Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 07:42

Vlad, you are a comedian!

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
sparkgap
International Hazard

Mood: chaotropic

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 08:01

Seeing your concern for patent law, I assume the "procedure" you have mentioned in your U2U is necessarily incomplete? :P

sparky (~_~)

"What's UTFSE? I keep hearing about it, but I can't be arsed to search for the answer..."
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 11:23

Vlad you are misunderstanding what I ment. HgS IS the philosopher's stone. It was used in china as a means of eternal life, and was claimed to have the ability to transmute to gold from some sources(Which I believe maybe because of trace amounts of gold already contained in the substance to begin with). Also due to its anti bacterial propertys it was used for embalming to preserve the dead.

All in all HgS wasnt a substance used to make the so called magical stone, It was the 'magical' stone.
Vlad
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 11:44

I got you but I'm saying from the Hg from HgS the magical stone was made. Even today there are still many alchemists (mainly in France) who continue to pursue that route to make the 'stone' in spite of modern or other methods.
Vlad
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 11:47

In fact just some days ago I came across a website of french alchemists pursuing the HgS 'method'
They have some pictures at http://heliosadam.alchimie.free.fr/alchimie/photos.php
The last two show the projection powder.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 11:57

This is just brain-dead drivel; you guys should return to your soap-operas!
We've suffered enough.
Piss off with this bilge!!!

[Edited on 12-2-2009 by hissingnoise]
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 12:00

Ok.
Do you know how to read french?
If you can read it what the man is showing is the process for purifying HgS from cinnabar.
If needed I can translate that page for you If you would like but I dont know if it is needed considering there are american pages showing how to prepare HgS.

Vlad Im telling you brother if you stop using terms such as projection powder for magic force fields you will get laughed at just a little less in these forums then you do now.

@hissing
the philosopher's stone was a real substance but I feel in no way shape or form would it have the abilitys that they state that it did. The philosopher's stone was nothing more then misguided attempts to recreate a substance known to the anceint chinese and much confusion can about as to its propertys due to lack of translation of the times.

[Edited on 12-2-2009 by Sedit]
Vlad
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 12:12

I can read French.
The fully white beaker in the pictures section is interesting to me though. I don't think during the purification of HgS from cinnabar there is such a bright white substance that can be produced.

As for being laughed at I don't care.

On the mercury, this is what David Hudson claimed:

Quote:
It's interesting to note that the philosophical text . . . over in the Ayurvedic text, I was sent a copy by the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi who knows of this work, and he had it translated into English and sent it over to me. These are about 2,000 B.C. that this information comes from supposedly, and it says you can take mercury and divide mercury, and divide mercury and divide mercury, until you divide it into it's essence and you actually get a white powder of mercury. And the way you test that mercury to see if it's ready for ingestion, is you heat it in air and if it turns to gold, then it's ready for ingestion. And they knew this 2000 B.C. Did you know that superdeformed mercury, when all of its electrons are paired in the high-spin state, if you heat it in air in 78% Nitrogen, in air, that when you get up to around red heat, that the outside electron pair will annihilate with itself. It actually will withdraw it's screening potential enough that outer pair annihilates, and that electron pair doesn't produce 510,000 electron-volt photons like electron annihilation normally does, it produces a 1 million electron-volt photon that is always absorbed by the binding nucleus.

So here your mercury atom now has a 1 million volt photon that comes flying into the nucleus, in the binding nucleus of the mercury, and that's the energy it takes in a high-spin state to knock off a proton and several neutrons. Coincidentally. Now you have a low spin gold, and it goes right immediately to low spin gold. Now low spin gold, if there's other gold atoms near it will aggregate as a metallic material, and once you got diatomic gold, you got it, you're on your way home now, you got metal. So you could actually take mercury to the high-spin state and the way you check it is heat it in air, and if it goes to gold then don't heat the rest of it, consume it, it's a medicine. And that's something that miners and metallurgists have a real hard time with, they say, "Why don't they want the beautiful yellow valuable metal?" Because the white powder is more valuable, that's why.
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 12:22

This is to me the most disturbing thing that Hudson has ever written an I feel that something should be done with him to stop him from writting crap such as this ASAP because he is advocating that people ingest mercury and its salts which if he has done may explain why he can no grasp the misconceptions about things in science.
Im sorry but I cant discuss this anymore.

~Sedit
Vlad
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 12:34

I don't think anyone reading that part of his lecture is that stupid as to not realize mercury is mostly toxic (I said mostly because amalgams are still used in dentistry and thimerosal for vaccines) and not to trust words. We should not return to the middle ages were people got burned for sayin things.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 12:35

Quote:
Originally posted by Sedit
I feel that something should be done with him to stop him from writting crap such as this.

And irony is something with a lot of iron in it. . .
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 14:42

Explain where the irony is hissing noise.
I would love to heres the meaning behind this comment.

