Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sass Oil
mycoguy
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-2-2005 at 01:37
Sass Oil

I recently decided to take the plunge, and make an essential oil purchase on everyone's favorite auction site.

I had previously emailed the seller, asking if they needed me to send any DEA registration paperwork, in order for me to purchase this oil from them.

They replied, stating they did not believe it was required for such a small purchase (4-8oz).

So I decided what the hell...and purchased a 4oz bottle.

To my dismay, the seller left me feedback, which I would have rather they not.

Our living complex signs for all packages that arrive, and leave them out on a table in the lobby. (People here are pretty honest, and I've never had anything stolen.) I have ordered this essential oil from other suppliers, and had no problems in the past. But this is the first time ordering via this auction site.

Today, I had a note in my mailbox, that a package had arrived for me, and was in the lobby for pickup. However, when I went to retrieve it, I was surprised to find out that all of the packages were now locked in the main office.

I am hoping that I am not being set up for some kind of controlled delivery. I have a sinking feeling of going to pick up my package from the office, and then having the authorities notified that I had claimed my watched package.

If you guys don't hear back from me in the next few days, regarding this issue, then take this as a warning. Our fav auction site may or may not be a DEA front. I guess we'll see. If everything goes well, and I get my package safely, I'll let you all know.
FrankRizzo
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-2-2005 at 18:17

Government agencies can and do use eBay quite frequently.

Read the eBay user agreement if you feel like being reminded of "1984."
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 18-2-2005 at 18:34

Quote:
Originally posted by mycoguy

... that all of the packages were now locked in the main office...

It could be that someone else had somethig stolen from them so as a security measure all the packages were locked up.

If the packages reappear upon the table in a few days you are in trouble.... if they stay locked up you are probally in the clear.

[Edited on 19-2-2005 by rogue chemist]

mycoguy
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-2-2005 at 22:00
coast clear for now.

Luckily, it was just one of those quirky things where they decided to put the packages in the office. Today, they were back out in the lobby. It wasn't even the EO that was arriving. Just a hotplate.
Overall, I'm not really worried about anything. I'm not doing anything illegal. Just making candles. I just didn't wanna go through any hassle.
runlabrun
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-2-2005 at 02:25

Quote:
Originally posted by rogue chemist
If the packages reappear upon the table in a few days you are in trouble.... if they stay locked up you are probally in the clear.

Take heed, they probably wouldnt just lock them up out of a quirky one day thing... hmm take care....
-rlr
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 20-2-2005 at 10:33

What I said I believe to be only applicable if he/she had recieved the oil and then the packages were returned to the table. I am unsure what to make of this though, it could just be some quirky incident, or it could mean the Feds made a mistake:o and had the wrong package of yours under surveilance.

runlabrun
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-2-2005 at 14:43

well the package that was involved in the lock-up was still a hotplate.... if you meant a chemistry stlye hotplate then they might have been watching that one too.... i know in aus they can take the opportunity to jump on anything, one person i knew got raided for taking delivery of a box of schott storage bottles, he was completely innocent, was using them for a quirky way to store stuff in his kitchen (salt, tea, coffee) so it looked different....

Watch out for the sass and see what happens to the parcels for that one....
-rlr

Go To Top