Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  8
Author: Subject: On the subject of ORMUS
Vlad
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 05:08

I'm not pulling your leg.
I said I can't put the process online, so no details and no reproducibility are nil because it is 100% reproducible and I have details.
No credibility is subjective.

No references - well like I said this turns the forum into a professional science forum then.
not_important
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 05:13

Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

The Red Gold process I learned from the chemical engineer is claimed to create inert diatoms that form a polymer with water.

Please note
Quote:
Diatoms (n):
Single-celled algae, different species of which live in different kinds of water. They secrete silicious skeletons that are morphologically distinct to species. Diatom analysis involves sampling sediments from deep-sea cores or lake sediments and then analysing the species representation at different levels to provide a picture of the changing environment.

It might be better to use the terms di-atoms

Red Gold, besides being a copper-gold alloy with copper being roughly 1/4 to 1/2 the alloy, and a type of potato, is an alchemical term with a half dozen common definitions including several biological ones. It is better to provide definitions for terms archaic, open to multiple definitions, or used in a nonstandard meaning.

Edit
Quote:
I said I can't put the process online, so no details and no reproducibility are nil because it is 100% reproducible and I have details.

Science, amateur or professional, is all about details, methods, and at least attempts at reproducibility. Anything else is not science; it may and art or craft as in the old usage, or it may be storytelling, tale spinning, relating hearsay, or similar.

[Edited on 11-2-2009 by not_important]
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 05:20

I did say: Paracelsus, not (Linus) Pauling.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 07:08

Quote:
I don't believe you that it's reproducible. Insofar as I can tell, it's just your assertion that it's so. Your whole field is tainted with liars, charlatans, and dupes. The baseline respect you might otherwise have expected is absent in this situation. It's your responsibility to convince us that there's something interesting here, and your word is insufficient.
Quote:
No references - well like I said this turns the forum into a professional science forum then.
You are confusing sufficiency and necessity. Professional references would attract the interest of amateur scientists here. Such posting is sufficient to attract such interest. It is not necessary, though, because other things could attract such interest. The most notable sufficient cause would be posting the procedure with enough detail to be reproducible.

So, do you know this procedure personally and are unwilling to publish it? Or is that you've only ever seen it performed reproducibly? Or (and the possibilities for lack of respect are growing) have you just had someone tell you that they're reproduced it? Or even that you've heard from someone else that it's reproducible?
Vlad
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 08:59

Quote:
So, do you know this procedure personally and are unwilling to publish it? Or is that you've only ever seen it performed reproducibly? Or (and the possibilities for lack of respect are growing) have you just had someone tell you that they're reproduced it? Or even that you've heard from someone else that it's reproducible?

I know the procedure and have performed it dozens of times; it is repeatable. I am unwilling to publish it because I don't want it on the net like this on a forum and especially not on Google since posts from this forum show up in a search. I was told the process personally and it is also my belief that the author does not wish the process put online and public in a manner like this.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 09:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
A peer reviewed scientific journal is one in which all articles are submitted for review prior to publication to a referee or referrees who are eminent figures in the specialized subject matter, there is then an exchange between the referree(s) an the autho(s) of the pepr resulting in additions and corrections. When the referrees are satisfied onlyt then is the paper published.

The paper must meet the standards of the journal and follow its format.

Background, references, detailed experimental procedures and results, and analytical data inclusing instrumental analysis are required. For any novel compounds claimed rigorous proof of structure and full physico-chemical characterization is required.

The ultimate test of the credibility of an article is REPRODUCIBILITY. Sufficient information needs to be provided so that the results can be replicated, and if they cannot, the authors will probably stand in the corner wearing dunce's caps. Viz. the authors of the infamous Cold Fusion debacle.

Kattesh Katti of U.Missouri has supposedly filed a US patent application, if so that is a public document. Patents have a somewhat different standard to meet than do scientific peer reviewed journal articles. Katti and colleagues are obviously being entreprenurial (they formed a company) and trying to obtain intellectual property rights is part and parcel of that. So is self promotion like posturing for that puffery in CHEMICAL WORLS.

What I want to see is the hard science in peer reviewed journals.

