Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Methylenedioxy 4MAR... Possible?
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-9-2005 at 04:13
Methylenedioxy 4MAR... Possible?

Could one perform an akabori on piperonal to yield MD-PPA then further take this to an MD-4MAR equiv. with sodium cyanate?

With the extended activity of 4MAR, this seems like it could be one interesting phenethylamine...
joe_aldehyde
Hazard to Self

Mood: what is mood?

[*] posted on 13-9-2005 at 05:41

haha...UTFSE ;) i asked that a while ago. sandmeyer said that methoxy-substituted phenyloxazolines have decreased activity compared to the unsubstituted one.
but what about p-fluorophenyl-oxazoline...

ah and forget about akabori, it seems like no one that attempted it ever got something useful out of it, strange enough. condense the aldehyde with nitroethane in presence of a tertiary (alkanol)amine.

[Edited on 13-9-2005 by joe_aldehyde]
Kinetic
Harmless

Mood: fine

[*] posted on 13-9-2005 at 06:09
Europhoric analogues

Quote:
sandmeyer said that methoxy-substituted phenyloxazolines have decreased activity compared to the unsubstituted one.
No he didn't: https://sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=4343

Para-fluoro-4-methylaminorex is not really worth making either. I made it a couple of years ago from 4-fluoropropiophenone. Bandil posted a bioassay of his 4-fluoro-4-MAR at the Hive a couple of years ago too. His synthesis can be found here: http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/para-fluoro-...

My experience was a little better than his, but it was not interesting enough to warrant making it again. There are certainly more interesting things to focus on. I still wonder what 4-ethylaminorex will be like.
joe_aldehyde
Hazard to Self

Mood: what is mood?

[*] posted on 14-9-2005 at 00:24

oh...my apologies, kinetic!

Go To Top