Pages:  1  ..  8    10
Author: Subject: List some BAD chemistry YouTube videos
Fidelmios
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-2-2017 at 00:07

Quote: Originally posted by XeonTheMGPony  
Quote: Originally posted by Fidelmios  
The guy named Cody had a video where he drank cyanide, it was actually pretty cool!

Poison is in the dose so what he did was perfectly safe as he explained!

I know, I just thought I'd share!
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-5-2017 at 10:53

This one is pretty bad, but I still have a lot of footage to edit and post, and I'm going to try to make some better ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKKdWsgjgI

Charlemagne
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-5-2017 at 19:20

Quote: Originally posted by XeonTheMGPony  
The guy named Cody had a video where he drank cyanide, it was actually pretty cool!

Poison is in the dose so what he did was perfectly safe as he explained!

I know, I just thought I'd share!

I have mixed feelings about Cody. On one hand, his content is a hell of a lot better than most other "science" channels of that size (>1 mil subscribers), he seems very knowledgeable on chemistry for someone without formal education, and most of the stuff is very interesting and explained pretty well. I'd say over 90% of his videos have nothing dangerous in them, and even most of the somewhat dangerous ones seem more dangerous than they are (there's no way one sip from a glass of water with 15 mg of sodium cyanide will kill or seriously harm a 100 kg person). On the other hand... a few times he's done some insanely dangerous stuff. The video where he put sodium in a toilet was somewhat dangerous, but that pales in comparison to some other stuff he's done. The two worst ones that I can remember off the top of my head was him having an unplanned release of chlorine from a propane tank full of it in a shed when he was younger (he talked about it in a Q&A video) and a video where he bit sodium metal. If he had fucked up and a substantial amount of spit got on it, he likely could have died or been severely injured. If he had worse luck, he could have easily gone the way of Mywfany. Still, he's done some pretty amazing stuff (he made a gram or so of fairly pure heavy water and made large amounts of sodium and cesium metal without electrolysis months before Nurdrage, though it was a different method and required a furnace). If he was better on the safety aspect of his videos, he'd be on the same level as Nile red and Nurdrage. He's still good enough that I regularly watch him, though I don't know a huge amount about amateur chemistry and wouldn't do many of his experiments even if I had the necessary equipment.
Foeskes
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-6-2017 at 22:57

https://youtu.be/5uZwYg4W7JE
Some guys with little knowledge messing with HF and HNO3
CuReUS
National Hazard

[*] posted on 11-8-2018 at 02:00

hilarious video,almost replicated the hindenburg :D https://youtu.be/2-eMOCMDQj8?t=248
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10

Go To Top