If there isn't any then, this might as well be the production of Unobtainium, or Gold Kryptonite a la DC Comics.

Because, sedit, THIS is how science is done.

Thats what I thought.
For once as much as it kills me to say it ;) I agree with you fully.
Innerspace
Harmless

cool.gif posted on 11-2-2009 at 09:11
Of laboratory mice and scientific men.

I don't have as much time to post as some here, so allow me to try and clarify. I am indeed an entrepreneur, as has been pointed out. I’m not a scientist by training, but natural observation is the basis of all science. My formal training is in Political Science, Entrepreneurial Business, and design/manufacturing. My business partner is mainly the formally trained engineering aspect of our operations, but that doesn’t mean that I have a lack of topical and applied knowledge.

Unfortunately I think that some here missed the point of my postings. I'm not some new age huckster, and I try not to make unqualified statements. If you’ve read any of the materials I mentioned in regards to the background on these materials then you can see whether or not any of it holds up to your scrutiny. It's unwise to criticize something if you have no basis for it. On the point that the burden of proof is on me, forgive my being naieve, your corrections were warranted in this situation. I’m not here to spar. Spending too much time in an electro magnetic field (your puter) might have made some of you a little testy, I’d recommend more fresh air.

A personal attack is really unprofessional, and contributes little to scientific advancement. Scientific revolutions always occur outside of the mainstream, and discoveries are always made by individual explorers, not dogmatic regurgitations. I'll cite Kuhn's "Structure of Scientific Revolutions." (See Bottom)

The single article I mentioned about cancer and nanocolloidal gold can be found at www.zptech.net/metals-in-medicine.html. Some articles that I have yet to read were mentioned in earlier posts on this thread. ZPTECH is a retailer of these materials, or at least their version of them. I don’t work for or with them, so you can discount that right off the bat. I’m just interested in their applications, as some of you appear to be. You could always call them directly I you want specific data. They’ve been more than happy to provide requested materials to me. I don't outlay capital without diligent research, it's just bad for business. Pretty transparent guys, no strings, no snake oil. Their product is just metalurgy in action. Their claims might lack validity, but that's why we're here isn't it?

On the physics end, it’s not my area. The examples just made sense. In reffering to the observer effect I didn't mean that a human body bears the same effect as a non- localized particle. I was using the analogy in a behavioral capacity. Might have been a bad analogy.

My thanks for the useful observations and criticisms. Compassion and a humble mindset are useful virtues and exist in opposition to arrogance. The Lord Kelvins of the world like to rest on the laurels of their "knowledge"and individual achievements, but they resist new disocveries with great vigor if anything falls to far out of the range of their anchor of acceptance. Classic behavioral analysis and communications theory.

I'll post more in the future when we're actually working with the materials. Until then, I hope there might be some useful discoveries and additions around here. Prost Kameraden!

This sums up my point-
"One aspect of the parallelism must already be apparent. Political revolutions are inaugurated by a growing sense, often restricted to a segment of the political community, that existing institutions have ceased adequately to meet the problems posed by an environment that they have in part created. In much the same way, scientific revolutions are inaugurated by a growing sense, again often restricted to a narrow subdivision of the scientific community, that an existing paradigm has ceased to function adequately in the exploration of an aspect of nature to which that paradigm itself had previously led the way. In both political and scientific development the sense of malfunction that can lead to crisis is prerequisite to revolution. Furthermore, though it admittedly strains the metaphor, that parallelism holds not only for the major paradigm changes, like those attributable to Copernicus and Lavoisier, but also for the far smaller ones associated with the assimilation of a new sort of phenomenon, like oxygen or X-rays. Scientific revolutions, as we noted at the end of Section V, need seem revolutionary only to those whose paradigms are affected by them. To outsiders they may, like the Balkan revolutions of the early twentieth century, seem normal parts of the developmental process. Astronomers, for example, could accept X-rays as a mere addition to knowledge, for their paradigms were unaffected by the existence of the new radiation. But for men like Kelvin, Crookes, and Roentgen, whose research dealt with radiation theory or with cathode ray tubes, the emergence of X-rays necessarily violated one paradigm as it created another. That is why these rays could be discovered only through something’s first going wrong with normal research."(Kuhn 1962);):cool::cool:
sparkgap
International Hazard

Mood: chaotropic

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 09:28

Quote:

I am unwilling to publish it because I don't want it on the net like this on a forum and especially not on Google since posts from this forum show up in a search. I was told the process personally and it is also my belief that the author does not wish the process put online and public in a manner like this.

