Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: bug identification please anyone?
rebecca
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

wink.gif posted on 25-10-2014 at 17:17
bug identification please anyone?

Would any one know what this is. its as small as my pinky fingernail. has 8 legs so must be some kind of spidery mite thing. its moves very fast and it appeared on my arm after i brushed up against my climbing rose bush which is covered in Aphids at the moment. i had it in a jar overnight but it died. or it was playing dead because it came back to life later on in the day after i took photos. sorry my camera is shocking.
it seemed to use its first two legs for feeling around. i found that interestingits body did not look segmented like a spiders and it was difficult to see eyes. its body had a green sheen which looked kind of blue but it was really red. it has two small little mouth parts which kind of looked fangy but it did not bite me at all that im aware of

2014-10-17 10.14.49-3-1.jpg - 4kB 2014-10-17 10.14.49-3-1.jpg - 4kB 2014-10-17 10.14.49-3-1.jpg - 4kB
Hawkguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Body is Ready

[*] posted on 26-10-2014 at 09:07

I think its Insectus Uglyus from Hellus... :D
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 26-10-2014 at 15:03

What part of the world...

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

forgotpassword
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-10-2014 at 15:04

It looks like a mite, Erythraeidae.

Go To Top