Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hexamine Synthesis
PariahParadox
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-9-2014 at 12:24
Hexamine Synthesis

Hello, I am new to this forum, and while I don't have the glassware, I am very interested in the synthesis of Hexamine.

I did locate some books in the library section of Sciencemadness and few others on the Internet, but I would still
like to read about a more detailed lab synthesis paper before attempting it myself.

I did see the synthesis thread here on sciencemadness: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=3229#p...

Also this video was pretty informative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2N0zAoVYew

What I am trying to find is a more detailed synthesis of hexamine from a good laboratory organic chemistry book
so I can read it on my own time.

Thanks in advance.

[Edited on 19-9-2014 by PariahParadox]
TheChemiKid
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-9-2014 at 12:36

It's a pretty straightforward synthesis, why do you need to book?
PariahParadox
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-9-2014 at 14:38

Quote: Originally posted by TheChemiKid  
It's a pretty straightforward synthesis, why do you need to book?

I do have a tendency to second guess myself and I do have a link to another video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCCpl08_WjQ where this guy actually does not use lab glassware or an ice bath and says that it smells strongly of ammonia.

I want to do it the safe way but I feel better looking at information that I know I can trust like the Journal of American Chemical Society.

I realize that the synthesis is basic I am just surprised that there is no modern day book detailing its synthesis unless I go back in the library section of sciencemadness and I did find at least one book pdf file with some info - s-Triazines and Derivatives (The Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, Volume 13).
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 18-9-2014 at 18:18

the first link on the opening post, is missing a "g" in "madness.org". I had to type it into the address bar after the link failed to load for me several times.
PariahParadox
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-9-2014 at 18:34

Quote: Originally posted by violet sin  
the first link on the opening post, is missing a "g" in "madness.org". I had to type it into the address bar after the link failed to load for me several times.

Fixed. Thank you for letting me know.

Go To Top