So there is nothing to discuss, then... what then is this thread for? Certainly, not allowing a disinterested third-party to verify a claim of such-and-such is not conducive to the pursuit of progress.

In which case, since you won't let anyone else verify, this can only result in the trumpeting of the few, of which I believe this fine forum is not intended for.

sparky (~_~)

"What's UTFSE? I keep hearing about it, but I can't be arsed to search for the answer..."
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 11:20

Alchemists were big on secrecy and often encrypted their records, as I recall.

This is incompatible with science. Despite what we owe the alchemists for getting the ball rolling, they were really unscientific in this essential regard. Science is community property.

Vlad
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 11:38

Alchemy? Turning lead to gold? You don't believe it anyway but still...
Monoatomics can be converted back to metal. Extract from a source material that is cheap like some sands and doesn't contain precious metal, and convert the monoatomics to (gold) metal. Possible and been done. Yes unscientific on my part don't believe me if you don't want to but I've seen the pictures and know the process (it's in Hudson's patent one way, and another you may know: burn monoatomics powder with sulfur and add a collecting metal for the gold formed like silver).
Another more interesting facet is the creation of the stone or projection stones, notably powders that transmute metal upon introduction into molten metal like lead or tin or heated mercury.
This is also possible. I don't understand how it works, I think many people who have done this don't understand it either, but it works according to some people I talked to and discussed this with and read from. So this is hearsay.

The real reason imo that there is secrecy has not to do with the fact that there is transmutation going on. It has to do with the ability of these substances to enhance or expand consciousness to a god like state. This was the food of high priests and kings.
You can't just give this to a common person. It's incompatible. That's one reason it's incompatible with science since science is accessible for the common man. (And look how that polluted the world since the industrial revolution)

[Edited on 11-2-2009 by Vlad]
Vlad
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 11:47

The attached picture shows transmuted gold. It was transmuterd and reduced from a solution while still in the testtube. Look closely you will see the gold adheres to the glass of the test tube. The gold was not poured molten into the test tube because the heat would have deformed the glass.

[Edited on 11-2-2009 by Vlad]

gold.jpg - 31kB
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 12:17

Transmutation means changing an element into another element.

Allegedly changing gold into gold is not transmutation.

Shy of high energy physics you will not be transmutating anything at all.

You continue to trip over your own ignorance.

You might want to review what it means to be an element and what the difference is between a chemical process and a nuclear one. Transmutation is a nuclear process. Radioactive decay is a nuclear process. Many radioisotopes eventually decay to lead, naturally in some cases and artificially in others. You would be well advised to obtain a clear idea of what an isotope is as opposed to an element.

watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 12:19
@Vlad

Quote:
I know the procedure and have performed it dozens of times; it is repeatable. I am unwilling to publish it because I don't want it on the net like this on a forum and especially not on Google since posts from this forum show up in a search. I was told the process personally and it is also my belief that the author does not wish the process put online and public in a manner like this.
Why on earth or in heaven or in hell are you asking us to share our time with you when you refuse to share yourself? This really is a kindergarten-level of skill in respect wer're talking about. And then, to compound the problem, you later posted photos of the result of some secret process. My reaction is so what? I can't conclude anything relevant to some hypothetical process from just a few photos. It's just more disrespect from you that you keep claiming things, even in pictorial form, with publishing sufficient information to allow reproducibility.

If you publish it, it will get out, no matter how you do it, because once you publish it, someone else with publish it elsewhere. So that first reason is self-referential nonsense.

As for the second reason, you apparently didn't promise him not to publish the technique and he apparently didn't even ask you to keep it private. You don't need to reveal any names in order to publish a lab procedure. What I conclude from this is that either (1) you value your relationship with this person more than you value external assistance from the participants of this board or (2) you've been telling lies.