I have posted no claims of anything I have only stated facts, So if there is a problem with things I have mentioned here I will gladly take it up with you in a U2U

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 14:54

Quote:
Originally posted by Sedit
Explain where the irony is hissing noise.

You mean you actually don't know. . .???
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 14:59

If you start with Cu and Pb you will end with Cu and Pb.

Not a single atom of Au will arise from them.

Not the smallest nanoparticle.

You cannot alter the nucleus of an element by chemical reaction.

To say otherwise IS to return to the Dark Ages.

Elements are defined by the number of protons in the nucleus. That is the atomic number and that cannot be changed, except is certain cases by high energy nuclear processes. That is the only real transmutation.

Anything else is a farce and a fraud that only the ignorant and credulous will entertain.

There is nothing magic about Au. You can't create it and you can't destroy it. Just like Cu and just like Pb. If you think otherwise, examine your thought processes because you are delusional.

Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 15:03

yes this is exactly what I mean hissing where is the irony in me thinking that david hudson needs to stop from poisioning people.

Have you heard me promoting ORMUS or hudson? ]
Have you heard me say that transmution is a reality?

[Edited on 12-2-2009 by Sedit]

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 15:19

This is just way too ridiculous, Sedit. I give up!
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 15:28

Hissingnoise your giving up because you cant find one single piece here where I stated anything supporting these ideas and as for the supposed non grasp of basic science it would seem as though you may want to examine ones self before attempting a half thought out insult on someone else.

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 16:36

Not only can you not alter the nucleus of an element by chemical processes, but you can't do so either by ALchemical processes, whatever they are, un'ess they happen to include the use of particle accelerators, fast neutron flux reactors and the like.

Vlad, you are spouting nonsense.

sparkgap
International Hazard

Mood: chaotropic

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 18:14

"I said mostly because amalgams are still used in dentistry and thimerosal for vaccines"

I can't seem to find the disturbing YouTube video showing mercury vapor emanating from amalgam in a false tooth... :o Scary shit.

With thimerosal, you might want to search for the mounting suits on this... it's no less than fucked up that you jab into a kid a cumulative poison (do the math if you're skeptical, check the usual vaccination schedule for a child and the amount of thimerosal in a single vial).

sparky (~_~)

"What's UTFSE? I keep hearing about it, but I can't be arsed to search for the answer..."
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 18:27

Off topic(as though this whole threed isnt) If you have almalgam fillings in your teeth DO NOT mess around with tesla coils.

I lost 4 fillings the first month I started making teska coils from the EM causing minor sparks and evaporating the Mercury. Not to mention the sores that started to appear on my arms that I have since found out are part of mercury poisioning.

Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 13-2-2009 at 01:38

Oh, great! Now we even have nuclear reactions in a test tube. :(
This is getting too insane even for the Whimsy section, so it can't be moved there. I don't know what to do with this thread. It looks like some find it crazy enough to be entertaining, so I guess it is not a good option to just lock it. But the amount of nonsense that is accumulating here is too much for this forum with the word "Science" in its name. Anybody has any suggestion what to do before we get drowned in tens of pages of pseudoreligious crap?
Vlad
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 13-2-2009 at 02:04

As I learned it chemical transmutation is imposible because protons are prevented from leaving the nucleus by the orbiting electron cloud bouncing back the protons if they try to leave. So make a hole in the electron cloud and you shouldn't have that problem no? Or are there other forces preventing this to happen?
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2009 at 02:20

Well, you can't make a hole in the electron cloud because it is not a cloud, that is merely a description of the electronic shells. And yes of course there are other forces holding the nuclear center (nucleus) together, I suggest you read THE CURVE OF BINDING ENERGY. Protons are not billiard balls.

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2009 at 02:23

Delete the entire thread and ban anyone who starts it up again.

not_important
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2009 at 03:43

Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
As I learned it chemical transmutation is imposible because protons are prevented from leaving the nucleus by the orbiting electron cloud bouncing back the protons if they try to leave. So make a hole in the electron cloud and you shouldn't have that problem no? Or are there other forces preventing this to happen?

Sauron has already pointed you at some decent reading, but for the Cliff Notes version you can try

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_nuclear_force

http://35.9.69.219/home/modules/pdf_modules/m280.pdf

This is a force roughly 2 orders of magnitude stronger than the electromagnetic force.

Note that it is fairly easy to produce H(+) ions, which have not electrons; this can be done with deuterium and tritium as well. If the electrons were all that held the nucleus together, ionised D or T would fall apart. Helium and lithium are also not too difficult to fully ionise, again they so no instability as a result.

Heavier elements are more difficult to fully ionise, the inner electrons generally taking orders of magnitude more energy to remove; the 1st electron of sodium taking a tad less than500 kJ/mol while the last (11th) electron takes almost 160 mJ/mol. The energy levels involved quickly move from vis-UV light into the x-ray region, in ordinary condensed matter these levels are only very slightly affected by anything happening out at the valence level.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8

Go To Top