Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Hexamine Diperchlorate
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 5-11-2009 at 12:36

The 'zippo' ref. should have told me what to expect. . .

[Edited on 5-11-2009 by hissingnoise]
carbonfeind
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-11-2009 at 13:00

The videos were originally intended for Youtube, I apologize for the somewhat unprofessional nature of them. Ill just remove them if all it will do is make me look bad. I just felt something other than a written description of the event would be appreciated.......
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 5-11-2009 at 14:30

Don't let the sarcasm of greying armchair types deflect you, carbonfiend. . .
User
Hazard to Others

Mood: Passionate

[*] posted on 6-11-2009 at 04:43

Nice vids.
Somehow i also have had some kind of interest in HDP.
I might be that this was rejected by the industry, that does absolutely not mean that it cant be usefull for amateur use.
For example AgNO3/AgC2 is used by a lot of amateurs while for the industry it has no use what so ever.

Btw i found this on google:
http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/hexamine-diperchlorate-s...
Uhm it is quite sad to see the guy doing the stuff (he calls it getto style ughum does that mean the same as idiot style? ).
Measuring out NH4ClO4 using his bare vingers, well what ever.

Also according to some sources HDP is rated 116%.

Also i found this patent: US Patent 4340755
It is about biguanide diperchlorate.

A small cutout:

Quote:

EXAMPLE 1 Biguanide (3.0 g, 101.11 g/mol; 2.96×10 -2 mol) was added gradually as a solid to perchloric acid (10.3 mol, 5.78 N) in an ice bath. The solution was evaporated under vacuum with a dry ice trap. The white crystals (8.6 g 96.5%) of biguanide diperchlorate were dried under vacuum over P 2 O 5 and KOH. Concentration of a saturated ethyl acetate/acetonitrile solution gave crystals, mp 217°-219° C.

Interesting how the biguanide is added as a solid mass.
This makes me wonder if the same could be done with hexamine to maybe improve yields.
Funny how reading the patent it looks like biguanid diperchlorate Seems quite a good explosive in terms of stability and easy prep with good yields.

[Edited on 6-11-2009 by User]

What a fine day for chemistry this is.
carbonfeind
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-11-2009 at 05:07

That looks interesting, didn't see it in PATR. I know guanidine perchlorate is very powerful and easily initiated.
DubaiAmateurRocketry
National Hazard

Mood: In research

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 01:53

Quote: Originally posted by madscientist  
Wouldn't it be possible to prepare purer hexamine perchlorate by reacting moist ammonium perchlorate with hexamine? It should generate ammonia gas while preparing hexamine perchlorate - the fact that ammonia is a gas at STP should drive the equilibrium <i>far</i> to the right.

(CH<sub>2</sub>;)<sub>6</sub>N<sub>4</sub> + 2NH<sub>4</sub>ClO<sub>4</sub> ----> (CH<sub>2</sub>;)<sub>6</sub>N<sub>4*</sub>2HClO<sub>4</sub> + 2NH<sub>3</sub>

Are you sure this reaction works ?

Rhodanide
Hazard to Others

Mood: That retro aesthetic

[*] posted on 15-10-2015 at 05:06

Quote: Originally posted by DeusExMachina  
well, a better idea would be to try to take a few pictures or maybe even a movie clip thing of the detonation since looking at a picture of white crystals isn't the most exciting thing.

Hi, Deus.
I am aware that the YouTube channel "Explosions&Fire" has recently made a video discussing and testing HDP. Check it out, there's some good footage there if you're interested.

Cheers!~
softbeard
Hazard to Self

Mood: moody

[*] posted on 15-10-2015 at 05:23

Hey Tetra, you do realize DeusExMachina posted this in 2002 ;). I think the ScienceMadness forum has some of the longest-running threads on the net.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 16-12-2015 at 13:40
CHP

If you have NH4ClO4 you can making no HDP hexamine diperchlorate, but directly CHP. Copper hexamine perchlorate. VoD est. 7500m/s in1.8g cm3. Low friction, stabile in time, burning on air only. Ideal for filling detonator as monomaterial. Details on Liptakov channel.
dangerous amateur
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-9-2016 at 11:34

Quote:

stabile in time

Liptakov do you have any idea how long a detonator with this stuff can be stored?
Tacp cant very long... is CHP any better?

I mean it is fascinating stuff, but since you got system Berta to work with ETN, why not use this?
Much easier to make and to source the raw materials.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-9-2016 at 12:17
system Berta

Q1: Storage detonator CHP, 90 days by 20 Celsius. Same working power. Confirmed.
Q2 : CHP is soft material with low sensitive friction than crystals TACP. His DDT is better. Has the zero OB. Thus, much advantages against TACP.
Q3 : Maybe I am not understand your question. What should be easily? If you will have NH4ClO4, is possible making TACP on the stump in the wood. And CHP also on stump on some piece metal plate. With hexamine fire and reagent. 2 in 1. Without el. power supply, cooling, without concentrate acids, measurement, weighing, neutralisation, purification, etc.
Berta not working with ETN. But ETN + Al + NC . It are next processed. And now you can put the question again. What is easier ?
Dr.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-9-2016 at 12:41

I second LL TACP is much easier than ETN, and lower sensativity. How can it not be stored long?
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-9-2016 at 21:46

System Berta -- with CHP -- is conceived, destined for safety initiation on the amateur field. Easy, cheap, quick, best safety against others type detonators. But Berta -- with CHP--Not for army with 10 years storage. What happens with 2 year old CHP detonator? Only it, that will be deflagrate instead detonation. What happens with 2 year old professional factory ammonium nitrate emulsion? Will be not detonate. And yet they cheerfully sold worldwide.
Dr.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2017 at 07:22
copper hexamine perchlorate

Details about preparation of copper hexamine perchlorate (CHP) was necessary deleted from YT but, according next research is clearly, that mixture ETN + CHP is possible use and it in almost any ratios. For example 20% ETN + 80% CHP or 85% ETN + 15% CHP. Running always, full strenght. With 80% ETN is brisance of course bigger. Stability 90 days confirmed without changes of properties. Used was 95 days old powder from glass jar and filling before test. 300mg pressed on 100 Kg/ dia 6mm and 200mg pressed on 5 Kg. Insert Bickford fuse. Detonator long 40 mm, wall 1 mm from soft Copper, Cu tube 6/8 mm. If you have ammonium perchlorate, you not need look any primary substance, which trashed the fingers. ......LL......:cool:

[Edited on 22-2-2017 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top