Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: New FTP
denatured
Hazard to Others

Mood: HCl 50%?

[*] posted on 15-7-2005 at 01:53

Now uploading
Advanced Organic Chemistry Reactions,Mechanisms and Structure : Fourth Edition by Jerry March

I have splitted the file into 8 pieces(each one is approximately 190 pgs) because the original file is 95MB which is very difficult for me to upload it.

Files:
Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 1.7z
Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 2.7z
Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 3.7z
Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 4.7z
Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 5.7z
Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 6.7z
Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 7.7z
Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 8.7z

The files are compressed by 7-zip utility which is included in "Software" folder, install it, uncompress & start reading!

denatured
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-7-2005 at 02:26

Upload Complete

I also uploaded "Schizophrenia, 2nd Edition" in the "other" directory, if anyone interested in the subject:)

I don't know but is this the right thread for ftp updates?

MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 22-7-2005 at 13:22
FTP access

Yes it is. Work has kept me away from the computer lately. Existing accounts have
been updated for new folders. After work, I'll start creating new accounts according
to request order.

New accounts have just been added and members U2Ued. I won't be able to work with
the FTP until next week. I'll be adding more accounts then.

[Edited on 23-7-2005 by MadHatter]

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 26-7-2005 at 19:14

These two files are corrupt and will not uncompress. Can you re-upload working ones please?

Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 1.7z
Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 8.7z

Also there is a file in /CHEMISTRY - OTHER/ titled megalomania's controversial chem lab - backup - upped by cyclonite4.zip which is also corrupt. Could whoever sent it in re-up this one also?

These three files are on Madhatter's FTP.

Also, does anyone have an e-book of "Sax, Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials, eighth edition" (or any other edition)?

[Edited on 27-7-2005 by IrC]
denatured
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-7-2005 at 01:23

/upload/Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 1 Retry 3.7z

/upload/Advanced Organic Chemistry Part 8 Retry 2.7z

IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-7-2005 at 06:50

Thanks alnokta, now the book is complete.
Lambda
National Hazard

Mood: Euforic Online

[*] posted on 27-7-2005 at 07:59
Request for: Sax's Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials CD-ROM, 11th Edition

About 7 years ago, I bought the hard-copy of "Sax" for about $1000. Since there is a CD-ROM version available nowadays for about $600, there is no point in making a scan. I have been searching the internet for many years without success.

If anybody can lay there hands on the CD-ROM version, I will give him/her a free tour through the "Red light" district of Amsterdam, and you may screw yourself a Herpies.

Sax's Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials CD-ROM,
11th Edition, edited by Richard J. Lewis, Sr.
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-7-2005 at 11:30

I would be happy with an older version if that was all there was around. I looked at a new one after Polverone mentioned it, but I just cannot see that much money for it. You know they do not invest that kind of cash renewing the version year after year, they probably reclaimed their original investment in the book in the first edition. Just like the 20,000 dollar toilet seat some people are just to damn greedy for my taste. I wonder is Sax also makes those toilet seats the military buys. The single biggest reason for piracy in the world begins with the pirates making the product and charging so much it forces people to look for other pirates to get it to them at an afordable cost. Just like windoze, if the price was fair in the first place there would be fewer copies made.
Lambda
National Hazard

Mood: Euforic Online

[*] posted on 27-7-2005 at 13:14
A multi million dollar shit

IrC, have you heard about that Japanies business guy, he shits on a solid Gold toilet of $9.000.000. And what about the Cape Canaveral astronauts, they have some real fun on a $20.000.000 seat,.....what a hell of a shit must they have. Yeh, this one is a real ass scracher, isn't it ? Sorry about this, but I just had to drop this one in.

Indeed, "Sax" did the pioneering work, and since then it has all been "et al", "et al"....etc. Sax has deserved a good pension, don't you think ? Richard J. Lewis (Sr) is doing a fine job at it, I would say.
MadHatter
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-7-2005 at 01:25
Server downtime

The FTP server was down due to an extended power outage(9 hours). Sadly, even
my UPS backups won't last that long.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
MadHatter
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-7-2005 at 13:14
VIDEO

I haven't had any new account requests so far. About 100 current FTP accounts exist
right now. I'm adding a new subdirectory - VIDEO. The only drawback is that video
clips tend to take up alot of space. Not to worry. I can always add another drive or use
some space on the internal harddrive if necessary. Besides I have an older 120 GB
internal drive not currently in use. Just have to find a way to hook it in because all
available slots/connections are taken up at the moment. I'll update all accounts for access
to the VIDEO subdirectory when I have more time.

sarcosuchus
Harmless

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 1-10-2005 at 17:59
the archive of doom

