Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TROLLS
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

Mood: Baffled

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 08:10
TROLLS

You will now get upto 2 years prison in the uk for being a internet troll! currently you can get 6 months!
What the fuck happened to free speech? FFS what a loads of bollox, if you dont like what people tweat you press the fucking ignore button. No instead they got to make such a big deal out of it we loose another freedom.
If you are too delicate to take shit from the internet stay the fuck off it, I am sick of having my rights to be abusive in the privacy of my own internet invaded by thin skinned bleaters................ seriously if you cant take a few harsh words on twitter etc they stop fucking tweeting your sad arsed life to the rest of us.
And No I dont have twitter I do my trolling here in comfort!
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 08:37

It is unlikely that they will go after everyone who says anything
harsh on the internet. A jury still gets to hear the case and
decide if there is any validity to the complaint. I think this
is for the more excessive cases which amount to harassment.
There are similar laws in the US and they only apply when
someone is actively harassing someone else (at least here).
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 08:41

Yeah, how many people on the internet are actually going to get so upset by a troll that they take legal action? Internet users are too lazy for that.

Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 08:49

Just don't feed them . . .

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 08:58

I agree - we should nurture and protect our trolls! God bless you Little Ghost.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 09:45

Five people just got 6 months in uk for saying shit on twitter! Over here a few minor celebs are making a huge deal out of it and the reaction has lead to a promise to increase prosecution.
Yes jury but a jury just decides if you did it or not, if you write I will kill you and they prove you wrote that then the jury will find yu guilty, the judge looks at his list of sentences he is advised to use and bang 2 years for writing stupid shit most likely while most people are pissed.
It annoys me that the simple answer is just press ignore on twitter, job done. Why the fuck do we need a law? I would much prefer the trolls have there addresses posted on the internet :D a much better deterent and keep prisons less crowded.
Some dont get just how much fun there can be in troll baiting, I love winding them up :D.
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 12:59

There is a fine line between troll baiting and troll feeding, which should most definitely not be crossed.

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
blogfast25
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 13:12

Quote: Originally posted by Little_Ghost_again  
Five people just got 6 months in uk for saying shit on twitter!

That certainly sounds excessive. But the devil is in the details and if what was said/twitted/written was libellous, then I agree with the prosecutions.

Some argue freedom of speech protects everyone against saying/writing anything but that isn't right: it's possible to do real damage to a person by publishing demonstrable and damaging lies about them or by publicly inciting hatred/discrimination against them and neither should go unprosecuted.

[Edited on 19-10-2014 by blogfast25]

Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 13:24

They basically made threats of violence and rape etc. Take the right to talk shit away from people and you also take away FREEDOM and the chance to protect Freedom.
No word should be punished, destroying someone with lies is way different to talking bollox and making threats. Are we the public so fucking pathetic we need this protection? Or is this a way for others to take away the freedom of free speech via the back door?
The bit I dont get is these prosecutions were based on things said on twitter, the solution was simple all they had to do was press ignore. Something very very wrong with a government that feels the need to impose a sentence of two years in a prison for something that can be solved so easily.

Maybe its me but it really makes me nervous
AsocialSurvival
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 13:44

Aww...the similar thing happened to me a month ago. I was contacted by some agent of the ______ regional police, and I am suspected for harrassment, torture, and exortion. Guess why? Because I sent some messagess to one small doll. Police said that I'm gonna be charged and that they are in the midst of locating me. Guess which country? Canada! The same people who arrested founder of one website which shows tortures, blood, murders, abuses... (I'm scared to say it here which site and which police and which girl)
He said that I've broken the criminal code of Canada. OMG, I am in Europe and they are gonna arrest me for breaking the Canada's criminal law? Is it possible? I've never been in Canada!

All because of this toy:
2014_7.jpg - 27kB

[Edited on 19-10-2014 by AsocialSurvival]
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 15:31

I'm laughing so hard that I can't breath right now.

Brain&Force
Hazard to Lanthanides

Mood: Incommensurately modulated

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 18:25

I'm torn as to whether this is just a picture of AsocialSurvival herself(?), this is a joke, or this is a real story.

Neither No Tears Only Dreams Now nor I have found an image match.

Let's hire Polverone to find out.

[Edited on 20.10.2014 by Brain&Force]

At the end of the day, simulating atoms doesn't beat working with the real things...
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 19-10-2014 at 19:54

In the US it is against federal law to threaten or extort
someone using an interstate communications facility but it
is seldom used except in extreme cases. The police generally
have better things to do. However there are occasional show
cases to remind people not to threaten to kill other people.
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-10-2014 at 04:48

The doll above is real, it was used to trap sex offenders sending messages to what they thought were an under age girl (the doll above). It was set up as a webcam thing.
Any 14 year old kid (probably because we have better eyesight) could have advised the pedos that one she is minging and 2 if that looks real to you why not just go buy a barbie doll and talk dirty to that? At least barbie looks more life like.

3 years ago when I lived in Devon UK, my friend had an older brother (22), he had a girlfriend and they had a young baby. They were always arguing and my friend often found his older brother back home and living in his bedroom.
One day after a bad argument my friends brother went out and got totally pissed, he sent the girl friends threats of this and that.
She being as upset and pissed off with him as he was with her called the police and complained. He was arrested and despite her speaking up for him at his trial some 4 months later he was given a IPP sentence.
In the uk a IPP sentence Stands for Indeterminate Public Protection, and is basically a sentence equivalent to life to some. He has had to go on anger management courses etc etc and will not get out until considered safe. 3 years on to today. He is till inside and next parole hearing 2016.
Apparently he isnt the only one on his wing in for similar things.
Laws and rules are ok as long as you dont leave it to idiots to administer.

Go To Top