Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: monoammonium phosphate
tumadre
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-7-2005 at 22:50
monoammonium phosphate

does annyone know why this is used in A B C type fire extinquishers? how does it put out a fire? and secondly what will it react with to make more useful chemicals?
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 16-7-2005 at 11:55
"fire extiguisher rating info"

tumadre ...here is some info on your request but leave the madre out of it......but the reply is " la tuya"......solo

Class A extinguishers are for ordinary combustible materials such as paper, wood, cardboard, and most plastics. The numerical rating on these types of extinguishers indicates the amount of water it holds and the amount of fire it can extinguish.
Class B fires involve flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline, kerosene, grease and oil. The numerical rating for class B extinguishers indicates the approximate number of square feet of fire it can extinguish.
Class C fires involve electrical equipment, such as appliances, wiring, circuit breakers and outlets. Never use water to extinguish class C fires - the risk of electrical shock is far too great! Class C extinguishers do not have a numerical rating. The C classification means the extinguishing agent is non-conductive.
Class D fire extinguishers are commonly found in a chemical laboratory. They are for fires that involve combustible metals, such as magnesium, titanium, potassium and sodium. These types of extinguishers also have no numerical rating, nor are they given a multi-purpose rating - they are designed for class D fires only.

.......read more here,

http://www.fire-extinguisher101.com/

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
tumadre
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-7-2005 at 00:06

yes.....

I want to know how to (ab)use the 40 pounds of this stuff i have. will it elelectrolize in water? what if lead acetate is in the water, would it produce leadphosphate and amonium acetate? or can I heat it with carbon? what would that produce? will it react with sodium or aluminium or sulfuric acid, it might, it also would help if someone could give me a reason to make amonium sulfate vs. amonium aceetate; I have the 40 pounds because I set up the fire extinquisher as a holding tank for liquid Cl2... that gives me an idea, will amonium phosphate react with liquid Cl2 under 300 psi or is that a "warning risk of permanent bodily injury":D:o;)
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 18-7-2005 at 06:48

You can always reduce it with carbon and/or aluminum and/or magnesium and/or silica to make white phosphorous.

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top