FREE !

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
MadHatter
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-6-2006 at 10:33
total-synthesis

Nothing's changed over there except the molecule you have to indentify: safrole

solo
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-6-2006 at 11:15

I think if you had to count the number of posts between total-synthesis and synthetikal their upper limit is less than 10 between the two in a good day.......solo

cbfull
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-6-2006 at 23:08

What has gotten everyone so terrified just to access information, whether it is about drugs, explosives, cat wormer...

I just cannot believe that reading a website that happens to describe how these things are made makes anyone a criminal. Can anyone truly verify this? Sounds a lot like fascism.

From my personal experience, I enjoy researching current trends in society, even when it comes to something both controversial AND illegal. What warrant could a police officer get to raid a home just because someone was reading it, even if they have been reading everday for months on end. Knowing how all this basement and barn junk is being made is very important for getting a clearer picture of the problem. I also want to tell people what smells could indicate that their neighbor is doing some very sloppy and dangerous (possibly illegal chemical experiments). This presents some very serious risks to you and your property, and perhaps your family.

I encourage people to ask me questions about chemistry of any nature, including drugs, how these tweakers are making it in their basements, and the biggest question I hear is, "Why do these meth labs keep blowing up?" It took me a lot of digging, but I could only conclude that it is a combination of several dangers that leads to the explosions, and sealing themselves in with all those chemical vapors building up seems likely, but I am getting off topic.
Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

Mood: training

[*] posted on 25-6-2006 at 07:14

Quote:
"Why do these meth labs keep blowing up?"

That question is easy to answer :D:D:D When you read a forum like sciencemadness, you notice that many experimentalists here want to know what they are doing. They want to travel over possibly hazardous routes, but because they are interested in much of the chemistry happening and are also aware of certain complications, they can also take the necessary precautions. It's a different story for the average meth-entalist, who is primarily interested in producing meth and not in the chemistry involved. For instance, I have never read about the exotic chemical HCI on this forum, but it's an extremely important ingredient (sic) for many of the dope manufacturers. Not knowing what you're doing when working with chemical substances is a hazard, and even more when you don't have a chemical background. Personally, I'd feel safer with a sciencemadness maniac as a neighbour rather than the average meth maker (but I admit I'm not without bias).

damnant quod non intelligunt
cbfull
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-6-2006 at 17:05

That makes sense. I thought maybe there was something very specific, like a part of the reaction tends to runaway or something like that. It's more related to a lack of concern for the actual hazards involved and an intense desire for product. It's too bad that harsh drugs have so much stygma that people are AFRAID to know what's going on. We have politics and propaganda to thank for that.
Vitus_Verdegast
Hazard to Others

Mood: tea time

[*] posted on 29-6-2006 at 17:08

The "something very specific" part you're thinking of is probably phosphine generation from, IIRC, overheating the ephedrine/phosphorous/iodine mixture. Phosphine is quite poisonous and also tends to spontaneously ignite in contact with air.

But Sergei's point certainly makes sense. Someone that doesn't have a clue of what he is doing doesn't need to reach that phosphine stage at all in order to bring serious injury to himself or others.

Not surprisingly the Darwin Awards have laureated such a person with a Honourable Mention two years ago:
http://darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid2004-01.html
:)

Sic transit gloria mundi
MadHatter
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-6-2006 at 23:27
www.total-synthesis.com

Cbfull, where that website is concerned, it's not fear but derision for the jackass who
runs it. I look in from time to time but very few posts exist because the sleaze wants to
charge people for uploading videos and such. In other words, he's in it for the money.

Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 13:39

Seams like someone wrote a Wikipedia article about The (late) Hive:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hive_(web_site)

The only thing I really don't like there is the definition that it served for "manufacturing illegal drugs" and that Rhodium's archive contained "illegal drug synthesis information". There were several members who did not care about illegal drugs and only synthesized the legal ones (or mostly only legal drugs :)). I belive there was just about to become trendy to avoid scheduled drugs, so such definition of the forum is perhaps a bit offensive to some. There is also not a single mention that it was far the best forum for organic synthesis related discusions and great for exchanging ideas. :P

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 16:40

If you want to fix the article, go ahead. That's the whole point of a wiki.

Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 16:54

I'm working on an expansion/correction for the article. What year did the Hive first start? I want to say it was 1998 or 1999, but I'm not sure. Did Rhodium become chief bee right after Strike's departure, or was there interim management? Well, I'll toss in my edits and then I hope people can tell me what I've done wrong or omitted.

