Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Wanted: Professional opinion on suspect "evidence"
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 26-11-2014 at 14:38

Personally i am not qualified to evaluate your work.

If you want to send a zip of it, i will hold on to it for you, and hopefully find a good home for it one day.

U2U if this ends up being a useful avenue.

MrBlank1
Hazard to Self

Mood: Inadvertantly aloof?

[*] posted on 26-11-2014 at 16:01

Above: I submit my reasoning for my course of actions to gather data, in the hope that said data is relevant/worthwhile.

Thanking you for your aid and support, MrBlank1

AAAAA = Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse
MrBlank1
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-11-2014 at 19:10

In the name of making people aware, the police and courts are not above using the law to hold one's family to ransom, if one is not willing to concede/admit guilt. I urge all, consider this accordingly.

Update: I now plan to request that I be allowed to plea not guilty, and instantly pronounced guilty, and given the maximum sentence the law allows, without right to appeal. Accordingly, I can not allow another to be persecuted for my actions, and will defend them to the fullest extent of my ability, if reconsideration of the situation fails to rectify said situation.

If I'm a cook, an example must be set, let it be one worth setting.
If I'm not, and a sacrifice must be made, let it be one worth making.

"No greater honor..."

[Edited on 27-11-2014 by MrBlank1]

Jekyll
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-11-2014 at 01:31

Lots of good stuff on the internet on the cross-examination of forensic chemists in drug cases. For example:

http://www.thetruthaboutforensicscience.com/mass-spectroscop...

Attachment: The State's Science.pdf (607kB)
This file has been downloaded 591 times

[Edited on 28-11-2014 by Jekyll]

[Edited on 28-11-2014 by Jekyll]
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

Mood: Baffled

[*] posted on 28-11-2014 at 03:10

Just a thought, do you know what wet tests they used on site? I use some drug testing stuff for detecting plant alkaloids and such, you would be amazed what sends a wet test off in the plant world!
I have had a type of lettuce that according to some tests is MDMA!!
But above all get a decent legal person and ask for full disclosure of all tests done and all results, especially the results they got that made them do some retests ;).

Dont ask me, I only know enough to be dangerous
MrBlank1
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-11-2014 at 08:32

I'm pretty sure they rolled through with Marquis+Simon's. And the raman is at 77%. I'm pretty sure they are meth-cat. The acetominophen has me thinking. The *CMP I refute as error, due to immutable laws of science. But not being good at this stuff, I'm not sure if any false positives explain these

Methylamphetamine = N-methyl-1-phenylpropan-2-amine
*CMP = 1-(1',4'-cyclohexadienyl)-2-methylamino-
propane
Pseudoephedrine = (S,S)-2-methylamino-1-phenylpropan-1-ol.

[Edited on 28-11-2014 by MrBlank1]

MrBlank1
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 17:28

Above posters: Thank you very much for the information, will peruse and heed accordingly.

update : went to court, awaiting "full disclosure"?. As far as legal allowance re:category 1's, I'm informed that I've taken the wording out of context. I used most likely dictionary definition. My bad, I'm screwed :P.

Peeps is saying i might be autistic. Me thinks they be trying to steal my culpability, which is unacceptable of course. Will update when needed.

WGTR
National Hazard

Mood: Outline

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 18:18

Your posts read as if you are mildly autistic. I wasn't going to say that, but since you brought it up... That isn't a negative observation, just that the rest of the world may not see things the way you do.

It looks like you're ruminating incessantly over recent developments in your life, trying to fit them all into a grandly unified theory of how the world works. That's an effective way of giving oneself a cranial meltdown. It's like software stuck in a loop that it can't seem to exit from. Find a good lawyer, and accept whatever fate awaits you. You're over-thinking this way more than the people around you.
MrBlank1
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 20:32

thanks for your much appreciated input. Will try to switch off, but it's been a year tomorrow, and I just can't move forward until this is done. Will try some diversions, like old coding books maybe. Thanks for your help.

MrBlank1
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 00:53

anyone else see what WGTR sees'? just curious...

forgottenpassword
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 06:27

Quote: Originally posted by MrBlank1  
anyone else see what WGTR sees'? just curious...
The fact that you're asking probably suggests something?! :D I jest. Don't talk yourself into a mental illness, mate. Americans seem keen to do so, and to see it in other people. I believe it's part and parcel of the "define the disease; sell the cure" mentality of their commercially-motivated medical system.

I don't know what all this is about, but get over it and move on, when you can. There's nothing wrong with obsessing about something that's important to you. When the need to obsess about something is removed, you'll find that you're actually a normal person. Don't get yourself on a stupidly-long course of drugs for no reason. Take care.

[Edited on 5-12-2014 by forgottenpassword]
MrBlank1
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 05:31

above: actually, it means the opposite, due to correct diagnosis. No more rage meds at the very least, so far.