So, if you have respect for the people here, you can either post this procedure or you can stop asking people here to be interested. It's your choice.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 12:22

Vlad I performed an experiment a while back that formed a substance looking exactly lick that. Guess what I used to ake that gold substance... Lean and Tin alloy. It was an experiment of mine to try to produce a soldering flux that contained finely divided solder in flux so that the compound could be brushed on and soldered two copper pipes together without the need for the two step process of fluxing and solder.

What I achieve eventialy was a ratio of compounds that satifyed my needs because I am a plumber by trade. But in the process When mixing the salts of the two metals into the flux which is mainly bees wax and ammonia chloride if im not mistaken the heat and bees wax produced a reductive enviroment allowing the metals to drop out as the flux evaportated. What gets left behind is that surface oxidized material looking exactly like what you have there.

I am also seeing some green salt there in that picture do you care to tell what that is?

You speak of the philosophers stone correct? I found that years ago after reasearching its origins what what I found that that Mercury Sulfate (HgS) loosely translates from ancient china to philosophers stone. In its pure form it fits the old discriptions given to it and also they believed that mercury could also accomplish two things. One being the transmution of gold and the other being that the ancient chinese thought that mercury had the ability to give " eternal life."

(I almost agree with them but thats a whole nother story and is base on a mummy they found in china over 3000 years on in perfect condition after being submerged into a solution of HgS amonst other things. Keep in mind they thought that if the body stayed in tacked the soul never died.)

The point I am getting at here is just because it looks like gold and glitters like gold dosnt mean that it is gold.

I want to see that substance you have there put into a specific gravity test and at the very least a scratch plate test

Because other then that I can perform an experiment from my kids chemistry set that can turn a copper penny into "Gold" if you know what I mean.
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 12:30

Quote:
Alchemists were big on secrecy and often encrypted their records, as I recall. [...] This is incompatible with science. Despite what we owe the alchemists for getting the ball rolling, they were really unscientific in this essential regard. Science is community property.
It's incompatible with <i>public</i> science. Science is only as big as its community. The claim that the NSA had public key cryptography years earlier than the public did is an example. So when was it discovered? It was discovered twice. The first public discovery was later than the first private one, but because it remained private, it doesn't get priority. We reserve the notion of priority for public science.

If Vlad doesn't want to publish, fine. But then he's outside of this community and we can ignore him.

The persuasive argument is that science happens both faster and more faithfully the larger the community is. By tale, I hear of a community of two (maybe three). If they pull off something amazing, good for them. As long as they remain apart from public science, I'll listen to them only after they've done their hypothetically amazing thing, and not a moment before.
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 12:36
@Innerspace

Thank you being moderately reasonable. And I say only "moderately" because of the flagrant hypocrisy that I quote from you.
Quote:
Originally posted by Innerspace
Spending too much time in an electro magnetic field (your puter) might have made some of you a little testy, I’d recommend more fresh air. [...] A personal attack is really unprofessional, and contributes little to scientific advancement.
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 12:44

W-F, idle banter with people like innerspace is truly time wasted.

He believes in things, as Douglas Adams once put it, that they wouldn't swallow even in Salt Lake City.

Pick your fights, he is a write-off. Hopeless case. Lost cause.

watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 12:58

Quote:
W-F, idle banter with people like innerspace is truly time wasted. [...] He believes in things, as Douglas Adams once put it, that they wouldn't swallow even in Salt Lake City.
I complimented only to the extent that he acknowledged that the burden of proof was on him and that he had not yet met it. That behavior is entirely appropriate, and evidently uncommon (as witnessed also on this thread so far), and worthy of my answer. As to his quasi-scientific interests, I have nothing to praise.
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 14:01

I merely meant that it's a waste of energy, I did not mean you were unduly symathetic.

hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 14:14

Quote:
Even in Salt Lake City.

And where is WTFTech.com (ZeroPointTechnologies) based?

Yep! It's Utah. . .
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 14:26

. . .not that I've got anything against Morons!
Vlad
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 03:48

Quote:
Transmutation means changing an element into another element.

Allegedly changing gold into gold is not transmutation.

Shy of high energy physics you will not be transmutating anything at all.

You continue to trip over your own ignorance.