Edit: I feel like last sentence of paragraph 1 should be dropped, as should the mention of amazon.com having Total Synthesis and Sources. The first one seems out of place in an informational article, and the second one seems unnecessary and impedes the flow of ideas. I didn't edit them out because I didn't want to step on their authors' toes, though...

I feel like a more proper Hive article would include or spawn separate articles on clandestine chemistry, earlier history of online drug synthesis discussion (Usenet, Hyperreal, probably others), and go in to more detail about the management, members, and culture of the Hive.

[Edited on 7-5-2006 by Polverone]

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
leu
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 17:15

These two old threads should answer many of your questions :D

Attachment: The History of the Hive.zip (62kB)
This file has been downloaded 1330 times

Chemistry is our Covalent Bond
Elawr
Hazard to Others

Mood: vitriolic

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 18:49
legit meth manufacture

As far as I am aware, the only legit US source for methamphetamine is the medication Desoxyn supplied by Abbott Laboratories as the hydrochloride in 5 mg capsules (NDC 0074-3377-04). My question is this: How does Abbott manufacture this product? I am simply curious; This is a molecule that can be created from various precursors by way of many different synthetic pathways. Methamphetamine has been prescribed medically as a Schedule II anorectic for decades, but I'd not be suprised if Abbott dropped it, what with all the notoriety associated with its illegal use. I just wondered how the big boys cooked up their stuff - I suppose I could just call up Abbott Labs and ask, but I doubt I'd get any kind of straight answer!

leu
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 19:05

Quote:
How does Abbott manufacture this product?

A search of the USPTO archives for old patents filed by Abbot could answer your question :D Alternatively one could ask Aurelius, who's already done that job :P

[Edited on 5-7-2006 by leu]

Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

Mood: training

[*] posted on 5-7-2006 at 11:44

Quote:
A search of the USPTO archives for old patents filed by Abbot could answer your question :D Alternatively one could ask Aurelius, who's already done that job :P

Thousands of workers getting the red phosphorus out of millions of matchbox strikers, and a few thousand workers more to extract psuedoephedrine from billions of pills. These days, most jobs are occupied by Mexican immigrants. Abbott's main plant is in Wacko, Texas.

damnant quod non intelligunt
Elawr
Hazard to Others

Mood: vitriolic

[*] posted on 5-7-2006 at 13:53

Quote:
Thousands of workers getting the red phosphorus out of millions of matchbox strikers, and a few thousand workers more to extract psuedoephedrine from billions of pills. These days, most jobs are occupied by Mexican immigrants. Abbott's main plant is in Wacko, Texas.

ROFLOL!......F***ing illegal alien meth-heads!

leu
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-7-2006 at 16:20

Very funny for a whimsical response, the truth of the matter is that a rather noted author of textbooks on catalytic hydrogenation; namely Morris Freifelder was the scientist in charge of catalytic hydrogenation at Abbott Laboratories for many years :P

[Edited on 6-7-2006 by leu]

hedron
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-10-2006 at 03:28
hellman

I've am sick to death of syn and his fucking ravings,.

I am an ISP owner, who is his second year chemical engineering course student.

I am prepared to join, only with ORG, SOLO, hazbeen are involved in management.

I have the man power to extract all relevant files fom the net, scoop them up and form the best ficking website ever,.

I want us all to be home again, and to remake a new home for us all,.

I want the best security/ and no compromise.
Interested parties contact me, and we'll get this bastard going.

I cannot believe that this has not been done before,.
Org's ideas are great, and so are solo's,.

If we have a place that banns syn, then all the good chemsits will come back, and we all can have a stable place,.

I am prepared to work with whoever to get this done without syn!
THat little fukstick needs to be brought to his knees.

Hedron
I have been around for about 5 years, and have never felt more strongly about this.

I will provide 100gb right now. if org , solo, hazbeen, and vit get involved.
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 25-10-2006 at 07:29

Anybody referring Hellman before offering server space and the management of a "new" forum to replace Synthetikal is doomed to live under the shadow of suspicion of being just another Hellman's incarnation. And if in addition he also uses Hellman's characteristic writing stile, he will sure as hell raise such suspicion sky high. But I'm just a paranoid freak being suspicious even of my self, so let us first hear more about your idea.

When you think it can not get any worse and then you see this:
Quote:

Shop, sell or create what's on your mind

So what other humiliation is next?
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8

Go To Top