WGTR: +1 for calling it. Friends I asked after your post said "We thought you knew".

Now, this one is perspective-probability based, with some pre-amble for context and numerical reasons. Akabori thread on this site can give more.

1a. Being questioned at scene, I gave the following figures relating to possible racemic ephedrines on site.
- Between 0-250-2000 depending on success/findings. 90% Normal extraction efficiency in relevant forensic studies, 80% allowing for my "clumsiness" and lack of precise quantitative isolation.
1b. I stated anything less, and I am not a chemist, if I cant replicate published data. 1 officer confirmed "drugs aside, I'm a chemist, not a cook".

2. The lab report shows 42 samples of varying quantities, none over 43g, giving a total of 202.x grams of total racemic ephedrines. (80+1)%.

3. The law states for cat.1 chems, "37g or more in seized sample," with ephedrine and pseudo-ephedrine being specified separately.

Are these all coincidence? Along with the five false positives?.(mentioned earlier)

4a.And the portrayal of an energizer lithium battery minus casing under shellite(9 months old) as being 13.8 grams lithium instead of just under 1?. That was destroyed at site with 'sample' taken

4b, Over 7g is serious(felony) offense, msds of substances and presence of "dismantled battery" in lab rubbish show the truth of weight. Battery-Casing+3mL Shellite I used. Any less would react in air, more would be dripping with shellite.

Submitted for the probability/conspiracy lovers. :)

(ps, tried to re-read and structure my posts better. holler if its working please)

MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 07:19

Quote: Originally posted by MrBlank1  
4a.And the portrayal of an energizer lithium battery minus casing under shellite(9 months old) as being 13.8 grams lithium instead of just under 1?. That was destroyed at site with 'sample' taken

If I understand what you are saying, they are claiming one single battery (AA or AAA I assume) contains 13.8g of lithium metal. This is easily disproven by disassembling another battery or obtaining a statement from Energizer telling the actual lithium metal content of their product. The latter would probably do better in court. Poke as many holes in their case as you can, and it will be easier to convince a judge and jury of your innocence.
MrBlank1
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 07:27

the product msds's already show this on paper, links can be provided.

MrBlank1
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 15-12-2014 at 09:37

to clarify, 13.8g of solids admixture (hetero-genus) is being portrayed as "consistent" with 13.8g lithium.
Said admixture was 'shellite' (naptha?), with lithium battery(L91/EA91) minus case(you-tube) weighed down by 2 pieces of glass rod within.
Sample of hetero-genus matter was taken at scene, without being video-taped("clan-lab safety concerns"), before said matter was destroyed, if i have read witness statement properly.

"<1g Li" in 1x (L/EA91) @14.5g - 18-22% + 3x (0.67-0.755g/mL) = approx above weight of 13.8g.
<1gLi in battery-casing+shellite(adhesion,etc) = approx weight, with quantity of shellite being both appropriate, and of narrow 'feasible/realistic variance?"

Presence of a "dismantled battery" in rubbish, in the evidence list was overlooked, including by me, supporting thesis that I had 1 "de-cased battery". I Didn't go through too much solid waste evidently, with casing in lab bin rubbish and Li sample being at least 9 months old (re:akabori time sink). It's like a bittersweet walk down memory lane.

Anyway, would presenting the above maths/"truths" in writing to my lawyer express what needs to be conveyed to adequately show her the chemical reality?

US readers=shellite over there is ?white spirits/light naphtha?( lowest boiling distillite of petroleum? ) it think. Will not upload msds link, to protect brand/manufacturer, even if it is a big international corp. ;)

[Edited on 15-12-2014 by MrBlank1]

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-11-2015 at 22:43

Can you explain what an otherwise rational, law-abiding person would be doing with hundreds of grams of racemic ephedrine and similar compounds? If you can't, you're probably going to have to face a jury.

[Edited on 2-11-2015 by JJay]
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 01:05

MrBlank1 has not been around in a while. He is not likely to see this and give an answer for himself. With that in mind, I will keep my comments brief.
I have had some contact with him since the above event. I would not characterise him as having either criminal or malicious intent. But it does seem that he is the victim of a couple of his own unwise decisions.
I think it is safe to say that his situation is a complex one on many different fronts. The investigation into his experimentation is but one facet. Last I heard he was waiting for the cogs of the legal process too turn but was doing well.
Darkstar
Hazard to Others

Mood: Sleepy

[*] posted on 2-11-2015 at 13:57

I've been wondering what became of his situation for quite some time now. Glad to hear that he's doing okay and hasn't been wrongfully imprisoned yet. I hope everything gets sorted out soon.

[Edited on 11-2-2015 by Darkstar]
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top