You might want to review what it means to be an element and what the difference is between a chemical process and a nuclear one. Transmutation is a nuclear process. Radioactive decay is a nuclear process. Many radioisotopes eventually decay to lead, naturally in some cases and artificially in others. You would be well advised to obtain a clear idea of what an isotope is as opposed to an element.

I know what you are saying. But this was not gold. This was lead and copper, changed into gold. It was tested on tests for pure gold by a professional metallurgist and miner who knows what is gold and what not. It's better/stranger this transmuted gold than pure natural gold apparently. It doesn't even dissolve in cold aqua regia which gold does. Requires hot aqua regia to dissolve.

Quote:
As for the second reason, you apparently didn't promise him not to publish the technique and he apparently didn't even ask you to keep it private. You don't need to reveal any names in order to publish a lab procedure. What I conclude from this is that either (1) you value your relationship with this person more than you value external assistance from the participants of this board or (2) you've been telling lies.

I don't want some processes to end up patented and published in journals under another's name. This patenting of an 'alchemical' process/product happened before and money is a motivation as many times. I don't like certain substances that enhance consciousness to end up being patented for greed or fame.

Quote:

I am also seeing some green salt there in that picture do you care to tell what that is?

I don't know, the author of the transmutation kept parts a mystery, but it was obvious from his explanation that this was the remainder of a green solution of gold. Where have we seen this before?

Quote:
You speak of the philosophers stone correct? I found that years ago after reasearching its origins what what I found that that Mercury Sulfate (HgS) loosely translates from ancient china to philosophers stone. In its pure form it fits the old discriptions given to it and also they believed that mercury could also accomplish two things. One being the transmution of gold and the other being that the ancient chinese thought that mercury had the ability to give " eternal life."

I have read that ORME elements have no electron shield that prevents nuclear particles to go migrate outside the nucleus to another element. The electron shield is squashed like a saucer shape with both poles of the atom exposed I believe the explanation was. This allows an ORME element to change to another element, and the explanation was also given that all elements donate or accept particles until they become gold.

David Hudson in his lectures online also said that monoatomic mercury if correctly made drops to gold. Hg is right next to Au. If the previous explanation is correct this makes sense.

The HgS method for making the philosopher's stone seems to involve KOH to make a monoatomic form of the mercury through the potassium ion reaction just like sodium is used for. Then the monoatomic mercury is made to drop down to gold, and it is the monoatomic gold or another isotope of it that has unique properties as the philosopher's stone and transmutes.
There is a book I had from a Danish alchemist from the 80s who had pictures of the stone and transmuted gold, and had subjected the projection powder or philosopher's stone to lab tests, and one thing that came out besides that it's a very heavy substance, is that it's a radioactive substance.
Pomzazed
Hazard to Self

Mood: Acylated

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 04:14

Quote:

The HgS method for making the philosopher's stone seems to involve KOH to make a monoatomic form of the mercury through the potassium ion reaction just like sodium is used for. Then the monoatomic mercury is made to drop down to gold, and it is the monoatomic gold or another isotope of it that has unique properties as the philosopher's stone and transmutes.

sorry, but WTF?

Don't stare at me making fumes... I'm just experimenting with some gas...
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 05:20

Congratulations, Vlad, you've rendered us catatonic. . .
Some of us can't even remember who we are or what we're supposed to be doing.
You've pulled the comforting rug of REALITY from under our feet and now *we're* looking for religious texts so that *we*, too can get all worked up over utter rubbish. . .

[Edited on 12-2-2009 by hissingnoise]
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 05:36

Quote:
I don't want some processes to end up patented and published in journals under another's name. This patenting of an 'alchemical' process/product happened before and money is a motivation as many times.
Please learn some patent law. Only the true inventor may file a patent application. When someone who is not the true inventor files an application, it's called patent fraud. One of the very quickest ways of invalidating a patent, even before issuance, is to show that there was fraud.

Now, if you're worried about patents, you should worry about this associate of yours filing for one. If you publish it prior to that (and you don't have to take personal credit for it to do so), it counts as prior art. Even if you're not worried about your associate, they may well have told other people, people who <i>are</i> unscrupulous and who would be willing to commit fraud.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  8

Go To Top