This is a long shot but here goes.If any body has problems connecting to the ftp,its my fault..im going to try uploading about 30 gigs at once if this works 50 more will follow.I hope no one minds the bad spelling you may find due to lack of sleep on my part.80 hour work weeks are to blame.as for me its back to sleep.

famous last words\"hold my beer and watch this\"
sarcosuchus
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-10-2005 at 10:57

Well so far ive been able to upload about 8 gigs worth.its going vary slow due to my 5+year old pc.But there is a lot of good files for everybody.I just have one question does anybody know how to force filezilla to transfer files at a faster rate,or stay at say 150 kbs.Ive been messing with the settings but nothing yet that seems to work very well. :mad:

Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 5-10-2005 at 11:14

I've never had trouble with FileZilla being especially slow. Do you actually have a connection that will permit uploads at 150 kbps? Most residential broadband connections have much slower upload speeds than download speeds.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
sarcosuchus
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-10-2005 at 12:32

I am on a fiber optic line,that allows me to download 300 megs in about 35 seconds or there about.I have talked to my tech support guy many times he thinks it my OS (windows ME).Its my upload speed that drives me nuts(max 120-150kbs):mad::mad::mad: you never know maybe its the MIB types:D
Hopefully soon Ill be going to win2k and dump winME.. At any rate uploading for me just takes for ever...

neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 6-10-2005 at 13:25

I would have to agree with him, ME is about the bottom rung of the OSs that have come out in the last decade. It might not be the cause of problem, though. Try burning a Linux LiveCD and testing your upload speeds with that. I personally recommend KNOPPIX.
denatured
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 05:38

Then thats why i'm unable to connect at all... you are killing Madhatter's bandwidth

sarcosuchus
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 12:56

I am very sorry for trashing madhatters bandwidth and any problems that may be causing people.As for the knoppix website my german is a little limited so im not sure what to click on.this OS has got me so paranoid its not funny.I never do more than two things at once for fear that it will crash on me.It takes my pc about 25 min.to restart.At any rate theres only about 4 more gigs to go for this session and ill give his ftp a break for a couple of days.

Phel
Hazard to Self

Mood: viscous creep

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 16:06

The book Chemistry of precious Metals is corrupt. Can someone upload it again? Thanks in advance!

I'd also like to know if the Encyclopedia of Chromatography is complete and working?
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-10-2005 at 12:01

On axehandles ftp my dsl downloads at 167 kilobytes per second. I am sitting here watching one file, chemistry1.zip, come in on madhatters at under 2k/sec with only 96 hours left to go. Right now this is all that is going on other than making this post so nothing else could be bothering my bandwidth. I thought he was going to stay off madhatters a couple days? It would take me a thousand hours to get the whole chemistry zip file set so obviously it is not worth the trouble.
sarcosuchus
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-10-2005 at 16:33

My connection to madhatters ftp has been yo-yoing from 120kbs to 2kbs.Its very fustrating for me trying to get my pc to do what I want it to.As for upsetting people this was the last thing I was trying to do.So i am going to lay off any uploading untill i work out my own problems with my machine.I was just trying to share what ive spent 3 1/2 years collecting with people that I thought would appreciate the material.

IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-10-2005 at 18:28

I am glad you are putting up books and information, that is the main reason I go online to science site's is building my library. Have you thought about putting some of it on axehandles so that the load is spread between two ftp's?

[Edited on 9-10-2005 by IrC]
MadHatter
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-10-2005 at 08:14
FTP

The original idea was to take pressure off other FTPs and libraries(axehandle, BromicAcid,
Eliteforum). IIRC, axehandle's FTP has an upload speed of 1.5 mbps - about twice that of mine.
FileZilla allows me to set speed limits but I turn them off to allow the full upload speed. The
same can be said about the number of connections allowed per user. It's set to no limit It's
1st come 1st serve. There are times when alot of users are accessing and the bandwidth
slice per user will be small. Sometimes, there's only 1 user who will be downloading at full
speed. I haven't had any problems with my ISP over bandwidth but I can't get a faster upload
speed either.

Eclectic
National Hazard

Mood: Obsessive

[*] posted on 30-10-2005 at 09:27

MadHatter, do you have any way to generate an "allfiles" on your FTP?
Also, what's happening with "Hydrazine and It's Derivatives"?
Dream of the iris
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-12-2005 at 10:57

Quote:
Originally posted by alnokta
These files need hosting :

http://gamekeeper.deds.nl/pdf.html

Just a thought came to my mind after MadHatter FTP is online.

\"Woah! Ok, you\'re now shooting your imaginary friend in front of 400 gallons of nitroglycern!\"
-Tyler Durden, Fight Club
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top