Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Really slow first of the day?
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 15-9-2005 at 14:04
Really slow first of the day?

Most of the time on my first visit of the day to this forum, it takes an ungodly delay before it finally loads the forum page, see attached. What gives?

Tim

LongProcessing.gif - 3kB

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 15-9-2005 at 20:50

I have not experienced this phenomenon. Maybe it's a function of the time of day you get up? Maybe you first log on when it's most popular. Not that that makes a lot of sense if every query but the first is reasonably fast.

We were offline for a while today because one of the forum tables crashed and needed to be repaired, BTW. Hooray for mysql: high performance is always better than high reliability.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 15-9-2005 at 20:59

Glad you patched that back up, was worried for a moment ;)

Yeah only seems to be the first of the day, or first after a couple hours perhaps. I'm mostly checking it at 3pm or later central time, which is usually around rush hour, but this has happened a lot in the morning as well. Afterwards the pages load very quickly (for instance this page was processed in 0.07 seconds). I didn't look but, at this visit (after perhaps three hours of inactivity), the index loaded in maybe two or three seconds. After a half day of sleep and classes between visits, 10 to 30 seconds sounds somewhat proportional.

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top