Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Laws Affecting Legitimate Amateur Science
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 10:13

I see that this last page contained some fairly broad political discussion. Please keep the discussion focused on issues affecting amateur chemistry.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
grndpndr
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-10-2009 at 01:37

Politics is affecting amateur chemistry! Pretending its not so wont make it go away.If your of the mind politics isnt THE major factor
behind increasingly restrictive laws your simply ignoring the wolf at the door.Absolutely no disrespect intended Polverone but this isnt the first Hobby/Pasttime Ive witnessed that was once a respected /popular national right to be targeted for the bin of history and there were /are far more supporters of that RIGHT.Than the right to keep and bear a lab.My intent isnt to politicize the subject simply to recognize the facts. All Due respect I dont intend to make this my mission which I suspect woud be very short lived I just dont think kidding ourselves is productive either.Thats all I have to say about that.

To plagarize someone else sigline ;land of the free,home of the brave.Right!

[Edited on 5-10-2009 by grndpndr]
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 5-10-2009 at 06:30

Be realistic grndpdr, no democratic government anywhere is going to decide that indulging your avowed interest in high explosives for recreational purposes is anything but a bad idea. . .

Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 5-10-2009 at 08:46

Yes grndpndr, I agree that politics affect amateur science. But the trends that are making governments more controlling and the public more fearful have been operating since well before this decade. Singling out the current administration as the source of our problems is incorrect and likely to lead to partisan argumentation. I didn't want those sorts of arguments here a year ago and I don't want them now either.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 5-10-2009 at 20:18

Anyway, the important thing to remember about regulators is that when you take 'em on a one way boat ride, be sure you are far enough out when you drop 'em overboard they are rigged properly so that they don't wash ashore to stink up the beach a few days later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLOaPNI36Ls&fmt=18
ammonium isocyanate
Hazard to Others

Mood: sick :(

[*] posted on 6-10-2009 at 20:57

I think that you're confusing chemists with kewls.

Also, acetone is used in homemade bombs at least as often as nitric acid. The reason that you can buy it at the hardware store is that it has more household uses than nitric acid.

ketel-one
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-10-2009 at 21:58

Yeah you're right my example barely applied. But still, like I bet iodine and phosphorous would be a lot easier to find if not for a certain HI/P reduction.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top