Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: My house got raided today.
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

Mood: Baffled

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 09:34

Quote: Originally posted by hyfalcon  
Quote: Originally posted by Little_Ghost_again  

My own view is fuckem.......

As I pick myself back up off the floor and dry my eyes.... Are you sure you're just 14?! Damn if that's not my outlook about it and I"m 53. I guess if you've starred death in the face before, you don't sweat the small stuff.:cool:

Wish I could spell!:P

[Edited on 8-10-2014 by hyfalcon]

I know I keep saying it but, I know I aint going to get better. So unlike 99.9% of all people, I am truly a FREE PERSON,
As I said elsewhere........What the fuck can anybody do to me that would make things worse?
Say I was taken to court, in the Uk by the time the trial came around I would

1) be too sick to attend

2) have to be dug up to attend

3) Play the pity card :D

4) tell them to go fuck off I done nothing wrong.

As for the nuclear thing in the other post, if you seriously think nuclear weapons are the ultimate then you would have been a earth is flat person in the dark ages.

Nuclear is currently top dog weapon, but there IS something with more power, logic tells us that. In the beginning there was a big bang, what ever went bang created radio activity etc, ergo there is something else even bigger and more powerful.
We are searching for particles that no one even suspected 25 years ago.
100 years time who knows what we might find out.

Everything is a circle, things will get better. Especially after Ebola wipes 70% of the population off the map over the next five years.

Have a read of the 'HOT ZONE' editions 1 and 3 available on the net as pdf, factual book written over 10 years ago way before anybody had really even heard about Ebola. if your lazy just read the page 3rd edition
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 10:34

The hot zone was not written before we knew about Ebola. In fact it is based on the Reston, VA monkey house Ebola incident.
TheAlchemistPirate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Enigmatic

[*] posted on 10-10-2014 at 09:52

I didn't say that nuclear weapons are the end-game weapons of humanity. I said that they are weapons with more power in a few people's hands than anything else in history. There is no point in denying that. Also, Ebola isn't a threat...Did you hear me? ITS NOT A FREAKING THREAT! Its just another overplayed story for the media, just like 9/11, just like the titanic, and just like Japan's threat to the US in WW2. I wouldn't even consider it as bad as those things, as you are probably 1000 times more likely to die from the flu than even suffer Ebola. What about AIDS? I don't see thousands of news stories about it killing people.

"Is this even science anymore?!"
franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-10-2014 at 10:13
Ebola Reston

does not cause disease in humans.
The forerunner Ebola Zaire did.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/13/ebola-virus-interfe...

Here is what the author of The Hot Zone , Richard Preston had to say 2 months back :
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/08/11/outbreak

" The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets "
Your head gets cold getting there , then to defray flack to keep you alive to reach the target.

TheAlchemistPirate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Enigmatic

[*] posted on 10-10-2014 at 11:15

I figure that if you are close enough to flak fire to need special armor, you.'re probably screwed either way. But I'm not an expert on suicide bombing :D .

"Is this even science anymore?!"
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

Mood: Baffled

[*] posted on 11-10-2014 at 12:10

Quote: Originally posted by franklyn  
does not cause disease in humans.
The forerunner Ebola Zaire did.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/13/ebola-virus-interfe...

Here is what the author of The Hot Zone , Richard Preston had to say 2 months back :
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/08/11/outbreak

" The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets "
Your head gets cold getting there , then to defray flack to keep you alive to reach the target.

Actually Reston was shown to be a mutation of zaire. Reston while not lethal to man (at that point) did infect 4 people.

The Hot zone first edition deals with Ebola from the Zaire point and ends at reston, third edition is more Reston focused.
The Author has said what he has been told to say.
Funny how two people discovered it and only one (the nutter) talks about it, he also went off to study 'other virus'.
The other Guy still has connections to CDC etc.
The Jax family are USAF and therefore will say jack shit. Come back in 6 months to this thread, lets leave it for now.

Actually I doubt he wrote that, his third Ed was full of spellings errors etc but factually accurate except on one point, originally it was said 8 proteins in all three editions, actually it has seven, but I cant see him writing about 10 proteins. With that number it would no longer be a filo virus. Strange he would be so far out in an article when he has always stated the old version of 8

[Edited on 11-10-2014 by Little_Ghost_again]
Chemosynthesis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-10-2014 at 20:23

Quote:
Actually Reston was shown to be a mutation of zaire. Reston while not lethal to man (at that point) did infect 4 people. The Hot zone first edition deals with Ebola from the Zaire point and ends at reston, third edition is more Reston focused. The Author has said what he has been told to say. Funny how two people discovered it and only one (the nutter) talks about it, he also went off to study 'other virus'. The other Guy still has connections to CDC etc. The Jax family are USAF and therefore will say jack shit. Come back in 6 months to this thread, lets leave it for now. Actually I doubt he wrote that, his third Ed was full of spellings errors etc but factually accurate except on one point, originally it was said 8 proteins in all three editions, actually it has seven, but I cant see him writing about 10 proteins. With that number it would no longer be a filo virus. Strange he would be so far out in an article when he has always stated the old version of 8
Reston can infect people, but is considered non-pathogenic. One reason is indeed a variant of the VP35 protein. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2917615/ Why the divergence between 7 and 8 is due to novel (possibly experimental artifact) structural functions of sGP. This is somewhat contentious and glycoprotein people are finicky. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21987767/

No idea where 10 came from. I count NP, VP35, VP40, GP/sGP, VP30, VP24, and L. That is translational order.
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 14-10-2014 at 15:00

There should be a post for this discussion. Has one already been started someplace?

Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 14-10-2014 at 15:55

Richard Preston actually gave a speech at my school a few years ago. It was very interesting learning about his research.

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
Hawkguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Body is Ready

[*] posted on 14-10-2014 at 17:25

This discussion changes so much over the 2 pages, I had to check on the second to see if I was on the same thread... :D
hyfalcon
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-10-2014 at 04:27

Agreed, there's a serious thread drift going on here.
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 16-10-2014 at 14:37

Back to the original topic, is everything running ok for you now?

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top