Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Beta-asarone
DP
Harmless

Mood: Cranky ;)

[*] posted on 27-7-2005 at 12:59
Beta-asarone

I plan to distil more Calamus oil soon and hopefully things will go well, but purchasing Beta-asarone would be much better. Does anyone know of a good source in the US for it besides the major chemical companies? I only need like 50ml.
prole
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 12:20

You might try an online auction house. It is found in good supply, I've paid $55.00 (US) for 16oz., plus shipping, around $8.00 US.
Sorry, I see that you're asking for beta-asarone, not calamus oil. I'm referring to the crude oil. Have you tried vacuum distillation?

[Edited on 4-8-2005 by prole]
DP
Harmless

Mood: Cranky ;)

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 12:36

Yep, I've tried vacuum distillation, but I had doubts about the oil I had obtained because it was a very pale yellow. I think I distilled way too fast though. :( I found a company in China that has Beta-asarone, but they told me they can’t offer it at the present time. I have no idea why and didn’t inquire further.
resonance
Harmless

Mood: tired

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 14:22

you really need to check it's the indian variety or one similiar and not from russia or nepal/europe , thre' reports out there which give more details... but some strains have jack asarone

Go To Top