Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Transmitting images or tv-broadcasting signals into electrical charges
saps
Hazard to Self

Mood: disgruntled

[*] posted on 25-6-2005 at 05:52
Transmitting images or tv-broadcasting signals into electrical charges

I fully understand how an electronic television works but do not understand how to Transmit images or tv-broadcasting signals into electrical charges without a cruddy old Nipkow disc. Can anybody help me?
Mr. Wizard
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-6-2005 at 06:37

If you fully understand how an electronic television works, then you understand how the images are transmitted. The Nipkow disk was an earlier technology that was replaced by the electronic camera. I don't think we should type out an essay on television here, when someone else has done the job already. Is there some specific item you don't understand?
Try Google or look here:
http://www2.fht-esslingen.de/telehistory/tv23-32.html#1932

FrankRizzo
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-6-2005 at 15:19

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/tv.htm
Archimede
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-6-2005 at 19:33

Forget about the Nipkow disc. That was more like an experiment. The basis is simple... a video camera scan the all picture by lines about 30 screens per second and gives you out a signal (composite) then you need an RF transmitter to broadcast it into the air to a certain frequency with your signal modulated in it.
You can find cheap micro videocameras and small 'solid state' low power transmitter that you can use for a very short range. Is that what you are looking for?

Go To Top