Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Could you possibly put in a timed logout feature?
Edward Elric
Hazard to Self

Mood: seraphic

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 07:44
Could you possibly put in a timed logout feature?

I check this forum often when i'm at college and i'm wondering if you could put in a timed logout feature incase i forget to logout.

People like to snoop around in other peoples stuff. so i wish there was a way i instantly was logged off without doing it.

☣ - Full Metal Alchemist - ☣
Del Rocco
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 11:33

"I'm a forgetful fellow, so would you mind going through lots of trouble at the expense of your time to make my life a breeze and cater to my every little need to keep me secure and out of possible trouble from my ever nosey colleagues and professors?" [/translation]

Sad. Your nose is running a little bit. Shall I get that for you?

Yeah, I can be an ass, but it's one button to click on your screen, Ed. Just don't forget.
Edward Elric
Hazard to Self

Mood: seraphic

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 12:01

*Picks up sludgehammer* slams your mother fucking head into the ground.

*grabs you by the hair*

*slits your neck*

*grabs a jar*
*takes out your organs with a steel knife*
*puts them in jar*

have a nice day! :)

you can be an ass, I don't mind. Long as i can be quiet, happy and sickly demented while having fun all together with it..

[Edited on 11-5-2005 by Edward Elric]

☣ - Full Metal Alchemist - ☣
Del Rocco
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 12:24

Ed, don't take things so personal. Many youngsters have been through this already and it works out without many problems. It can be a little shocking at first, but once you start to devolope more sweat glands and hair under the arms and in places Momma shouldn't look at anymore the emotions should pan out a little bit. You're doing fine.

Daddy will be home very soon so you might want to replace the "sludge" hammer back in the garage before he sees you playing with it. It's not a toy. We wouldn't want you to get grounded from the X box or the Playstation 2, now would we?

(I was only being realistic in my first reply to you, Ed. In chemistry you can't forget little details, they can sometimes harm you or others when you do. Take every little thing into consideration before during and after, much like logging out of the SM board. Now take this as is intended or show more of your immature self. No matter to me but the Mods may not appreciate it all that much.)

[I like sickly demented. Work on that. :D. It may fit us both]

[Edited on 11/5/2005 by Del Rocco]
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 12:26

Um...okay.

S'a common board feature. Admins are supposed to be gracious and at the very least research doing such things in return for a "thank you". I also notice you are NOT the admin, Rocco.

Tim
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Del Rocco
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 12:34

No, thank you, never an admin. I do have an opinion, though. May I voice it? Thank you again. I'll PM you the next time I have something to say for your approval, 12AX7.
12AX7
Post Harlot

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 12:47

Not a problem; I can be as much as asshole as you are. Just FYI.

Tim

[Edited on 11-5-2005 by 12AX7]
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Del Rocco
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 13:14

Good. Now go home and get your shinebox, Tim.
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 14:10

What is up with you guys lately? All this arguing and bickering. And some people have to stick their fingers into every smelly pie that comes about, incensing things further.... How about some restraint, and playing out your little quarrels privately, rather than cluttering up the board? Anyway - more quarrelling and this thread is gone.

On topic - the problem is that if i.e. the timeout is 20 min, then one'd have to relogin. But what for instance if you are typing up a post that takes longer than 20 min? It would be lost unless it is cached - and this'd have to be programmed into the software I suppose.

Personally I think forcing everyone to relogin all the time is more of a hassle than some having to log out when they are on a public computer.

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Phel
Hazard to Self

Mood: viscous creep

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 14:20

I don't see where the problem lies. Viewing the forum when not logged in, then if one wants to answer: log in, answer, log out. As simple as that.
Other than Whimsy and U2U's, logging in isn't neccesary to view all threads if I recall correctly?

By the way, using Firefox, I believe one can choose to not save any password information for certain webpages under the category Password Administration.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 11-5-2005 at 18:25
There is a timed logout feature of sorts.

The timeout is set to many days, though. Your cookies take that long to expire. I could probably modify the timeout, but it would be the same for everyone, and I think that short timeouts inconvenience more people than long timeouts do. If you don't want to forget to log out of public computers, don't log in. If you want to write a message without logging in, type in your username and password on the message composition page. You won't be logged in and no compromising account information will remain on the computer you use.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
12AX7
Post Harlot

[*] posted on 18-5-2005 at 01:56

Oh yeah, speaking of suggestions - could you please add an ALT+S feature to send/edit posts?

Tim

Go To Top